Dark Souls Official Announcement trailer (Demon's Souls 2)

jimbo118

Reaction score
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/dark-souls-gets-official-announcement

no utoob link yet.

MY BODY IS READY!

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

That better not have been a quicktime event I saw at the halfway mark.

VERY few trailers make me want to strip down and suck and **** the computer screen but this is one of them. Words cannot describe what I am feeling inside. My only concern is that it won't seem quite so impressive since the first one was so remarkably innovative. Still, this compared to 90% of games out there is still pure gold. Seriously can't wait.

i hope they made it easier to play with my friends, and put less emphasis on grinding for crafting materials this time. that kinda took the air out of the NG+ runs for me.

and put in really big ****ing dinosaurs.

Trailer looks awesome as shit. So glad I won't be missing out on this for lack of a P-S-triple-nogames.

I just wish is would be harder than Demons Souls. Kind of disappointed in the difficulty of Demons Souls, I thought it would be harder. Give us a mode in which death is permanent, if you die GG start the whole game from start.

Edit: At the end of the trailer there's the Xbox 360 logo, f yea.

I was waiting for this, the Project Dark website had said Early 2011 for yonks.

ok i'm getting on to demon's souls after dead space 2 and brotherhood. That game has been in my backlog for too long!!

According to the Destructoid preview, it will be much harder than the first one. :) One of my favorite quotes from the producer: "[Our] goal is to kill and defeat all players who think there is a safe zone in Dark Souls." Other good ones include: ""We want the player to die. One of [my] favorite things to do is to create situations where the player will sort of have no chance" and "We're hoping thousands, tens of thousands, millions of deaths upon the player." Suffice it to say, I CANNOT WAIT for this game.

I hope they don't go overboard with the "SURPRISE, YOU'RE DEAD" stuff. There's hard, then there's just "WAIT WTF"

ehknr.png

Really need to finish the first.

Wonder who the guy in armour is at the end of the trailer. His armour is so badass.

Really need to finish the first.

Wonder who the guy in armour is at the end of the trailer. His armour is so badass.

Dude, everything about this game is so bad-ass: the new environments, the new armor, the new enemies, the new music--EVERYTHING. I am really curious to see how the online portion works now though. I hope they still won't let you communicate much with friends. That sort of mystery of not knowing who you are adventuring with and whether or not they might let you go out like a bitch was what raised the intensity of so many epic playthroughs. Seriously, going through certain levels (like 3-1 in particular) with the constant fear of a black phantom invading and the cat-and-mouse that could ensue has got to be one of the most adrenalized high-points of my gaming career EVER.

well, on the other hand, playing through coop with my friends (painstakingly organized) has been one of the best experiences in coop history. each of us knew we were on edge, each of us ready to berate another for ****ing up and dying. it was an exercise in karma. "HAHA YOU LET THE DRAGON KILL YOU DERPDERP......... OH ****!!!!!"

i mean, one can argue that it "ruins the experience and purpose" or whatever, but that shit was ****ing fun and that's all that matters. so that's why i hope they made it a little easier to party up or something.

I really hope they fix PvP and the unbelievable knockback mechanics of the first game. Having to put yourself against the slaughter of 2 other blue phantoms as well as the host is just a waste of time. Oh and the god forsaken squid monsters of the Tower of Latria, HITTING YOUR OPEN TORSO WHEN YOU'RE CASTING A SPELL MEANS YOU STOP. ****.

edit: and the ****ING camera in 5-1/2 being obscured by every ****ING room's roof.

Oh God. Let's show the character walking across a plank while the player - who apparently has never held a controller before - has an epileptic seizure. Jesus Christ, just press UP, dude.

Fable Dark

for mature "gamers"

"It's time you learned what a breast looks like."(R)

Further supporting my supposition that console games are overhyped shit and if they were worthy of interest, they would show themselves on the PC.

Virus doesn't have to make sense because he is not a gay console owner that is dumb.

