CS:Source BETA Release Date

Obraxis said:
Well excuuuuuuuuuse me ;)

lol, wasn't trying to sound negative..

/me will remember to use a smiley face next time :)

Shuzer said:
lol, wasn't trying to sound negative..

/me will remember to use a smiley face next time :)
You were being negative to another forum member!

Eight day ban!!!!!!!! :O

;)

Chris_D said:
You were being negative to another forum member!

Eight day ban!!!!!!!! :O

;)

*Munro attempts to trick Chris into thinking I'm Munro with his avatar

Like, Mr. Deeming d00d, PLZ NO TRI 2 BAN SIET DIRECTAR!!

Shuzer said:
*Munro attempts to trick Chris into thinking I'm Munro with his avatar

Like, Mr. Deeming d00d, PLZ NO TRI 2 BAN SIET DIRECTAR!!
It fooled me for about two seconds :p

I wondering, I come back from uhm a little vacation on august 10th so no time to pre-load. (for those wondering, I got a copy of cz of ebay real cheap). I could still get the game right?

LAYP said:
I wondering, I come back from uhm a little vacation on august 10th so no time to pre-load. (for those wondering, I got a copy of cz of ebay real cheap). I could still get the game right?

Yes. You don't have to preload to be eligible. It's just to take the strain off servers

thanks for clearing that up, so I guess right after coming home I've got to run to my gamestore get doom III and then turn the computer on and be faced with the biggest dillema in history, play doom III or cs BETA.

LAYP said:
thanks for clearing that up, so I guess right after coming home I've got to run to my gamestore get doom III and then turn the computer on and be faced with the biggest dillema in history, play doom III or cs BETA.

simple solution: play doom 3 singleplayer whilst downloading cs:source beta. :)

edit: If you have a super fast connection and you reckon CS:S will be downloaded in the time it takes you to run to the shops, meh... that depends on whether you feel in the mood for singleplayer or multiplayer.
:p

I imagine that my doomness would run slower if I am downloading a full other game. But I probably would play doom first, because well its doom and this is a beta, but I want to see source in action. Hell this is better than that demo I've been begging for.

It would be nice if we could get some additional VALVe confirmation here at halflife2.net, it looks like the CS:S Beta release date is pushed back.

From the STEAM forums

Mike Dunkle
Valve

Schedule release is August 13th.

If it turns out there is a couple key features the cafes really need in the first release we may delay a day or two.

Mike

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-30-2004 01:42 PM

Mike Dunkle
Valve

OK...I will put in place a plan to send out a cafe message at least every other week.

CS:Source cafe beta plans are moving forward. As predicted above it will not happen this weekend. Our plan for cafes is 1) pre-load CS:Source a few days before the cafe release date and 2) give the cafes one full exclusive weekend + a few days. We will announce the release date for cafes when we are 100% confident it will happen. We are factoring in that cafes need 2-4 days planning for weekend parties.

Mike

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-30-2004 02:09 PM

Back