Shogun 2: Total War

Thats really shit :/ I dont remember that happening at all in empire. You could put units back on the recruitment bar and they would replenish in a turn. It that is the only way of doing it then its an awful design choice. It means I'm going to spend half the game just sitting and waiting for unit to become strong again.

It worked differently in Empire. In that you chose units you wanted to 'repair' and paid for it. It took one turn but a maximum number could be fixed up each turn. Shogun 2 has Naval repairs work in a similar manner. In Shogun 2 replenishment of land units is free but much more passive. It forces different tactics, as does the winter season whittling down unit numbers while in enemy territory. Extended offensive campaigns will result in mounting casualties which can't be fixed the instant you capture a city, as it should be.

It's a pretty good mechanic imo. If a unit is *really* badly injured you can rotate it into a city garrison for a while. It's also a bit more realistic.

It's certainly more realistic from a strategic aspect though.

Perhaps its realistic but its a pain in the balls having to sit and wait 7 turns with nothing to do. I'm right at the start of the game and have just taken my first province. Its not like there is much else I can do wile sitting wait for them to replenish.

Build infrastructure. Explore with ships and conduct diplomacy with the clans you meet.

Another question too. I'm setting up formations, so spires at the front, then archers behind. Some stuff covering the flanks etc Get them all lined up nicely but then when I move them with the right click its re-organizing the positions of all my units rather then keeping them how I organsed them in relation to my other units. It never used to do this and its bloody annoying having to reorganize them all the time. Is anyone else having this?

Same thing happened in Empire too iirc. Use the fwd bck arrows on the bottom left to keep everyone together.

God damn rebels almost ruined me. I just spent almost all my money on upgrading a castle and then a huge rebel army spawns and razes three of my most profitable areas which then caused my population to go unruly because the rebels also raided the farms for two provinces. I didn't have enough money to repair even one of the places, and I had to exempt two of my three provinces from taxes or they would have revolted, so I was going to be bankrupt in one turn. I had to disband like 5 units, leaving my one non-revolt prone province with no garrison other than that provided with the castle, and the general stationed there. Thankfully I managed to live through the next turn with the rebel army moving closer to my own main army, and I got a mission to "crush the rebels" with a reward of like, +50% repression. I managed to beat the army in a fairly equal match up, getting enough repression that I could start taxing the two provinces again, finally being able to repair the damage the rebels did.

I've never had a rebel army cause so much trouble in any Total War game I've played. That was awesome.

Rebels + Uesugi taking out Takeda and Hojo ****ed me up my first run, I had to restart. Been keeping a close watch on discontent and food levels, now. Upgrading a castle is always a costly endeavor.

Alright, this is starting to get obnoxious. My peasants keep getting so unruly that they spawn rebel armies as quickly as I manage taking the last ones out. This means that my armies are depleted badly and cant fight again until a few turns after the new rebel armies raze everything again. I'm so broke, my armies are slowly dwindling, all my shit is on fire making my peasants pisses so they spawn new rebels with armies larger than mine (with weapons I dont even have unlocked) that raze places as soon as I manage to repair them, thus pissing off the peasants more, thus spawning more rebels.

People are actually losing campaigns? That sounds incredible. I cannot wait until I get my hands on this.

I lost my first campaign in 3 turns, my second in 7 turns, and my third in 15 lol. This one I'm doing much better, but the god damn rebels are making me consider forfeiting and starting over again.

I've gone 2/0 so far online. Archers are my lovers. Be sure to join the Halflife2.net clan, to bring honor to our Daimyo Munro.

A5BF70E521DBFEA8A7058120A1618925B10C212E
How far I am in the campaign, I'm dark blue, light blue and light purple are my vassals, Uesugi(dark purple) used to be my vassal until they were taken over by Takeda then took themselves back over. Then they attacked my vassal. Annoying.

CE35BFA1A716CEDA0421F77DB07845A8F5238903
why so low res general asumu :<

Unless I was retarded (likely), Rebel scum were the ****ing bane of my existence in Rome Total War.

darth-vader.jpg

It was never quite clear why everyone was so unhappy in RTW. Happiness is much more manageable in Empire, Napoleon, and S2.

if you get rebels it's your own fault
in emergencies there's always the 'don't tax' button.

I've just started my main campaign of conquest in my game, with about 50 turns left on 'short'. Took a few provinces already but this is gonna be me going from 6 up to 25 and taking Kyoto too assuming all goes according to plan.

