Dave's HL2 Sketches

Those drawings are amazing. You could be one of those natural-science illustrators.

chargersmall2ca6.jpg

I'd pay money dollars for a cleaned up print of this.

Man those pictures are excellent!!
Looks like you got supernatural drawing talent.

I'd pay money dollars for a cleaned up print of this.

Want me to PM you the full-size scan? I can try and sort out the lack of contrast and the discolouration, and clear away any blemishes.

Might as well post it in the thread.

I did my best to remove the graining and discolouration. There's still not a lot of contrast though. Full resoultion is 4818 x 2232.

Click for huge

Cheers! I did a bit of fussing in photoshop and it's now my wallpaper. I might take it to Kinkos or whatever and blow it up and pin it on my wall.

if that's OK with you.

Congratulations on the amazing art work. Truly inspiring. Keep it up, you have a lot of talent, and you can only improve from here. :)

Snow Hunter <3

White armour and bright orange eyes, what do you think?

THis is another one of those Episode Three ideas I had, I'm trying to draw a good picture of Alyx with a nice fluffy coat on but it's not working well.

this is possibly the best thread in any forum anywhere. I think you should design for valve. I truly think you are worthy of becoming a professional modeller. the problem is your from the UK (like me lol) and valve are in USA.

you could use garry's mod to make scenes that you can then draw

keep them coming and possibly start selling them online - http://www.fotolia.com/Info/HowToSell etc

Thats awsome, honestly. Wish I was a good drawer!

Thanks for the comments everyone, and as much as I'd like to work for Valve I haven't got a hope. D: Firstly because I live the other side of the world from them, secondly because it's looking more and more like I'll not get any qualifications in art, and thirdly because I'm really not good enough anyway. I mean, look at how awesome Dhabih Eng is.

This thread will still be here though.

Thanks for the comments everyone, and as much as I'd like to work for Valve I haven't got a hope. D: Firstly because I live the other side of the world from them, secondly because it's looking more and more like I'll not get any qualifications in art, and thirdly because I'm really not good enough anyway. I mean, look at how awesome Dhabih Eng is.

This thread will still be here though.

i completely understand. However art is a good relaxing hobby:cheese:

one thing i've been meaning to ask, how did you use photoshop to colour in that hunter?

one thing i've been meaning to ask, how did you use photoshop to colour in that hunter?

Plain old brush tool, making use of the pen pressure settings for my Wacom Intuos3 tablet.

if i send a picture of my tallywhacker, will you draw it?

i have a freckle on the tip that i think would look great on paper

nice drawings btw

seriously though, penis drawing?

On the off chance that this praise might get to your head and your work stops dropping in quality and your modesty implodes, I'm going to balance out this thread.

Is that supposed to be a hunter? It looks like a shit. It literally looks you like took a ****ing shit and smeared carelessly across my monitor. You have a long ****ing way to go before you can call this anything but ****.

On the off chance that this praise might get to your head and your work stops dropping in quality and your modesty implodes, I'm going to balance out this thread.

Is that supposed to be a hunter? It looks like a shit. It literally looks you like took a ****ing shit and smeared carelessly across my monitor. You have a long ****ing way to go before you can call this anything but ****.

megalolz. seriously though keep 'em coming dave

Oh snap. Looks like I got told. I'll go back to my hole and ponder the fairness of my lack of talent and self-esteem.

Also I have coursework to do and that's slightly more important than what I do if I'm bored.

Inb4 OMG LEARN TO RECOGNISE SARCASM

And Tyguy: I only do drawings of my own penis. You can have one of those if you want.

Oh snap. Looks like I got told. I'll go back to my hole and ponder the fairness of my lack of talent and self-esteem.

Also I have coursework to do and that's slightly more important than what I do if I'm bored.

