CS:Source BETA open to ATi Half-Life 2 voucher holders

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg Coomer, product designer at Valve, has just confirmed on our forums that all ATi voucher holders will also be included in the upcoming Counter-Strike: Source BETA. This will be good news for those of you that don't want to buy Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.
Hi. The current plan is to make the CS:S beta open to people who have an ATI coupon, probably at the same time that it's made available to those who own CZ.
You can read the post here, or read the rest of the thread here.

Does this also apply to users who have already turned in their key for the Premier Pack?

Six Three said:
Does this also apply to users who have already turned in their key for the Premier Pack?
I'm not sure to be honest :|

crap

AHHHHH CRAP! i have a hl2 coupon and but i just bought CZ like a week ago for the beta... ohhh well.....support valve lol :| :cheers: :farmer: :D

I find it amazing how they leave a good 10 days between mentioning that people with CZ will have the beta, and then people with the coupon for HL2 will also get the beta. I have both, and had a sneaking suspicion that they would do something like this... CZ's just been re-de-valued to the price of a peanut. Thanks for mentioning this so late Valve!

craigweb said:
I find it amazing how they leave a good 10 days between mentioning that people with CZ will have the beta, and then people with the coupon for HL2 will also get the beta. I have both, and had a sneaking suspicion that they would do something like this... CZ's just been re-de-valued to the price of a peanut. Thanks for mentioning this so late Valve!

Smart Marketing...'nuff said.

TheUnkillableDot said:
Good news for all you lazy bastards that don't wanna but CZ :p,and have vouchers.

Lazy has nothing to do with it... not everyone has $40 to spend on a beta..

Well this is just ****ing wonderful, isn't it? I just bought CZ mostly to get in on the CS:S beta, and now they tell me all I needed was the ATI voucher I have. Oh, did I mention this BRAND NEW copy of CZ has a duplicate key? Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad if I could actually play the game I spent $40 on.

ElFuhrer said:
Well this is just ****ing wonderful, isn't it? I just bought CZ mostly to get in on the CS:S beta, and now they tell me all I needed was the ATI voucher I have. Oh, did I mention this BRAND NEW copy of CZ has a duplicate key? Yeah, it wouldn't be so bad if I could actually play the game I spent $40 on.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=32-128-115&depa=0

Sorry but you got ripped off :eek: I'd take it back and get a refund.

TheUnkillableDot said:
$40 !! Thats insane...I paid 15 bucks

Well then not everyone is trusting enough to buy a key off of Ebay :p

I got a retail copy of CZ for $18 off eBay a month after it was released (HL2 media disc and all :p)

Oh yeah? Well I get to play the beta for $0! that's right! ZERO!

Well, do YOU have resized Binks on a spiffy HL2esque CD? No? Didn't think so!

So how will ATi coupon people get their hands on the beta? Will they be e-mailed? Will you have to enter your activation code into Steam? Or what?

Watch the HL2 Media on multiple monitors, it looks cool :p....(15" LCD and 17" Flatscreen monitor, it's good stuff :p)

Although i have CZ, this would suck for me if I didn't. Because I bought a 9600xt and sent in my voucher so they would ship me an actual box retail version of HL2. I'm assuming this is only open to the people with vouchers who have used their voucher to claim a steam key for hl2.

For some reason I don't see Valve shipping me a CS:S beta on cd. :p

Sweet! I have a copy of CZ registered to one of my steam accounts and my HL2 Voucher to the other Steam account, that means I should get two accounts in the beta.

yay! I have an ati coupon ...but I've never played CS. Oh well time to learn

CptStern said:
yay! I have an ati coupon ...but I've never played CS. Oh well time to learn

wait a sec and i'll try and find a thread where someone was offering paid tuition on CS for newbies :LOL:

heh no thanks, I'm quite the fps player ...how hard can it be? from what you all say CS is full of newbs so I'll fit right in :)

Murray_H said:
wait a sec and i'll try and find a thread where someone was offering paid tuition on CS for newbies :LOL:

oh oh... where.. show meeeeeee... meh :eek: :eek:

hey this is great! my post made a differance! now we're certain to get to beta test cs:s =)

This should have been the case from the start. lessen the damage of your ATI card fiasco and not try to sell more copies of a mediocre game no one wants anyway (cs:cz).

BAd decision in the long run, no it wasnt "good businesss"

I feel ripped off. I've got a club3d powered by ATI radeon 9800 pro, no voucher no nothing. I think I just might cry now. Or find a cz key on ebay for cheap.

CptStern said:
heh no thanks, I'm quite the fps player ...how hard can it be? from what you all say CS is full of newbs so I'll fit right in :)
Thats what I thought too, but then when I actually tried it I realized its alot different from your standard DM games. Be an observer in a couple of games first to get an idea of a few of the tactics and such and you should have an alright time learning (nobody insulting you and calling you "n00b").

The Mullinator said:
Thats what I thought too, but then when I actually tried it I realized its alot different from your standard DM games. Be an observer in a couple of games first to get an idea of a few of the tactics and such and you should have an alright time learning (nobody insulting you and calling you "n00b").

tactics on a public server ? hehe thats a new one.. public cs bores me but i guess it will be cool on source

Timmy said:
So how will ATi coupon people get their hands on the beta? Will they be e-mailed? Will you have to enter your activation code into Steam? Or what?

1) scratch off the silver stuff on your ATI/HL2 coupon to reveal the CD-key.
2) create a new steam account using that key.
3) login to this new account (this will change youre Steam ID, and you will lose all of your Friends (figuratively, and perhaps realistically I guess..)).
4) watch as CS:S preloads the first week of August.

What if we already have HL, and a voucher, and we want in on the CS:S beta?

CaLe said:
tactics on a public server ? hehe thats a new one.. public cs bores me but i guess it will be cool on source
heh, I didn't really mean tactics. More like observing the unique play style (at least it was truly unique) that makes CS what it is.

Back