Shogun 2: Total War

Multiplayer matchmaking still needs work. I've lost about 3 games so far due to being horribly outnumbered, one of them a drop-in, another where only my general spawned, and another defending a siege where I had about 2k money's worth less units than the other army. Which admittedly could be a 'feature' but doesn't work well.

Just had a pretty funny naval battle. I was stuck in a battle I couldnt retreat from, with one Bow ship being attacked by force I'd met earlier out further away. It was fairly badly beaten up, but I was sure I was going to end up losing, so I just wanted to play it and try and set something of theirs on fire. They chose a battle start time when it was raining, so I was all like "fuuuuuck" but then noticed a couple tiny little islands on the map. So I went over and wedged myself in there to hopefully prevent myself from getting boarded. I ended up getting myself run up on the ground though, so I was stuck there the whole battle. It worked though, as one of his Bunes also got stuck, and his two firebomb ships who were low strength to begin with quickly surrendered after taking small amounts of casualties. Then his trade ships (which he captured from me) tried to come in to board but they blocked themselves when one surrendered and the other routed. Then it was just me firing missiles at his big bune that couldnt do shit because he was completely arsed out by all the other ships. I had made a wall surrounding me using his own surrendered ships lol. He managed to hook me with a boarding line, but couldnt pull the ship in close enough to actually board, and eventually my archers got him to route, ending the battle with a victory going to me!

The situation. The fast Bune on the left came first but got stuck where you see it now. My archers had a perfect line of sight, and they quickly forced a surrender. The top-most firebomb ship surrendered almost immediately, having only three guys on deck and all of them getting killed with one volley. The other one surrendered in two or three volleys, before he could get to me. The closes trade ship surrendered pretty fast too, having few guys to start with. The tradeship behind him was well stocked, but stuck behind the other two. The big Bune in the back left was the only thing that could hurt me, since he had archers left. Most of my shooting was directed at him.
2011-03-24_00003.jpg

2011-03-24_00002.jpg

Firing on the last trade ship. Besides the big Bune, this is the last active ship they have.
2011-03-24_00004.jpg

Bune coming around the bigger island looking for a way in.
2011-03-24_00005.jpg

He sniped me with a long range grappling hook. Was worried for a few minutes afterwards.
2011-03-24_00006.jpg

Trying to get in at me, but unable to due to the low seabed and his surrendered firebomb ship.
2011-03-24_00007.jpg

Bune hiding behind a tradeship, right before it routed.
2011-03-24_00008.jpg

To the victor - the spoils. Not a bad grab for one archer ship!
2011-03-24_00009.jpg

How in the hells did the battle end up the way it did?

see attached zipped replay

Attachments

• lolhow.zip
    211 bytes · Views: 132
How do I use this file?

EDIT: I got it to show up in the game, but it just says it failed to load the save game.

Put it in your replays folder. If you're using vista/W7 it's something like C:users/username/appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/shogun 2/replays
Then ingame watch replays.

Yeah, I got it to show up doing that, but it gives an error in game saying it cant load it.

Just bought the Limited Edition for 35 euro. Which is a steal if you ask me. It comes with an extra Ninja clan, a bonus historical battle, plus some stuff I won't bother about most likely (bonus xp and some extras for my avatar). My weekend is set. :)

Yeah, the limited edition was basically the normal release version. Pretty cool, though it seems like they should have just put those as the normal version instead of selling it for the same price and only giving it to certain stores :l.

Heads-up for those who have been holding out: Shogun 2 is on Steam sale, 33% off.

It was well worth full price!

except for ****ing realm divide

Back