Crysis news/info thread

Elliot and Green both work at 1up (Ziff-davis publishing group) ..they both work on Games For Windows and do the GFW podcast together ..they also have similiar tastes ..GFW is also one of the better podcasts out there, Elliot is pretty funny. I find their reviews to be pretty spot on most of the time

Kristen works for eurogamer and is also on the eurogamer podcast ..seems fairly conpetant but I get the impression is much more of a console gamer

dont believe the hype. Id give this game 7/8 out of 10. Graphics are what making this game + methods to kill the Koreans (i.e. nanosuits differnet powers). Bet the story is shit and voice acting is crap too (the demo proves it). Im not getting this game until A. Ive upgraded B. Completed Bioshock which i stopped playing coz it ran like crap C. Crysis is ?20 or less.

It's a solid game. Rating it before you've actually played it is stupid. Both hype and bashing is unfounded after playing through it. It's compelling enough to be both fun and entertaining, but it's certainly has it's cons. The middle portion of the game is easily one of the neatest parts i've ever seen in a game. However, I definitely would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were harder and longer.

It's a solid game. Rating it before you've actually played it is stupid. Both hype and bashing is unfounded after playing through it. It's compelling enough to be both fun and entertaining, but it's certainly has it's cons. The middle portion of the game is easily one of the neatest parts i've ever seen in a game. However, I definitely would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were harder and longer.

I agree but if you look at the first FarCry game and this wahts the difference...... not much really. Island..... enemied that flank.....rock hard helicopters..... same old game with a new front. I am very hard when it comes to games, especially these days as there are loads coming out all beggine for out hard earned cash. Sure Im gonna dload this and play the SP (like 99.9% others have done already). I just feel theres no real substance in this game to keep be hooked.

That one page spat is a review? Just when 1up had earned my respect they go and churn out this little rant from a person who looked like they hacked it together for their english high school paper. Sad times...

Ouch! Someone tickled this fanboys whiskers. Crack sizzle and pop!

I agree but if you look at the first FarCry game and this wahts the difference...... not much really. Island..... enemied that flank.....rock hard helicopters..... same old game with a new front. I am very hard when it comes to games, especially these days as there are loads coming out all beggine for out hard earned cash. Sure Im gonna dload this and play the SP (like 99.9% others have done already). I just feel theres no real substance in this game to keep be hooked.

If you actually played it you'd see a difference, especially in the later stages of the game. Crysis has a lot more direction than Far Cry. It's not just the same island over and over again, and they don't just slap you in the face with Trigens this time. You know what's coming early on, and it builds up quite well to it. The whole experience of the game is impressive. Crysis also has a great cinematic feel to it:

The mission where you're driving a tank through a large plains type area, and in the distace you see a huge mountain start to collapse. This event just oozes of awesome. As you progress, the mountain continues changing.

Even through the open-endedness was pretty much gone at one point, the scenery and gameplay made up for that well in my opinion. It is a very solid game, but as it said, it does have it's flaws.

^^Not really. Even though I might be a little more inclined to talk about Crysis's strengths vs weaknesses, this did not stir up my fanboi-ism.

What made me mad was the lack of quality journalism in that review, hell he didn't even cover MP.

patch 1.1 is out, gamershell.com

people are saying there is no improvements at all.

big big disappointment ;(

Yep, the only thing it really did was fix a memory leak issue.

This Game Is Awesome!

EDIT: I get an error when I try to install the patch even though I have the original CE version

I just finished this game, and I must say the single player is night and day better than Far Cry. I enjoyed it immensely.

Okay... I'm still having some completely unplayable graphics corruption. I installed the ATI hotfix for crysis graphics corruption, and that fixed it until the next day(today) and it doesn't work anymore.

Anybody else experience this and solve it with a Radeon card?

Okay... I'm still having some completely unplayable graphics corruption. I installed the ATI hotfix for crysis graphics corruption, and that fixed it until the next day(today) and it doesn't work anymore.

Anybody else experience this and solve it with a Radeon card?

you haven't got AA on have you?

im playing the game with a 2.2ghz single core with 1.25 gig of ram, and a 9800 pro.

Lowest res, and lowest settings, i get solid 30+ fps =D

im playing the game with a 2.2ghz single core with 1.25 gig of ram, and a 9800 pro.

Lowest res, and lowest settings, i get solid 30+ fps =D
Well done, you completely missed the point of Crysis.

I got CRYSIS!!!! now i'm gonna play it on my

e6600 core2duo
8600gts 256mb
2gb of ram
19inch wide screen monitor
(intergerated sound :( but a subwoofer speaker set)

It's a pretty good deal to get this from dell at 1600 SINGAPORE dollars especially when you have a 600 dollar voucher, which means i essentially got that at 1000 dollars which is probably about 600 US dollars which means I rock.

Be sure to get the 1.1 patch, it might improve your performance.

By the way... Sorry for going off-topic, but being in Singapore, what happens when you enter www.cannabis.com?

you haven't got AA on have you?

I completely uninstalled my drivers... went through registry and everything to remove them completely, then I applied the ATI crysis hotfix again and it's working now. Doesn't run as great as I thought though initially. I don't notice any FPS increase from all low settings to all high settings. The FPS stays the same...

Oh great, I can't even install it, it says one of my Cab files are corrupted and it has some error. Looks like I have to replace the CD with another one at the shop..

And no, I can't seem to access that sites, it loads on and on and on and on..

i played it post patch and its still got alot of issues. Biggest complaint is that you have to empty a clip at a person far away....why do people think think shooting someone 1000 times is realistic?

For realism you have to play on Delta as they take the same damage as you do in that difficulty.

Downloading should try it sometime in the next 3 years.

Back