de_venice

J

jamin620

de_venice1.gif

de_venice2.gif

de_venice3.gif

de_venice4.gif

de_venice5.gif

I know it looks like the map runs like ass from the FPS, but that is because I was running a bunch of bots, plus hitting the screenshot key rapid fire. the map should be easyer on your PC than Inferno. I know that for many that is a pretty low bar, but what am I gona do.

http://jamin.rant-on.net/mapstuff/de_venice.zip

tell me what you think. Hope you like it.

Looks nice.
Permission to put it on my server's rotation? :cheers:

Wow, looks really nice. I'll download it and tell you how is it.

It's currently running on my server if anyone would like to join. :cheers:

Server IP -> css.drkstudios.com

god yes, please put it on your server. as a matter of fact, getting the map on servers was the primary reason I put it up on this forum. lol

how big is it, sorry, i'm at work and won't get to downloading it for a couple of hours

On my server (.bz2 format), it's roughly 8MB or so. :D

Uncompressed is roughly 17MB, maybe a bit more, but not by much if it is.

Seems very similar to a custom map i played on 1.6 .. but can't remember exactly what it was called.

It looks pretty well done, I'll play it later. My only issue with the visuals is that it looks to grey. Venice is a pretty colorful city. There should be a lot more oranges, reds, and yellows on the buildings, like so:
venice6ne.jpg

It is really nice but I am getting alot of console errors and terrible frame rates when I stray too close to the water. Considering that I have a X800XL, AMD64 3500+, 1GB PC3200, I expected better performance.

It looks really murky, brighten it up. It's too green and not enough blue. Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Not a map, just screenshotable sections of a map, something i made from photos for a map battle :)

Milkman said:
It is really nice but I am getting alot of console errors and terrible frame rates when I stray too close to the water. Considering that I have a X800XL, AMD64 3500+, 1GB PC3200, I expected better performance.

R9550@9600 Pro, PIV 2,8Ghz,768MB RAM - all high, no AA/AF - 30-50 fps all the time (close to water also). Well if it's 30 for you near the water and you say it's terrible...

stinger.aim92 said:
R9550@9600 Pro, PIV 2,8Ghz,768MB RAM - all high, no AA/AF - 30-50 fps all the time (close to water also). Well if it's 30 for you near the water and you say it's terrible...
6x AA, 16x AS, 1280x960, Reflect ALL.

Its not my fault, I play everyother map with water just fine, there is a definite slowdown near the water when their shouldn't be. Like I said earlier, there are pages and pages of errors in the console stemming from this map.

What Video Card do you have? Because it says you get 10 fps in most of those screenies...

Edit - Nevermind...

Back