CS:GO Beta Updated, cs_office Added

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
The CS:GO closed beta is updated every Friday, and this week's update brings new content as well as a host of tweaks and bugfixes. The incredibly popular map cs_office has been added to the beta, and beta servers now feature a rotation of all the classic maps (Office, Italy, Dust, Dust2, Inferno, Nuke and Train). Four new weapons have been added: the sawed-off shotgun, the XM1014, the Negev and the Mag7.

vtofficecsgo.png

Valve's official CS:GO blog post associated with the update discusses the hot topic of player movement in CS:GO as compared to previous Counter-Strike titles, an issue that is very important to the competitive community:

Movement is a hard problem, there are many factors that come into play and both CS:1.6 and CS:S movement have very different feels.

The general feedback on CS:GO has been that the movement feels sluggish and constrained. In a private forum we run for pro-player feedback, pR. came in with some suggested values. We tried them and started a back and forth with him and J3Di. During this we nailed down what you have in today’s update. They were able to give details and suggestions on the general feedback.

Are these values final? Maybe? Maybe not? Maybe for now? We don’t know until more players try them and give us their feedback. This is how the process works and we appreciate all those players helping us get these right.

You can see the full changelog for the CS:GO beta patch on Steam here.

awesome news..did they say anything about keys ? :D

According to the CSGO dev twitter they are planning on releasing some more keys today (and friend passes to the most active CS:GO players as I understand it) but they have not been sent out quite yet.

My beta luck is always horrible - not a single Blizzard game, not a single Valve game etc...

So I'm not expecting too much from this beta either. :p

Getting more and more interested in this damn beta...I used to play a ton of CS a decade ago and would love to get back into it, much to the chagrin of my buddies who decided they're too GOOD for it ... friggin' hipsters

I'm getting more interested in it too. I'm liking how long Valve are keeping this in beta and how they're really listening to peoples feedback to improve the game and, hopefully, make it a great shooter.

I'm trying to play this more and more and I think I am starting to enjoy it again. It is hard coming from other shooters where you have sprinting, prone, iron sights and all the other features that we've got used to seeing.

I'd love to get into this beta. I guess I can't win them all :(

Back