Custom Map Release - cp_drill_b2

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Long time since I made a thread on here, never mind...

Ok, so tonight I just finished my first ever map and I'm pretty pleased with how its turned out. Called cp_drill, this small - single control point map focuses on both teams struggling for control over a giant mining laser in the darkness of night. Don't be turned away by the fact I just said "single control point map", this beta test is purely for testing of this central area. I am currently planning and designing final control point zones for both teams which I will later make and add on to extend this current map near the existing spawn points. Basically - when the map is finished it will have a similar play style to a 5 CP map such as Well or Badlands, only with 3 Control points.

------------
Here are some screenshots of the finished beta.

73cpdrillb20000.jpg

A small overview of the laser placed above the control point.

70cpdrillb20001.jpg

A side view of the cp showing the structure of buildings and props around the battlefield.

72cpdrillb20002.jpg

Screenshot showing the side of RED's bomb factory in this level which is accessible through several doors.

53cpdrillb20003.jpg

Screenshot from the control point showing the alternate exit method from the BLU spawn.

37cpdrillb20004.jpg

Screenshot showing the main exit route of the spawn areas and up to the control point. (This mine will eventually be extended to lead to the actual bases and the teams' final control points)

99cpdrillb20005.jpg

A small view of the insides of the spawn rooms.

82cpdrillb20006.jpg

An overview of the map showing the outline of the battlefield etc

19cpdrillb20007.jpg

A screenshot showing some of the area inside the factory, with the largest door leading inside with access for scouts, demomen and soldiers - as well as good jumpers with a quick eye. Normal entrance is located around the side up some stairs.

------------
And here is the download link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahhg638/n/cp_drill_b2_bsp
The server also has a fast download speed so you can get it from there - Should this link expire.

Please don't upload this map on any server/hosting site before asked for permission from me, an official beta test will take place at some point tomorrow - I will post the time here when I know. Server will be around about 18-24 players so please join and have fun :)

EDIT: Remember to tell me about bugs you find in the map. Thanks.
And thanks to Broodrooster for advice etc :)
And sorry about the problems with the images, they don't like me and don't want to show their faces. If there is problems with them - tell me and I'll try and fix.

I know, I'm working on a fix at the moment. Please hold...

*calming elevator music*

*Music ends*
Thank you for holding - The screenshots are now repaired. Have a pleasant day...

EDIT: And oops I forgot to displace most of the ground before compiling like I was suppost to :(
I'll do it for the next beta release.

Looking really good nicky, very attractive.

The map looks ok too.

Back