Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations

Ridge

Reaction score
Pelosi asks for donations to fend off potential GOP investigations
By Eric Zimmermann - 06/23/10 12:48 PM ET

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is asking supporters for contributions to help prevent the "subpoenas and investigations" that would result from a GOP majority.

In a fundraising letter for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Pelosi says if Republicans take back the House, they'll initiate "endless investigations against President Obama" and "bring back the days of Ken Starr and the politics of personal destruction."

"Remember a Republican-controlled Congress that devoted more time to subpoenas and investigations than to solving our country's problems?" Pelosi asks. "There is far too much at stake for our country now to allow it to happen again."

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the ranking member of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, has shown himself willing and eager to be a thorn in the side of the Obama administration on everything from the BP oil spill to the Joe Sestak job offer. Few doubt that he would use a chairmanship to ramp up those efforts.

Seizing on Pelosi's letter, Issa said Pelosi was effectively seeking "immunity" for the Obama administration.

"Obviously, Speaker Pelosi believes that a Democratic Congress should give this administration immunity from legitimate questions and appropriate accountability," Issa said. "Her statements are indicative of the desperate state her Majority is in and if the best case she can make is to caution the American people against the dangers of conducting legitimate and vigorous oversight, she is welcome to make that case."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-for-donations-to-fend-off-gop-investigations

She has a point, no? Some republicans already called for Obama's impeachment.

Well he has repeatedly gone against the Oath of Office, hasn't he?

Such as? And do you think he should be impeached for those things?

Do you think Bush should have been impeached?

Such as? And do you think he should be impeached for those things?

Not securing the border. Punishing organizations that TRY to secure the border. Ditto for the oil spill. Having agencies stop the vessels trying to clean up the spill, to count the number of fire extinguishers on them? Turning down much needed international help?

Do you think Bush should have been impeached?

Seeing as he also violated the Oath of Office, yes, I do. I only voted for the guy in 2004 because he was a better choice than Kerry. That dude was an idiot.

Out of all those things you said which are actually illegal. Be specific.

Article 4, Section 4 of The Constitution of the United States of America specifically says:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

What specifically did he do that is illegal? All the things you pointed out are political. There are arguments that can be made for or against. And they are things that can be applied to every president in the last century (not securing the border for example). I don't get how you equate not securing the border (he sent more national guard troops there than Bush did) to not protecting the country from invasion. Is mexico invading us? Why wasn't I told? I live in New Mexico.

So what exactly did he do which is illegal and which specific law did he break?

Also, why do you think republicans want to impeach him yet they didn't want to impeach Bush? It's because they are hypocrites, no?

What specifically did he do that is illegal? All the things you pointed out are political. There are arguments that can be made for or against. And they are things that can be applied to every president in the last century (not securing the border for example).

So what exactly did he did which is illegal and which law did he break.

He won't secure the border. So Arizona goes and does it themselves. Then the feds threaten to sue the Arizona government, and invite Mexico's president onto the White House lawn to blast Arizona on national television. THAT is in violation of his job as President of the United States. There is nothing political about continuing to let foreigners stream into the country, bring in drugs against our laws, and kill US citizens who get in their way.

Also, why do you think republicans want to impeach him yet they didn't want to impeach Bush? It's because they are hypocrites, no?

Yes, yes they are. Both parties are full of lawyers watching out for their own skin. I say abolish the two party system, and have people vote for individuals.

How is that illegal? What specific law is he breaking? Immigration is not invasion. The mexico military isn't coming over the border to take over the US government. Mexican people are coming over to work. That is not a invasion no matter what world you happen to live in.

Wether you like it or not Arizona is breaking federal law with it's papers law. So the government has every right to sue them. There is nothing illegal about that.

Every president in our history hasn't secured our border. Does that mean every president in our history should have been impeached?

How is that illegal? What specific law is he breaking?

ARTICLE IV, SECTION IV, UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

Immigration is not invasion. The mexico military isn't coming over the border to take over the US government. Mexican people are coming over to work. That is not a invasion no matter what world you happen to live in.

1. The Mexican military has crossed the border DOZENS of times in the past year without approval from our government. Most of the time they are providing cover for the drug mules sneaking across the border.

2. If they want to work, then why not go the legal route of coming to our country, like so many do? More than 2 thirds of legalized Hispanic immigrants in the US want to see the border secured and laws like Arizona's passed across the country.

