Crysis news/info thread

The "i love picking up items" excuse for the way the game handles ammo is possibly the most laughable one i read.
When i'm under attack and in mid-battle i really don't want to search the ground for ammo, it's stupid and frustrating and i've yet found the logic behind that decision. Especially with the jungle setting, you can have trouble spotting.

That makes no sense at all, if they had the guns pop into your inventory when you walked on them, you'd still have to search the ground for ammo so you can walk on them. But instead of walking an extra 2 feet, you press a button.

Yeah I hate it when games make me do things! Why cant my gun just fire when I see someone on my screen?! Its absolutely maddening that I have to push a button during combat!

Or at least be prepared beforehand by scavenging from previous battles. It wasnt that hard for me to find ample amounts of ammo.

The more I play this the more I like it. Shame I cant run it on high though (10 FPS is slightly difficult to play with). I somewhat underestimated the AI, more than once I found myself hopelessly surrounded because I neglected to keep tabs on all the soldiers.

crysisteamxq8ic4.jpg

The characters faces even look good on low settings. Puts so many other games to shame.

I'm getting 17-20 FPS on my setup all setting high and 16x AA. WTF?
Crysis is nothing but a better looking Far Cry. WTF?
Very disappointed with Crysis. WTF?
OMG your comp is like 1 month old! You gotz to upgradez n shit when u play PC games dude.

The editor is pretty funky
Cool, didn't realise it came with the editor.

I played the demo. I give the demo a score of 9.4/10

the only thing i hated is the A.I. it seems the system is designed for close combat...the enemy is so stupid when you hit them from far. I hop they fix this on final release of the game.

hehe I pushed a petrol tank into the water with couple of hits boooom the korean's dead

waterhuntoy7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EfUE1lS_Ao

Crysis Single Player Demo Secrets (Spoilers).
With Sandbox 2 (the level editor from Crysis) I spawned some 'secret' entities at a beach in the single player demo and checked them out ingame. Be sure to check the last part, you can fly with a heli!
Also featering: a nuclear grenade launcher, a mini gun, a tornado, C4 explosives, a scope, a tank etc...

I'm getting 17-20 FPS on my setup all setting high and 16x AA. WTF?
Crysis is nothing but a better looking Far Cry. WTF?
Very disappointed with Crysis. WTF?

Yeah maybe we should all spend 1k on graphic cards so we can put them in our sigs on the internets cause you know, that's what it's all about.

Its amazing tho. in Crysis; 17-20 FPS is actually playable... Wow!

Yeah maybe we should all spend 1k on graphic cards so we can put them in our sigs on the internets cause you know, that's what it's all about.

Yeah that is whats all about. don't be hating jealous, one day you will be able to afford a 1k graphic card. The trick is: Stay in school or, be a teenage male-prostitute.

$1200.00 by the way so go hang yourself from a tree.

Isnt that british guy voiced by Vinnie Jones???

Only caught onto the possibility right at the end of the demo. Or am i just the idiot that didnt read up on his role in the game? /preparedforflaming

[Edit] Its actually quite fun if you think of ways you can do stuff, the island is your playground really. Tried taking on a group of 4 guards with nothing but my fists and whatever i could throw...3 went down...then i didnt see that nade...

Its amazing tho. in Crysis; 17-20 FPS is actually playable... Wow!

Yeah that is whats all about. don't be hating jealous, one day you will be able to afford a 1k graphic card. The trick is: Stay in school or, be a teenage male-prostitute.

what kind of fps are you getting with SLI is on ? + res your using,

thanks

I must say I love the fact that it actually shows the arms reaching and grabbing for weapons / items.

what kind of fps are you getting with SLI is on ? + res your using,

thanks

Everything on high 16xQ, 1680x1050 i'm getting 17-20fps.
When i lower AA to 16x and res. 1024x768 I get just a little bit more maybe 10 more frames/s.

17-20 fps is smooth enough maybe little mouse drag then again this is a demo, who knows when this demo was made.

Yes, you got me. I'm jealous and I'm a poor ghetto boy who can't play Crysis on very high settings.

diaf

I totally agree with the Farcry 1.5 remark.... this is ecactly what it is. Plays just like Farcry but with special powers.... hmmmmm.. this could be a mod rather than a brand new game.

I for one will NOT be wasting money on this game nor upgrading to play it. It runs poorly on my rig, granted by gfx card is old I think even upgrading to the new 8800GT I wont see much of an improvement. Im glad I am not one of thos people who lives and dies by graphics, I rather prefer gameplay and this game lacks anything new in the gameplay area. Granted the "special powers" are a nice touch, but the enemy AI hardly makes you use them. Like in Farcry you can stand back and pick the enemys off one by one and get closer and closer.

