Crysis news/info thread

how do you grab an enemy?

btw, doesn't the power gets used up really quick? you can move around with cloak on for only about 5-10 secs...

The idea is to lure people to you.

1) Fire a shot to warn people of your location
2) When they are nearby, cloak
3) Wait
4) When they are right in front of you, shoot point blank in their faces

I expect somebody will come up with a Predator Mod :bounce:

The idea is to lure people to you.

1) Fire a shot to warn people of your location
2) When they are nearby, cloak
3) Wait
4) When they are right in front of you, shoot point blank in their faces

I expect somebody will come up with a Predator Mod :bounce:

Or you can use cloak almost exclusively to win anything easily.

Just cloak towards your enemy, stopping at any tree or rock to swap to armor and recharge if need be. When you are close enough to your target that you are 100% sure you can nail the headshot (or at least hit him anywhere with the gg tranq. dart) - quickly switch to armor, fire your shot, switch back to cloak (you'll have slightly more energy than you did before killing this bad guy, move to cover, recharge if you have to. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You can beat the entire demo on Delta without the enemy even coming close to touching you. And you don't have to even fire a single bullet if you just use tranq. darts + punching unconscious bodies.

Cloak = gg
Tranq. darts = gg

Or you can use cloak almost exclusively to win anything easily.

It's part of the first level of the game. The whole purpose is usually to introduce you to the game mechanics and whatnot. It's entirely possible that you won't be able to rely on cloak as often in the full game. We may also see higher difficulties. The Nanosuit is obviously technology the Koreans don't have in the game, and probably weren't expecting. Perhaps later on they'll be more keen on your presence.

It's part of the first level of the game. The whole purpose is usually to introduce you to the game mechanics and whatnot. It's entirely possible that you won't be able to rely on cloak as often in the full game. We may also see higher difficulties. The Nanosuit is obviously technology the Koreans don't have in the game, and probably weren't expecting. Perhaps later on they'll be more keen on your presence.

I really doubt it, but I hope you're right. I can't think of a game that has actually ramped up AI behavior over the course of the game.

I really doubt it, but I hope you're right. I can't think of a game that has actually ramped up AI behavior over the course of the game.

I hope I'm right too, it would make things much more interesting. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. My PC is the only game machine I have atm, so anything to hold my interest is welcomed.

The Korean's get nanosuits, but the A.I. remains virtually the same, with the exception of being able to jump onto high objects. Its only problem then is actually navigating the objects. There's a video on gamevideos (the one that 1up uses for their crap. Whatever its called) that shows off Koreans in nanosuits and its pretty much the same gameplay except they can cloak and use all their abilities. Thing is, in the video up on that site it shows the player completely hammering one of those nanosuited koreans with a shotgun 4 times while it stays still and reloads the entire time. So, the a.i. is pretty iffy. Good and bad really. It appears when its good, its good and when its bad its pretty ****ing dumb.

The Korean's get nanosuits, but the A.I. remains virtually the same, with the exception of being able to jump onto high objects. Its only problem then is actually navigating the objects. There's a video on gamevideos (the one that 1up uses for their crap. Whatever its called) that shows off Koreans in nanosuits and its pretty much the same gameplay except they can cloak and use all their abilities. Thing is, in the video up on that site it shows the player completely hammering one of those nanosuited koreans with a shotgun 4 times while it stays still and reloads the entire time. So, the a.i. is pretty iffy. Good and bad really. It appears when its good, its good and when its bad its pretty ****ing dumb.

Thats only in MP, Koreans dont have Nano suits in sp.

anyone knows any tutorial for the editor? Im completely lost :S

Does anyone have a second link to download the map? I accidentally downloaded the wrong one, thus using up all my "free" bandwith on rapidshare. I need to wait like 80 minutes to download the other map. :/

well as far as performance goes on the demo, I'm getting 30 fps avg @ 1280x800 on lowest settings. Using highest settings I get 8 fps (and it doesn't even look that great)

Does anyone have a second link to download the map? I accidentally downloaded the wrong one, thus using up all my "free" bandwith on rapidshare. I need to wait like 80 minutes to download the other map. :/

If you have a dynamic IP address, or dialup, you can just disconnect and reconnect your modem to get a new IP address assigned, to eliminate that wait time.

Damn thats crazy for a demo, someone is getting fired...

Im not going to spoil it for myself.

Not much too spoil,not really unique weapons and not so many of them,besides most of them are without sound.
And vehicles are bugged or something,we really should wait for the final version to see these stuff fully..

I can't understand. The editor runs at 50 fps on all settings maxed, while an 800600 reso runs at 20 fps on all medium settings in the main game.

Not much too spoil,not really unique weapons and not so many of them,besides most of them are without sound.
And vehicles are bugged or something,we really should wait for the final version to see these stuff fully..

The entire script for the game is inside the demo...

Yeah, I played around in the modded demo. The aliens seem like they'll be pretty fun to fight. When I first loaded up, I forgot there was going to be one in the map. I had my volume up really loud and all of a sudden I heard a "War of the Worlds"-type bio-mechanical groan and my heart ****ing sank.

As far as the guns go, like someone else said, they're not very unique. The lack of gore and dismemberment also makes killing the soldiers not that much more satisfying than killing them with the SCAR or AK. The minigun was really disappointing, mostly because of the lack of sound for it. It seems like it'll be fun to use though, just not satisfying not hearing that metal clunking about.

Hm, played the demo on all low, it looked like shit (worse than Far Cry maxed out, running smoothly) but I had fun. The whole suit idea is pretty nice.

I was annoyed however by some long freezes every now and then (video freezes, sound still playing, then sound freezes after a few seconds, then everything goes back to normal; everything lasts about 10 seconds). So at one point, when you have to disable the radio tower) I was getting these freezes every 5 seconds or so, making the game unplayable. I thought it's an overheating issue, but when I changed the settings to medium, the freezes were gone (but the game was running at like 5 fps). Switched back to low and experienced freezes again, but this time every few minutes. Any ideas how to fix that?

Well I finally played the demo and I am glad this game is coming out next week.

It ran completely playable on 1680x1050 with everything on High no AA with my 8800 GTS 640. There were few stutters here and there but even in the 20 fps range this game plays well. Now I just need to install my SC 8800 GT and see how that runs it.

Whoa, it's coming next week?!

Shazbot, I don't think my quadcore will get here in time.

Back