Inb4 OMG LEARN TO RECOGNISE SARCASM

And Tyguy: I only do drawings of my own penis. You can have one of those if you want.

i hope you are talking about the guy before me. in case you forgot is said 'megalolz' implying i gotthe sarcasm. when you mean the person two posts ago just do this:

^
^

as for the penis...........................................no thanks, i'm good with hl2 sketches

Chili, you're my new hero. I'm raising money for a graphic tablet as well, I just hate to work with the mouse, I feel constrained.

Great sketches, great digital images! By any means necessary... DO. NOT. STOP.

*Chili, run away altceva is stalking you*

Sniper Alyx is credit to team.

Click for huge

Moar Alyx again.

This one started out as an actual attempt at a detailed, coloured picture. But I'm terrible at lighting and also pretty lazy so took this approach instead. Besides, it's more fun to do sketches and I should really be doing my A-Level work instead.

As usual, comments & criticism appreciated.

Forget A-Level work. You end up thinking too much. Best to just pump out a bunch of ideas and redo the best ones into masterpieces.

Some of your best work here has been done quickly (i'm assuming)

They have a better action.

So I tried drawing Alyx's face again (this is like the 15th time or some shit) and this time I think it actually worked. I completely stole someone else's style though. Makani's drawings on DA inspired me so much that I tried copying one (far left in the picture). When that worked out I tried doing my own in the same style. I think it's a success but you can judge for yourselves.

This is just practice so that I might finally be able to draw all the scenarios I thought of in the last year.

Also I have a 5 hour long A-Level exam tomorrow FFFFFFFFFFF.

i dont really like the way you've drawn her facial features on that last one.

keep working on alyx's face, you're getting there

That looks terrible man. i don't mind the body or lines but the face reminds me more of something out of A Goofy Movie than Alyx. STUDY your subject before you draw, while you draw, and after you've drawn.

I'd suggest you refrain from learning/getting into stylizing before you have the basic knowledge of construction, proportion, anatomy etc.. You're only harming yourself.

This one started out as an actual attempt at a detailed, coloured picture. But I'm terrible at lighting and also pretty lazy so took this approach instead. Besides, it's more fun to do sketches and I should really be doing my A-Level work instead.

As usual, comments & criticism appreciated.

I like this one, I think you could've done much more of it and it'd be enjoyable to watch. Ideas are nice and everything, and sketches are good practice, but make sure you properly learn the process of sketch to finished work, and finalized linework, or you're going to be terribly lazy with lines and finishing work in general. I'm speaking from personal experience.

If you want to finish something, put the time you'd have put on another idea to perfect your current sketch. Explore the lines, the shapes, how they should look to look their best. There IS fun in that.

Think of the perfect hand coordination a calligraphist has to learn. Lazy works produces a lazy result..

Anyway, I think the biggest flaw is the dodgy depth and perspective, other than that the sketchy B&W style is fine.

Looks like this thread had a bit of time off. I've been real busy with college and exams and whatnot, but only 3 weeks left now.

Here's a little sketch I did today while incredibly bored. HB pencil and 0.4 marker pen. Took about half an hour and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Comments and criticism always appreciated. Just because I don't reply, that doesn't mean I haven't read it and taken it to heart. :)

ha cool, you don't see gunship fanart everyday

Very good gunship! I also just saw the Alyx sniper sketch, & it's phenomenal. Keep it up!

Woah, sir. These are some really nice drawings. Like, I would pay money for these. I especially like the Dodge Charger. Keep it up.

I was bored so I googled 'Half Life 2 forums'

Found this place, found this thread, saved all images and put them in my wallpaper folder. They are currently being cycled through. Made this account and started making this post. You are GOD.

Only have 1 problem, Alyx is AWESOME in all of your earlier pictures, but when you tried her face it kinda ****ed up :p I think you (and all of us) should stay behind Alyx :D

Also, you did a few sketches earlier but never made finished versions of them :(

EDIT: ACTUALLY, the alyx ones of page 6 ARE VERY GOOD, do moar liek that

edit2: If at all possible, can I get this one at 1920x1200?

whiteforestapproach88cz4.jpg

and could you finish this sketch?
alyxclimbsketch800uu0.jpg

would be awesome

Back