Shame though, this was a game I was looking forward to but have been let down by. Now let us wait for Assasins Creed

Oh man the editor makes up for the game! :cheers: I spawned a bunch of chickens and chased them with tanks and helicopters. Shot them with tons of weapons and rockets. Tons of feathers flying everywhere but was great fun. I can't find how to make a tornado though or the nuke. Can anybody tell me? *Oh wait a minute. It's in the environment stuff. I should'nt make a vid out of this should I? PETA would be after me! XD

How do I do something in the editor ?
edit: figured that out... well wheres that nuke gun ?

I like how the AI can't see you through walls this time. It makes it more fun sneaking around. They react to sound pretty well too letting you create some nice diversions.

Yeah me too. The only difference i've noticed the A.I. between difficulty settings is that they can shoot better and take more damage. The go from being average on Normal difficulty, to being near-snipers on Hard. Haven't played it on Delta yet.

I think the A.I. is quite good though, i don't see why people complain about that.

Uhm, When I play it, the dialog and music is all garbly.. what's wrong?!
Figured it out.. BTW, Don't go to desktop.

I have to say.. I was quite impressed with the demo - didn't think I'd have that much fun. Even if I can only run it at 1024x768 with no Anti-Aliasing whatsoever. It's still fun as hell destroying entire houses and running around at super-speed throwing tree branches at unsuspecting foes.

I think I'll buy this one - if for nothing else as a sandbox for my own sick imagination.

True dat, its growing on me, as the amount of destruction you can cause increases as you progress through the demo. And the editor is sure to add some longevity to the demo.

It's fun, but a little hard. Endless soldiers coming out of nowhere? I can't kill them all! WTF?!!?
But going stealth and backstabbing soldiers is fun.

The sandbox editor seems pretty simple. I modified the multiplayer map (the one in the beta) to include some jumps & cloaked hovercraft. (just stupid s*it)

I love this game. The only thing that has bugged me so far is the bad looking flashlight of my soldier friend. It was really bugging me.

Everything on high 16xQ, 1680x1050 i'm getting 17-20fps.
When i lower AA to 16x and res. 1024x768 I get just a little bit more maybe 10 more frames/s.

17-20 fps is smooth enough maybe little mouse drag then again this is a demo, who knows when this demo was made.

it seems the SLI is not functioning. Other people with SLI setup are having the same problem.

I just hop the SLI works in the final game.

Played it. Looks nice. Boring as hell. Just the same as Farcry.

I won't be buying it. Portal was about a million times better.

I played it. Looks alright on my rig.

The Suit however is awesome.

cloaking, armour, speed, strength I've used all at different points of the game, and they really make a difference.

Like towards the end of the demo where you have to assault a checkpoint, I used strength to jump up along the side, reach a lookout and attacked from there taking over a 50 cal position.

Played it through on Delta. It's a bit annoying with the enemies taking more damage than I could, but overall I was impressed enough to seriously consider buying this game.

StardogChampion, it's not about logic, it's about gameplay. Manually picking ammo is annoying and yes after you realize that you need to pick the ammo up it becomes less of a hassle (but remains still) but too bad that until i learned that, the enemey would kill me everytime and i keep wondering what i don't have ammo left. and the problem with having to take your attention of the battle do spot a weapon on the ground still exists, frustrates and wasting precious time.

About the weapon changing, it would have been nice if you ran out of ammo, for it to change auto. to another weapon you are carrying, just like hl2 or any other shooter i can think of atm. Still , it's a minor point compared to the first one.

Intersted to see how the game is after the 1st level because that's when Far Cry went off and if they could sustain the same level of quality, which is overall nice in the demo.

It was okay, ran decently on my rig on medium no aa 1024x768.

Feels way too much like Far Cry with a new coat of paint and an added suit.
Enemy AI is damn stupid, on quite a few occasions I'd see soldiers huddled together running into one another.
And what's with the silencer? Is it just me or does it cause the guns to do very little damage? That's so stupid, I mean I know a silencer slows down the bullet a bit but not up to the extent where getting shot doesn't do shit.

The cloak feature on the suit is next to useless, I could be crouched and sneaking around... all of a sudden everyone opens fire on me and I didn't even make a single noise.
Super strength feels so underwhelming, from the videos it looked like you could punch trees down, walls, fences, cause vehicles to get flipped over, etc.
And yet none of this is in the demo. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
I've tried punching everything with super strength on and the most I was able to do was insta-kill a couple of enemies.

Meh, I'll eventually get this when everything's all sorted out and it's dropped down to $20/$30.

edit : I've yet to try the editor, but if it's as easy to use as ya'll say it is... it should provide some entertainment.
edit 2 : I can't even find the editor anywhere! D:

The nuke gun is nicknamed the "TAC" gun. A tank also has it. I found out what happens after the cutscene also at the end. That black guy you first meet gets killed by an alien shortly after. I presume a boss battle follows.

Back