3. It IS against the law when they come over and commit crimes, and bring contraband into the country.

Every president in our history hasn't secured our border. Does that mean every president in our history should have been impeached?

Illegal immigration wasn't a problem until the 1950s-60s. While I think Reagan was a great leader, I absolutely despise his blanket amnesty of illegal immigrants.

ARTICLE IV, SECTION IV, UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

1. The Mexican military has crossed the border DOZENS of times in the past year without approval from our government. Most of the time they are providing cover for the drug mules sneaking across the border.
I found those stories of mexican military helicopters odd too. What do you suggest, we bomb mexico?

Illegal immigration wasn't a problem until the 1950s-60s. While I think Reagan was a great leader, I absolutely despise his blanket amnesty of illegal immigrants.

So every president since Dwight Eisenhower should be impeached?

I found those stories of mexican military helicopters odd too. What do you suggest, we bomb mexico?

I suggest we hold them accountable for repeated military incursions into our border.

So every president since Dwight Eisenhower should be impeached?

Well maybe they should? They didn't follow through with their Oath. You guys like taking statements and turning them into rock solid monuments of words. I might as well do the same.

I suggest we hold them accountable for repeated military incursions into our border.
How?

Well maybe they should? They didn't follow through with their Oath. You guys like taking statements and turning them into rock solid monuments of words. I might as well do the same.

So you think every president after Truman did something illegal by not protecting the border and should be impeached. Why do you think that hasn't happened? There have been over 100 different sessions of congress in the last 50 years, you would think one of them would bring up impeachment if the president was actually breaking the law. Yet they haven't, why? I mean congress impeached Clinton for a blowjob, so it's not like they are shy with the impeachment card.

I'm no politician, but I'd shoot their ass down.

So you think every president after Truman did something illegal by not protecting the border and should be impeached. Why do you think that hasn't happened? There have been over 100 different sessions of congress in the last 50 years, you would think one of them would bring up impeachment if the president was actually breaking the law. Yet they haven't, why? I mean congress impeached Clinton for a blowjob, so it's not like they are shy with the impeachment card.

Good question. I guess they've been keeping busy with wars and balancing social security, or just realize that they wouldn't have anything to gain from it.

I'm no politician, but I'd shoot their ass down.
The problem is we have no way to detect those choppers using radar because they are so small. And as you know the border is a pretty big ****ing place. The way we learn about these choppers is we get reports of them after they leave because someone saw them. So knowing you can't actually "shoot their ass down" what would President Ridge do?

Good question. I guess they've been keeping busy with wars and balancing social security, or just realize that they wouldn't have anything to gain from it.

Or maybe it's because all those presidents didn't actually break the law when they didn't "protect the border". The constitution talks about an invasion, the only way to interpret that invasion is an armed foreign government. If you define illegal immigration as an invasion you also have to define all the legal immigrants coming here legally in the early 20th century as an invasion too. Or the invasion of slaves in the 1700s. So look, we could start impeaching presidents all the way back to George Washington if we use your logic (let's not).

What do you call citizens of a foreign country walking in with assault weapons and killing people of our country on our soil?

So when a german immigrant kills a us citizen on our soil we should declare WW3?

You haven't yet answered how you want to deal with Mexico for those helicopters. The impression I get from you is that if you were president I would be being drafted right now getting ready for an invasion of Mexico.

Also, you still think Obama is breaking the law?

So when a german immigrant kills a us citizen on our soil we should declare WW3?

In a singular event, yes. But this is happening hundreds of times per year, and the Mexican government consitently refuses to take command of the problem, or punish the people doing it.

You haven't yet answered how you want to deal with Mexico for those helicopters. The impression I get from you is that if you were president I would be being drafted right now getting ready for an invasion of Mexico.

I'm saying that if Mexican military forces continue to come onto our land and harass or even attack people, that we should respond in kind.

Also, you still think Obama is breaking the law?

You keep asking this, and I keep responding yes. If 4 cars run a red light and you are stopped for it, you aren't going to say that you should be let free because the others were, do you?

