CS:GO Update Introduces Stickers + Overpass & Cobblestone Maps

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
A rather large update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was released late last night, which introduced a new cosmetic item type known as Stickers. Stickers can be applied to any gun, and each gun can hold "multiple stickers", allowing players to add an additional layer of visual flare to their favourite firearms. Stickers are obtained from within new "Sticker Capsules" cases, which can be acquired as a random drop at the end of matches and require a Sticker Capsule Key to open.

Steam Workshop contributors are now able to create and upload their own sticker designs which may make it into the game as official weapon decals should they receive significant community support.

slide-jpg.24693

If you're not that interested in cosmetic items, you may be pleased to hear that the Overpass and Cobblestone maps are now available on all servers, as the Operation Bravo map pack has now concluded on February 5th 2014 as planned. Previously, only players with an Operation Bravo pass were allowed to access the maps on official Valve servers, something which is no longer necessary.

Additionally, several of the game's weapons have been rebalanced, including improved accuracy for the Desert Eagle, improved rate of fire and scope control for the SG553 and AUG rifles, and a general increase to the movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 50%, causing these weapons to be far less effective should you attempt to strafe and shoot. A new grenade mechanic has also been implemented for the first time, allowing players to use the new secondary fire ability to underhand-toss a grenade a shorter distance in front of them, similarly to the grenades from Half-Life 2.

grenadethrow-jpg.24694

Finally, the game's radar and map system has been changed to feature helpful coloured-coded player icons, and five of the most popular Counter-Strike: Global Offensive maps (including Dust 2, Assault, and Inferno) were updated with various bug fixes and improvements. If you're interested in finding out more, be sure to check out the update changelog and the official announcement post over on the CS:GO blog.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 23,153
  • GrenadeThrow.JPG
    GrenadeThrow.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 8,059
Just when i thought csgo can't get any worse, It doesn't even look good. I wonder what the next big update will be hats?

All the weapon balances sound great..except for the machine guns, ....there already pretty useless to the poor accuracy ...even while crouching. That's something they need to address. Lots of modern FPS games tend to make LMG's inaccurate for balancing reasons when they're as accurate as assault rifles. I think it would be a lot better if you had at least 1 second of ak47-like accuracy when crouch. Currently its like a quarter second of that, if not less.

Literally the only way to accurately use them is to let go of the trigger, the very second you touch it, just a click, ...a click at a time, and at that point why not just use a assault rifle for half the cost.

...because the RoF, ammunition capacity and stopping power at close range is much better. Though, I do agree that MGs didn't exactly need a nerf.

Well yeah, they can be effective at close range, but a shotguns are amazing at close range and close to 1/6 the cost. And since shotguns are so inexpensive, you're not going to get upset if someone happens to kill you and you lose your gun. And also if we look at it realistically, LMG are more meant for medium to long range combat.
...I just feel like in an attempt to balance the guns stats, they made them ineffective, when they could have just stuck with them being very effective, but have a hefty price tag to balance them.

Yes, but here's a question; in your opinion does the LMG's lack of downtime worth $6000 dollars to you?

(Digression: wouldn't it be kind of cool like if say you live in britain, that the gun prices would change and the money sign in pounds, or Euros for europe [but the prices would still be the equivalent to dollar})

Yes, but here's a question; in your opinion does the LMG's lack of downtime worth $6000 dollars to you?

Sometimes I do find them useful, especially when budget rounds are no longer necessary.

As for your other talking point I actually do think that's a neat idea (if not somewhat confusing)...

The more, er, realistic option would be to have prices in the native currency of the special forces/military cell you're playing as so: Euro, Pound, Dollar, Ruble, Shekel as well as a number of Balkan and Middle Eastern currencies. In no particular order.

Which reminds me, I'd like to see East Asian nations represented in both CT/T teams and settings as ongoing development of CS:GO continues.

Back