Dawn of War 2

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
Don't know if this is allowed but...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2809235&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

First details come from a Belgium magazine "pc gameplay #144".

-Two races revealed Orks and Space marines, more to come in future previews.
-Full co-op campaigns for both races, choose the missions you want to do to progress in campaign
-Squad limit cap of 6 squads, unclear if for singleplayer only or for both sp and mp.
-Upgradable gear for squad leaders similar to DC and SS.
-More animations
-Uses Essence engine (as in COH) with better havoc physics
-buildings can be garrisoned
-Proper scale, dreadnoughts are now bigger and can trample on orks.
-Contextual speech, for instance the Ork warlord will exclaim that the enemy leader has a thunder hammer etc.
-Destructable environments.
-lots of violence, parts of men can be ripped off, orks can be crushed etc.
-better AI similar to COH, squads will find immediate cover etc.
-Release date: early 2009

Cool. Looks like they're trying to make it more micro-heavy and cut down on army size, so almost a tactical squad RTS now rather than a proper army-building one. I can't wait to see DOW on the Essence engine though...

Ah, brilliant.

Now, let's see if they can properly do Tyranid swarms. Like zerg, but more so!

Woot! Sounds awesome. Can't wait.

also, wasn't there like, videos on youtube with demonstration videos of DOW2? or was i looking at something different?

Dear God YES!

I hope they bring all of the races they introduced to us in all of the expansions back for the sequel.

DoW + CoH = auto-win. This cannot fail.

I'm just hoping that LoS is actually taken into consideration, like it does in the TT version

In all the DoW games, missiles could fly through mountains to hit their targets?

Theres obviously going to be more than 2... its just that those were the only two they confirmed so far.

Yes. I should of said "even though there are only two confirmed so far, i want more" :p

I'm just hoping that LoS is actually taken into consideration, like it does in the TT version

In all the DoW games, missiles could fly through mountains to hit their targets?

That's only because it took an extraordinary amount of processing power to process line of sight and they took it out because most PCs couldn't handle it.

I hope there's still base-building. I hate how current RTS's are becoming lame action movies. Like World In Conflict - import troops, right click on bad people.

I wouldn't want it to get any more simple than DoW because at least in that you have enough squads to set up a decent defence of your control points.

I hope there's still base-building. I hate how current RTS's are becoming lame action movies. Like World In Conflict - import troops, right click on bad people.

I wouldn't want it to get any more simple than DoW because at least in that you have enough squads to set up a decent defence of your control points.

Tbh, I like that fact in WiC. Base building dones't seem right in the DoW universe. Will have to see what Relic do but I hope it gets reduced. I mean the space marines jsut call everything down from space. I dont think in the backstory they build anything.

At first i cringed at the smaller squad cap, but i think it could make it play better in the true to the original aspect.

The Essence engine isn't that bad. I can run CoH on medium on my laptop. Which doesn't have a video card (only dedicated video memory).

Is that video even real? I mean no logos that I saw and there wasn't much to see.

The title is being developed exclusively for the PC (a rarity these days) and is set for a Spring 2009 release.

<3 :D

Assault_jump.jpg

looks awesome!

It looks wonderful. Will it be like Squad Command only real-time?

Those screens look awesome, also that teaser was f*cking awesome.

I just want Tyranids for once. And yeah, keep all the current factions, although there arent much more they can add really...

Its not like they can make another Company Of Heroes and add more than Allies vs Nazi War Machine.

But that teaser video was just awesome I thought, typical DOW video thats just jaw dropping.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=maYor7PXYpo

***king YES

Nid's will be in, no doubt. They've held that particular big gun back for far too long to do anything else with DoW 2.

But yes, looks awesome. We await this with great interest.

I'm waiting for someone tocome up with a thread, on which looks prettier "DoW or SCII"

Well thats too easy anyway.

DoW blatantly...

The W40K knock off known as Starcraft has nothing on Dawn of War II.

edit: Also, needs more Imperial Guardsmen.

Needs more: Elysian drop troopers, Gaunts Ghosts Tanith steathler units, Death Korps of Krieg defence units, Cadian armoured companies...

Needs more variety, basically. The DoW games have been a bit meh to me because they simply haven't been able to capture the spirit of the tabletop games, at least to me, anyway.

Needs more: Elysian drop troopers, Gaunts Ghosts Tanith steathler units, Death Korps of Krieg defence units, Cadian armoured companies...

Needs more variety, basically. The DoW games have been a bit meh to me because they simply haven't been able to capture the spirit of the tabletop games, at least to me, anyway.

What it really needs is Catachans - that'd be wild.

Needs Warhound scout titans.

Another game I wont be able to play until I finally upgrade/buy a new computer. :imu:

Looks cool though.

What it really needs is Catachans - that'd be wild.

Can't believe I forget them to be honest. Space Marines vs Orks in cities was so f'kin boring in DoW, bring on the jungles for Ork hunting and trap laying.

Back