After all the great praise I've heard about it, I click on the trailer expecting to be jealous. Turns out, it was so underwhelming... well, I became frustrated by your collective Jesus-surfing-a-rainbow level of hype.

It looked pretty damn impressive to me. I can't say I've seen anything like it that looked that good, on PC or otherwise. Calling it "dark fable" just doesn't really make any sense at all. Plus, I think virtually every one in here has played Demons Souls, which probably gives them an entirely different sense of what these environments and actions mean.

After all the great praise I've heard about it, I click on the trailer expecting to be jealous. Turns out, it was so underwhelming... well, I became frustrated by your collective Jesus-surfing-a-rainbow level of hype.

I find this to be a problem with trailers in general. Proper gameplay footage is more interesting than some scenes cut and pasted together. I like Demon Souls and will probably like this title as well because they punish the average derp of a console gamer. It's quite entertaining to watch some people fail at are really quite simple concepts. The only times I've died in DS have been due my lack of attention when performing some silly task like falling down planks. The game is not a platformer ffs.

I ****ING WANT
I ****ING WANT
I ****ING WANT
I ****ING WANT
I ****ING WANT
I ****ING WANT

**** you guys and your "don't believe da hype" bullshit. I've got some Peter Molyneux levels of excitement going right now and cannot ****ing wait for this.

I've not tried Demon's Souls because it just seems so incredibly god-damned annoying, especially when I read the forums for it and all these people talk about grinding "bladestones" and shit, and according to the guides you have to grind these stones if you want to be able to do okay in the game as a melee-focused character.

You people who liked it, did you have to make use of guides or tips from other players to beat the game?

P.S. Sheepo, I'm sorry.

Plus, I think virtually every one in here has played Demons Souls, which probably gives them an entirely different sense of what these environments and actions mean.

yea i'm sorry too

Sorry for building the game up so much. That guy walking slightly awkwardly on a plank must have really burst your bubble. :(

Sorry for building the game up so much. That guy walking slightly awkwardly on a plank must have really burst your bubble. :(
It looks just like the first one. Standard control is difficult - it's like walking around wearing diving flippers and your pants around your ankles.

If it was a PC game, it would have tight, precise control and it wouldn't be catering to teenagers. I hate the Japanese designs when they try to be serious. Devil May Cry flying through the air doing flips and what the ****. Every game must have huge enemies where you jump on their back and stab them with the "action button".

it's like walking around wearing diving flippers and your pants around your ankles.

You walk around with a full set of metal body armour and get back to me. Walking animations aren't exactly high on my list of things to care about.

If it was a PC game, it would have tight, precise control and it wouldn't be catering to teenagers.

The controls are apparently a bit off but are being tweaked for Dark Souls. I can't complain you get the hang of it very quickly.

I hate the Japanese designs when they try to be serious. Devil May Cry flying through the air doing flips and what the ****. Every game must have huge enemies where you jump on their back and stab them with the "action button".

Assuming you can get near the giant monsters stabbing it in the face/insert weak spot seems like a good idea.

He's proposing it controls that way on purpose. And what does "there we go" mean? "Oh, there's a reasonable explanation for the problem I had earlier. Good to hear it's just a minor bump in the development road"?

There we go, as in finally someone who can admit it controls like shit.

He's proposing it controls that way on purpose.
It controls badly on purpose ? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

You people who liked it, did you have to make use of guides or tips from other players to beat the game?

Nope, Tips and guides are generally for the people who want to make the best character so that they can have the advantage in PvP. Grinding stats for PvE seems rather stupid.

There we go, as in finally someone who can admit it controls like shit.

I've never experienced it controlling like shit, but the controls themselves are. Putting L3 as locking on is the worst button placement, and the lock on system itself is inferior.

As of now. It's just a problem they've had making the game, it's not as if its indicative of the console controller's great inferiority to the keyboard/mouse :upstare: I especially like the "action button" bit. Buttons? That correspond to actions? PC users are so above that sort of childish thing.

Edit: It controls sluggishly to give you the feeling that you really are controlling a heavily armored knight? Seems self explanatory.

Back