Democrats Lock Republicans Out of Meeting

Reaction score
Apparantly their stance is NO OPPOSING VIEWS ALLOWED!!!

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/63941-democrats-lock-republicans-out-of-committee-room#

Typical partisan bullshit and protecting Countrywide Mortgage. They don't want the truth to come out that FORCED relaxation of lending standards pushed by Democrats had a big influence on the housing bubble crumbling down.

ARTICLE said:
Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-N.Y.) locked Republicans out of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee room to keep them from meeting when Democrats aren’t present.

Towns’ action came after repeated public ridicule from the leading Republican on the committee, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), over Towns’s failure to launch an investigation into Countrywide Mortgage’s reported sweetheart deals to VIPs.

For months Towns has refused Republican requests to subpoena records in the case. Last Thursday Committee Republicans, led by Issa, were poised to force an open vote on the subpoenas at a Committee mark-up meeting. The mark-up was abruptly canceled. Only Republicans showed up while Democrats chairs remained empty.

Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-N.Y.) locked Republicans out of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee room to keep them from meeting when Democrats aren’t present.

Seems reasonable.

at a Committee mark-up meeting. The mark-up was abruptly canceled. Only Republicans showed up while Democrats chairs remained empty.

Oh, I see. Nevermind then.

@Rakurai: You miscomprehended the article. They arent lcoking republicans out of meetings, they're locking republicans out so they can't have meetings while the democrats arent there.

And then when there is a meeting, the democrats dont show up.

Seems reasonable.

Oh, I see. Nevermind then.

@Rakurai: You miscomprehended the article. They arent lcoking republicans out of meetings, they're locking republicans out so they can't have meetings while the democrats arent there.

And then when there is a meeting, the democrats dont show up.

They're trying to stall the proceedings due to what they want to do. It's nothing about a scheduling conflict as much as they want it to seem.

They're also mad that it's caught on tape that they're not there. They came back with "They're using taxpayer money to make these videos"

What? A handheld cam and a memory card? What the memory card is $30 max? And I'm sure they have a camera somewhere they used without having to buy a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually paid out of pocket for it.

Democrats calling the kettle black if they're complaining about them wasting taxpayer money.

Back