CS:GO Beta Key Giveaway Puzzle [Closed]

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE: WINNERS ARE...

Kuchenpeter who was the first person to solve the puzzle and The Python who was the winner of the drawing! The solution is at the bottom. Congratulations to our winners!

We've got 2 more CS:GO beta keys to give away in what could be your last chance to access the game before it goes on sale in around 2 months time! The first person to reach the end of the puzzle will instantly win a beta key. Everyone else who subsequently completes the puzzle will be entered into a draw, which closes on Sunday 17th at 11:59pm EST. A random winner will be chosen shortly after.

The first step of the puzzle is below, good luck and thanks to thelastlambda !

Lambda's Rules: If you are doing the puzzle just for fun, when it says to "click here if you are first," do not click that link if you already have CS:GO. Don't talk, comment, or post anything about the puzzle as it is not necessary and you are only spamming the site.
valvetime_logo_puzzle-png.23557
valvetime_text_puzzle-jpg.23560
Final update: 2nd image updated to be more clear. From what people have said, many people are only looking at the logo image. You should also look at the 'VALVETIME' image and note it's significance. Good luck!

SOLUTION:
  1. Write down the text that was hidden under the logo [HKDSDNDAOFN]
  2. Open the valvetime_text as a text document
  3. Acquire the link (isw.db/ZWQdMq)and the passcode "GO!"
    • You code decode the rest of the document for fun using binary, base64, hex, and ASCII translator, it was full of either in-jokes or hints on how to get to the next part of the puzzle
  4. Use a one-time pad using the text under the logo [HKDSDNDAOFN] as the pad and the jumbled link as the message [isw.db/ZWQdMq].
  5. It will reveal this bit.ly that will take you to this Quiz.
  6. The answers for the quiz are...
    1. Lina Inverse
    2. Zombie Movie
    3. Voodoo Banshee
    4. Ragdoll Kung Fu
    5. 478
  7. Once the quiz was finished, if you were first, you would be able to see a self-destructing note with specific instructions for the winner.
  8. If not, you were guided to a steamgifts giveaway where it told you how to be put in the drawing for the other copy.
The drawing was done using a random number generator.

Until next time, which I guarantee will be much, much harder! Muahahahaha... oh wait Glenn has put n probation for a very long time. I will be back... eventually.

thelastlambda
--Director of Valve Counter-Intelligence

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 16,283
  • valvetime_logo_PUZZLE.png
    valvetime_logo_PUZZLE.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 10,992
  • valvetime_text_PUZZLE.jpg
    valvetime_text_PUZZLE.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 10,686
Jesus, why can't I figure this out?

I don't quite understand what you are trying to let go.

I've found a code.... but I have no idea what to do with it! D:

OOkay, is it just me or there's only a logo of valvetime beneath the text and nothing else ?

Goddammit, I'm already out of ideas on the first step. Worked out everything I could think of on a Ruby interactive shell.

Yeah that quote isn't really relevant here.

Eff. The second image was updated?! Still looks like the same artifacty jpeg it was before. I don't know what I'm looking for and I feel stupid :C

MuToiD_MaN said:
Eff. The second image was updated?! Still looks like the same artifacty jpeg it was before. I don't know what I'm looking for and I feel stupid :C

Yeah, I've been trying all kinds of things, I got nothin...

I have found something but where am I supposed to post it? This makes no sense

You guys only just found the first CLUE. Seriously you guys.

Some of you seem to assume the puzzle ends right when it starts.

For those of you easily confused, the end of the puzzle will be obvious. It involves you sending something to a random email address to complete it. You have several steps you need to follow to get that information. That's all I'll say.

Yeah, I gave up. This is dumb. Hmph.

(READ: I'm dumb.)

Hmph.

For those of you easily confused, the end of the puzzle will be obvious. It involves you sending something to a random email address to complete it. You have several steps you need to follow to get that information. That's all I'll say.

Can you confirm that the first "instant" key has been achieved by someone?

I am so glad I already got a beta key, cuz I have no idea what to do here haha. good luck all!

Glenn, PM me how to do this. I already have the BETA. I don't care to tell anyone. I just really want to know how you're supposed to accomplish this.

I don't think I'm going to figure this out, but I'm not gonna give up either. Prepare for a bitter, bitter hissy-fit from me when it gets revealed.

Found this on some site:
GOOGLING WILL NOT SAVE YOU; IT DID NOT SAVE ME
CAVE JOHNSON IS THE GMAN FROM THE PAST
YOUR BODY CONTAINS A SPOOKY SKELETON
Wtf?

Glenn, PM me how to do this. I already have the BETA. I don't care to tell anyone. I just really want to know how you're supposed to accomplish this.
I'll post the solution once it closes, I've gotten it written down in a notepad file.

Figured it out. When's the next clue? Or is it the final one here ._.?

EDIT: Got the password for it. Who shall I send ._.?

Back