Day 7: Sniper Unlock - Jarate

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]

On Day 7 of the joint Sniper / Spy update news, Valve has unveiled the Sniper's newest unlock, the Jarate.

Jarate is a thrown jar that splashes upon impact. When splashed on enemies, they take 35% more damage for a period of time. Jumping in water will wash off Jarate. Jarate is also able to short out Spies? cloaking devices. When used on teammates, Jarate will extinguish any fire effects.

Head over to the Sniper vs. Spy update page for more information, as well as a list of Sniper achievements (without descriptions yet) and a comic extolling the virtues of Jarate.

Bahaha, they finally made it an official unlock.

right..

nice to see achievements. some are tied to 'meet the spy' video.

Lol, wow.

When are the unlocks going to be available exactly?

I can't believe Valve are putting jars of piss into TF2, they made it a April Fools joke for a reason. If they really liked the gameplay of it they should have come up with a far less crass way of presenting it. Snake/spider venom or something would have been 100x better and had the same gameplay effect.

Snipers on 2Fort throwing their piss all over each other.

The flare gun is now officially MORE USELESS.

Whats up with the steam announcements on this?

Untitled-5.jpg

I can't believe Valve are putting jars of piss into TF2, they made it a April Fools joke for a reason. If they really liked the gameplay of it they should have come up with a far less crass way of presenting it. Snake/spider venom or something would have been 100x better and had the same gameplay effect.

You are lame.

This is hilariously awesome.

I just hope the jar off piss will keep people more interested in pursuing so I can get on the spy shit.

As much as I do feel throwing urine maybe a bit vulgar for TF2, it defiantly suits the character and I imagine it's going to be hilarious seeing it in use.
Seems like a very useful, yet comical unlock.

Goddamn lol'ing at all the people who were all ITS A APRIL FOOLS JOKE GOD U IDIOTS in the April Fools thread. :LOL:

I think it was here, anyway. Regardless, other forums were anyway, so lol at them either way.

As much as I do feel throwing urine maybe a bit vulgar for TF2, it defiantly suits the character and I imagine it's going to be hilarious seeing it in use.
Seems like a very useful, yet comical unlock.

TF2, comical? HOW DARE THEY

See this is what happens when you don't give devs good ideas. :/

Goddamn lol'ing at all the people who were all ITS A APRIL FOOLS JOKE GOD U IDIOTS in the April Fools thread. :LOL:

I think it was here, anyway. Regardless, other forums were anyway, so lol at them either way.

Well they told us it was:p Besides that was mostly directed to the bitching whiners who thought it was "too ridiculous for TF2".

Before they said it I believe a few folk were still quick off the mark to get all uppity about people who thought it was real.

way wat?

Lovely update btw.

I keep pronouncing it Jar-ate instead of jar-at-ee

way.

This is the greatest game ever. Covering your enemies in your own pee? WHERE'S YOUR CRITICISM NOW DARKSIDE????!!

This is everything a man dreams of.

I look forward to the future "Stool Sample" unlockable that the medic will get.

See this is what happens when you don't give devs good ideas. :/

They come up with great ones? Sounds like a plan to me. Everyone stop giving valve ideas! They do better without you!

I do not fall on the side of "this is vulgar and shocking", because, as you all know, there are far worse things on the internet than a jar of piss.

Neither do I fall on the side of "OMFG VALVEZ R SO FUNNAY!" either. I know TF2 is supposed to be comical and not serious and everything, but a jar of piss?
That's the "funniest" thing they could think of? That's just being dumb and NOT trying at all. I mean, that's what an elementary school kid would think is funny. Valve just took the easy way out and thought "LOL PISS".
It's not vulgar or shocking, just plain stupid.

Also, If they wanna go down that road, they better make the next unlocks along the lines of being able to rape your enemies, cumming on their dead bodies as a taunt or making the losing team watch 2girls1cup, so at least it's coherent.

This is the greatest game ever. Covering your enemies in your own pee? WHERE'S YOUR CRITICISM NOW DARKSIDE????!!

This is everything a man dreams of.

Yawn,

In POSTAL 2 (don't know about the first game, never tried it) you could piss in someone's face until they puked. You could also kill kids, light pregnant women on fire and dismember Muslims.
At least that game was actually about pissing on people or throwing shit at them.

EDIT: Sorry for the two posts in a row, I suck.

wtf.

I don't remember killing kids in Postal 2, or pregnant women.

I do not fall on the side of "this is vulgar and shocking", because, as you all know, there are far worse things on the internet than a jar of piss.

Neither do I fall on the side of "OMFG VALVEZ R SO FUNNAY!" either. I know TF2 is supposed to be comical and not serious and everything, but a jar of piss?
That's the "funniest" thing they could think of? That's just being dumb and NOT trying at all. I mean, that's what an elementary school kid would think is funny. Valve just took the easy way out and thought "LOL PISS".

Also, If they wanna go down that road, they better make the next unlocks along the lines of being able to rape your enemies, cumming on their dead bodies as a taunt or making the losing team watch 2girls1cup, so at least it's coherent.

Um, a jar of piss has some resemblance to being a sniper. I don't think any other class can be linked to shitting in cups and jizzing on dead bodies. :afro:

I'm sure you already know it's a reference to the timelapse scene from the Meet The Sniper video, soo it's not just "lol piss."

TBH I personally would have left it as an April fool's joke.

lol, pee.

Back