CS:S I Stink!

F

flangongle

Okay, I am a HL1 fan so I preordered the whole steam thing. I never played MP HL before, so I fired up CS:S. It's really great, but after playing for a couple hours I keep get shot right away. Is that normal? Is there a training program or manual?

thanks

its just really difficult when you start out, especially if you are playing on an experienced server.
play more, you will get better.
there is a manual somewhere, for regular CS, but not sure about CS:S.
its normal to get shot "right away" if you have slow reflexes. dont take forever to try to line up the perfect shot, spam works quite well when you are new. always follow you teammates, a bit behind them when you are new too

This is the HALF LIFE 2 forum. Not the Counter Strike Source forum.

jesus christ.

Counter-Strike is one of the most competitive online games in the world. It takes practice and time. You'll get the hang of it eventually. Keep playing.

Yeah umm first...wrong forum... second yes it's normal. When I first played CS (in the mid-betas) I was constantly getting "pwned" by others... trust me after a couple of days of playing you will get better.

EDIT: Holy crap people type fast.

ya im like alright at cs but when like sometimes u just have to like chill out and ya

wow guys chill out he just wants a question answered

jebus...CHILAX

hehee, think CS:S is tough? Try the original CS. But yeah, thats normal. CS is prolly the most un-newbie friendly game ever.

Winston loves Big Brother in the end.

DarkStar said:
Chill Winston!
Yes.. Must,.. resist,.. urge,.. to beat,.. newbie,. with my crowbar,..

ACK,. I cant take it!!

*bink! bink! bink!*

-- sorry. I wasn't just reacting to this thread. There were a few misplaced threads, including one guy posting for some trout war type game.

Newb: CSS takes practice. Heres what you do,. Stay behind someone who looks like they know what their doing,. someone whos being cautious.. and try to peck guys over his sholder. That should keep you in a relativly safe.

But of course,. odds are in that game that you die for every man you kill,. and thats only after you've gotten some practice.

MrMan16 said:
hehee, think CS:S is tough? Try the original CS. But yeah, thats normal. CS is prolly the most un-newbie friendly game ever.

Ever since 1.0 they have tried to make it as newb friendly as possible... or it might be that we played the game so long that the newbs r pwning us. :(

cs is like really fun to mess with people tho like blocking doors and tking and like exploiting bugs

great fun

hero said:
cs is like really fun to mess with people tho like blocking doors and tking and like exploiting bugs

great fun

You're the reason I don't play in pubs.

I BLOW at CS... I mean HARDCORE.

I expect that is because well.. I never play it.
with more practice you (and I) will get better.

yeah I get power-owned in freaking cs... I mean hardcore.
it still rocks though, especially if you have some guys willing to work as a team.

You've never really expereince the true teamplay of CS untill you do a Real Scrim, Where you and 4 buddys are vs 5 other ppl, And its set ammount of rounds, And you know what you are doing. :)

Fluke, do anything unique this week?

No offense. Just had to do it :p

MrMan16 said:

naw i think ut2003/04 is much harder for new ppl

cs isnt that hard u just have to get used to the recoil of the guns
try shooting at walls with the guns spraying bursting etc and while moving and standing still.

because if u just aim directly at somebody and spray with an ak
most of ur shots will just go over them

UT is really hard when you first start out. Go into any PIG server, and you'll constantly be dying. Once you actually learn how to move, you can last a little longer...

Play cz to get a feel for the game if you have it.

I was in the same boat as you man. I haven't played CS in years, and when I got CS:S, I was getting my butt handed to me over, and over, and over.

First, I thought it was due to some guys that were really good, staying on a lowly populated server, killing n00bs all day. I was right in some cases.

Then I began to realize that I probably just needed some practice. That's when I loaded up Condition Zero....

I played CZ all the way through on easy difficulty, and you wouldn't believe how much it's helped out my CS:S game!! :)

Last night, I was actually doing very well, considering that I usually die in every fire-fight.

What CZ taught me: the basics of the game, the layout of alot of maps (not perfectly, but gives you some experience with them), which weapons I liked, and were most skilled with. Which weapons were better in certain situations, and how to shoot basically.

It helped me alot. I still die however, but my confidence is a little higher, and it helps quite a bit. I fully recommend playing CZ for a bit.

Milo 7 said:
naw i think ut2003/04 is much harder for new ppl

cs isnt that hard u just have to get used to the recoil of the guns
try shooting at walls with the guns spraying bursting etc and while moving and standing still.

because if u just aim directly at somebody and spray with an ak
most of ur shots will just go over them
I challenge any newbie to drop into [fate]'s match server and hit one of the elite :p

flangongle said:
Okay, I am a HL1 fan so I preordered the whole steam thing. I never played MP HL before, so I fired up CS:S. It's really great, but after playing for a couple hours I keep get shot right away. Is that normal? Is there a training program or manual?

thanks

just follow others and hold the trigger. :D

Back