Ed: blitzkreiged two provinces in the first turn of war, destroyed 5 armies.

Damn, Hojo have gone completely mad in my campaign. :eek:

156fvgl.jpg

I was put off of the Total War series by Empire, but this has brought me right back into it like the days of Rome :D

Loving it so far, cant stop playing it.

Heh, defended a massively outnumbered siege using only the elite cavalry I had in the city. Good fun that :D

And yeah Hijo are kicking arse in my campaign too. Doubt I'll end up fighting them though, got my hands full with Tokugawa and their liege - after that, Kyoto.

look on Newegg and tigerdirect. I've seen the GTX 460 1GB cards at like $115 now. I'm kinda upset they went from $179 to $115 in less than 3 months but oh well

edit: this was a reply to Krynn's post about his limitations of HDR and AA not being able to be used at the same time

look on Newegg and tigerdirect. I've seen the GTX 460 1GB cards at like $115 now. I'm kinda upset they went from $179 to $115 in less than 3 months but oh well

edit: this was a reply to Krynn's post about his limitations of HDR and AA not being able to be used at the same time

My current card is better than a 460 right now, but its an ATI card, not sure if that has something to do with it. I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon though, especially since I dont miss the AA option at all since I'm running 1920x1200 so aliasing effects are minimal anyways. I'm not one of those people who judge graphical quality by the numbers in the settings. 4/8/16x AA means nothing to me when I dont see aliasing anyways. Practicality before vanity.

Well I had the damn coolest multiplayer battle I've ever had a few minutes ago. All about hiding units and deception. He decided to hide all his shit in this one forest, so I wasn't totally sure what he had as my units moved up.. I had a few units of cavalry going around the river and sitting there waiting for my orders to flank his commander. Meanwhile, I had 3 units of no-dachi samurai creeping down a section of forest which would put them directly beside the enemy;

Eventually after a few small skirmishes between our archers I had my full force attack his, and then he brought out all his samurai. My morale nearly broke, but my commander was there shooting off arrows so they managed to stay steady.

30 seconds later my no-dachi leaped out of the forest, and,

BANZAIIIIIIII

half his units broke, my cavalry swooped in(one getting caught up in a spear unit and getting wiped out) and took out his commander quickly, and then it was just a clean-up job.

sorry for doubleposting this is just important and needs to be bumped for this image

FB26C7BC167ED7FFA04C499462954D67A69D53B5

I think you've got a problem on your hands.

Yeah that siege could be a little tricky ;)

Looks like a good game, I remember playing Empire and being totally shite at it.

**** realm divide man
**** it

also got the soaring fame achievement, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be
despite Oda always dying turn 1 when the AI has control of them, they're in the absolute best position for a turn 20 takeover of kyoto

I am greatly enjoying reading this thread.

Love Total War stories. :D

dont like to see these screens cuz the demo dont look like that on my pc :L

also what part is that where it looks like you can change the armors? you can change how the units look or just the comander or whatever is called?

I'm not sure what you mean? Some of my army have improved armour and weapons because there is a black smith at my capital.

also what part is that where it looks like you can change the armors? you can change how the units look or just the comander or whatever is called?

Thats your multiplayer Avatar. You can only customize him, but you also get to chose your clan's heraldry (or whatever its called in Japan) which is really cool.

Anyone try Legendary difficulty yet? I heard it's like an enormous, painful dump getting stuck halfway out of your anus.

Not tried legendary yet :S

Are you able to build more types of buildings in your provinces. I have found a province with an iron works which is reducing the price of units built there but would also like to build a blacksmiths there to improve their armor/weapons. Can this be done?

**** realm divide man
**** it

also got the soaring fame achievement, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be
despite Oda always dying turn 1 when the AI has control of them, they're in the absolute best position for a turn 20 takeover of kyoto

Yeah, Realm Divide just buggered me too :D

So you shouldn't try climbing the walls of a city while its raining. I lost like 20 monk-soldiers from one unit just from them slipping and falling to their deaths.

So you shouldn't try climbing the walls of a city while its raining. I lost like 20 monk-soldiers from one unit just from them slipping and falling to their deaths.

Oh man, you should have filmed that, sounds hilarious!

They lost the faith, and by faith I mean faith in their foothold.

So I only now realized that they fall off even when its dry. I think its a lot fewer though. I had some archers climb the shortest wall section there was to deal with this one last guy who was hiding in the back of the fort, and still like 10 of them fell to their deaths, from a 15-foot high sloped wall.

Back