Dead Space on Steam

AciD

Reaction score
Long awaited Sci-Fi shooter - Dead Space is now available on Steam for 44.99? / $49.99.
[br]
<div align="center"></div>
A massive deep-space mining ship goes dark after unearthing a strange artifact on a distant planet. Engineer Isaac Clarke embarks on the repair mission, only to uncover a nightmarish blood bath ? the ship's crew horribly slaughtered and infected by alien scourge. Now Isaac is cut off, trapped, and engaged in a desperate fight for survival.
You can visit the store page here.

Sweeet! Shame it aint in UK yet.... Why are we always last for everything?

Fail for not being in the UK. Goddamn it i am getting so sick of not being able to get games on Steam for being the UK. Well i suppose it's for the best as that's one less thing to buy as i refuse to buy retail and have limited activation, i learned that well from Mass Effect. So Cheer EA/Valve you've save me some cash.
You may want to add on the news post that it's not available in the UK.

Fail for not being in the UK. Goddamn it i am getting so sick of not being able to get games on Steam for being the UK. Well i suppose it's for the best as that's one less thing to buy as i refuse to buy retail and have limited activation, i learned that well from Mass Effect. So Cheer EA/Valve you've save me some cash.
You may want to add on the news post that it's not available in the UK.

Maybe you should live in a real counrty. LIKE 'MERICA!

Great game. Controls and camera take a bit of getting used to, though.

Great game, surprised it was made by EA, controls are slightly console oriented but nothing to bad, only thing that is affected imo are the menus.

So, is this a worthy game? Something to get when it goes down in price?

^Definitely, I thought EA did great this year with their new games Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. I find both to be difficult (though Dead Space is harder). In Dead Space, I always fear running out of ammo, which is quite easy to do, because I always get chopped in half when this happens. You have to learn to conserve your ammo, while still having to chop off almost every limb on an enemy. If you're looking for a good horror game with great graphics and an immersive story line, get this game, play it by yourself at night, with all the lights turned out, and the sounds turned up on high.

So, is this a worthy game? Something to get when it goes down in price?

Sure, after long time finally good one by EA. It's mixture of Doom3 and The Thing, sometimes you will see sick scene like from Silent Hill.

So not available in the UK then. Excellent work, ripe for pirates.

Well done EA.

I'll get this when they charge less than I can get it for in the shops or online. -_______-

It's generally considered a very underappreaciated game that was overshadowed by all the big(ger) and better known releases (because they were sequels of great games) around the same time.

So far I am enjoying it's movie feel quite a bit, but the controls are something to get used to.

Dead Space was badass, I thought the last two levels were particularly intense.

and fighting that invincible monster was truly awesome

Dead Space is the last EA game I bought. While the game itself is decent, it's a console port, and the controls are damn poor AND you can't remap half of them which is lame.

Uhh. EA tried to make the game scary. But game is not scary...

Even though you editted out the first part, I still have the same reaction: Puzzlement.

Love this game so far but there are a few things that piss me off, particularly how long it can take to open a door sometimes.

It's too easy in my opinion, so if you start out with this game, help yourself and take a harder difficulty than you usually do :)

Normal difficulty makes almost every encounter survivable, and you'll never run out of ammunition. This game is meant to make you fight for your life, and conserve ammunition, so it will somewhat ruin the fun of it.

The bosses are interesting, but too easy - once again must be the difficulty.

Good game nonetheless. Very pretty, very intense. It's one of those games that make you afraid of continuing. In a good way ;)

I thought the game was pretty hard on normal actually, the controls are unusual to me, I only play 1st person.

It's too easy in my opinion, so if you start out with this game, help yourself and take a harder difficulty than you usually do :)

Normal difficulty makes almost every encounter survivable, and you'll never run out of ammunition. This game is meant to make you fight for your life, and conserve ammunition, so it will somewhat ruin the fun of it.

The bosses are interesting, but too easy - once again must be the difficulty.

Good game nonetheless. Very pretty, very intense. It's one of those games that make you afraid of continuing. In a good way ;)

Then what difficulty am I playing on? I wish you could change difficulty during the game.

I thought the game was pretty hard on normal actually, the controls are unusual to me, I only play 1st person.

I feel like it's a 3rd person shooter that acts like a 1st person shooter somehow. It's hard to get used to.

Back