CS: Source Cafe BETA begins preloading

Xcellere

Reaction score
Source.

Jess Cliffe announced today on the Steam forums that the CS: Source BETA began pre-loading today for cyber cafes part of the Valve Cyber Café Program. The first phase of this BETA will be playable at these cafes on Wednesday, the 11th.

Those of us with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero or ATI vouchers will get access to the Counter-Strike: Source BETA later this month. Here's the full post from cliffe:

Pre-loading of the Counter-Strike: Source beta to cyber cafés begins today. On Wednesday, this first phase of the beta will open and the game will be playable at all cyber cafes that subscribe to the Valve Cyber Café Program. Later this month, the beta will be extended to owners of Counter-Strike™: Condition Zero™ and ATI Fulfillment Coupon holders.

This beta serves as a compatibility test of the Source engine as we near the completion of development on Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source. During this limited-time beta, issues can be reported using the in-game bug-reporting tool. In addition any crashes will automatically generate a report back to Valve's bug database. We thank everyone for their participation, and we hope Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source live up to your expectations.

HAHA just switched on my comp, booted up mozilla- straight to my home page csnation and TOOT TOOOT! just missed droping the news myself:( BUT yeah fantastic stuff
:cheers:

awesome :) !!!

HL2 is just round the corner then :)

omg so happy, there is a cyber cafe that is subscribed to get the beta like 10 minutes away wewt.

well im going to be looking forward to the vids/pics on wednesday

theres only 1 place in georgia, and i dont even know where the damn place is :/

I really hate the cyber-cafe in my local mall, the guy that runs it absolutaly REFUSES to install Steam.

Wasabi said:
well im going to be looking forward to the vids/pics on wednesday

theres only 1 place in georgia, and i dont even know where the damn place is :/

hey! im in GA also :D atlanta

There are 2 cafes in WI that have it... both in Appleton and I don't wanna drive 2 hours just to play a damn video game :\ I'll wait for my own preload :)

Woot, A cyber-cafe very close to me is getting CS:Source - so I guess i'll be playing it there soon :p

When they actually play it ill be happy..U never know if the preloading will actually work or they will delay the release

Hmm, The nearest one is 50 minutes away in Newcastle for me. I doubt I'll bother trying to walk around Newcastle trying to find a Cybercafe.

Cybercafes have been promised at least a weekend of playing before we get it. So we can expect to maybe have it preload on Friday and unlocked on Wednesday.

Nearest one to me is in Bath, Feath. Don't think I'll be driving up there as it's bound to be jam packed. I might start a new CC here in Cardiff though :p Have to see what kind of backing I can get.

theres no STEAM subscribed cybercaffe here at my country
life is cruel

Wait a minute, Is their none in Scotland? I can't seem to find any. I would've expected at least one in Edinburgh.

ValveBULGE said:
I think we wont see HL2 this SUMMER!

Yep. This summer still has over a month before it's over. Quite likely that Half-Life 2 will be out by then.

After reading this a realising that HL2 really is coming soon, i believe i have "filled my kegs" once again.

-JeZ- said:
Nearest one to me is in Bath, Feath. Don't think I'll be driving up there as it's bound to be jam packed. I might start a new CC here in Cardiff though :p Have to see what kind of backing I can get.

One in Newport dude :)

http://www.equestiow.tk/

It would take me over 2 hours to get to the closest Cyber Cafe that has Steam Cyber Cafe stuff...

Raleigh is too far, pineville and matthews are...so..

Cool Maxey, I guess they are taken from a CyberCafe then?

I'm goin to take a trip to the one near me to get some membership :)

Back