In a singular event, yes. But this is happening hundreds of times per year, and the Mexican government consitently refuses to take command of the problem, or punish the people doing it.
Hundreds of times a year? The mexican government refuses to do anything about it? Can you please source any of these claims? I can think of one or two cases were our border patrol officers were shot at, I can't think of any citizens dying at the border. Yes, illegal immigrants kill people. Whether they are from Mexico, from Canada, from Iraq, or from Germany. They are all isolated citizens. We have what, 20 million illegals in this country? ( I pulled a ridge and pulled that number out of my ass, I think that's what it's at). How many of them kill people a year?

I'm saying that if Mexican military forces continue to come onto our land and harass or even attack people, that we should respond in kind.
Give me one example of mexican military coming on our land and harrassing or attacking us citizens. Just give me one. If you can't from now on you have to source everything you say, deal?

You keep asking this, and I keep responding yes. If 4 cars run a red light and you are stopped for it, you aren't going to say that you should be let free because the others were, do you?

I see, so every president since George Washington is what you consider impeachable but we should start with the black guy.

Your definition of "invasion" is not logical in any way. But for some reason you keep clinging to it. Not protecting the border in the way you want it protected it is not illegal, it's a matter of politics. The fact is that the border is thousands of miles long, you can't just build a wall or guard the entire thing with military (you do know the constitution forbids the military from operating on US soil, right?). So there is not much a president can do. That's why for 60 years this problem has not been addressed, you'll just have to live with it. And that fact certainly doesn't mean you need to impeach the president.

So what other impeachable offenses do you got? Again, specifics.

Hundreds of times a year? The mexican government refuses to do anything about it? Can you please source any of these claims? I can think of one or two cases were our border patrol officers were shot at, I can't think of any citizens dying at the border. Yes, illegal immigrants kill people. Whether they are from Mexico, from Canada, from Iraq, or from Germany. They are all isolated citizens. We have what, 20 million illegals in this country? ( I pulled a ridge and pulled that number out of my ass, I think that's what it's at). How many of them kill people a year?

Give me one example of mexican military coming on our land and harrassing or attacking us citizens. Just give me one. If you can't from now on you have to source everything you say, deal?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/06/soldiers-cross-into-us-hold-guns-to-agent/

I see, so every president since George Washington is what you consider impeachable but we should start with the black guy.

Dont bring race into this. Bush was just as guilty of it, as was Clinton, Bush Sr, and so on...

Your definition of "invasion" is not logical in any way. But for some reason you keep clinging to it. Not protecting the border in the way you want it protected it is not illegal, it's a matter of politics. The fact is that the border is thousands of miles long, you can't just build a wall or guard the entire thing with military (you do know the constitution forbids the military from operating on US soil, right?). So there is not much a president can do. That's why for 60 years this problem has not been addressed, you'll just have to live with it. And that fact certainly doesn't mean you need to impeach the president.

If the conventional Army cannot do it, then how about the National Guard? The National Guard can, if called upon by the state's Govenor.

So what other impeachable offenses do you got? Again, specifics.

Well, he swore to uphold the will of the people, and despite more than 50% of Americans polled not wanting the healthcare reform he was offering, he and Congress did it anyways.

In this Gallup poll from February, only 36% of Americans polled favored the healthcare bill.

Dont bring race into this. Bush was just as guilty of it, as was Clinton, Bush Sr, and so on...

You never posted here saying Bush should be impeached for it when he was in power.

So you want to impeach Obama for events that happened during the Bush administration? From your article:

"Law enforcement operations have led, from time to time, to innocent incursions by both U.S. and Mexican law enforcement personnel and military units into the territory of both nations, and in particular along non-demarcated areas of our border," he said.

I guess Mexico should be invading us too, you aware of this recent incident:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007262-504083.html

The kid was killed on the mexican side of the border by a US border patrol agent. In that article it says it was self-defense from large rocks being thrown, turned out that when video surfaced no rocks were being thrown. The kid was killed in cold blood.

So you going to explain why you never brought this up during the Bush administration? You've been here since 2006, I'm pretty sure you were active on this politics board at that time. And all the things you are bitching about when it comes to Obama Bush did 1,000 times worse. Yet not a peep from you back then. Whats different now? I have a clue, here is you after Obama won:

http://halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2804412#post2804412

Yes, shame on me for speaking my mind in a public forum...Allah forbid I say something to darken the Chosen One....oops...no pun intended!

Pun about the color of Obama's skin and implying he is a muslim all in the same sentence, noice!

If the conventional Army cannot do it, then how about the National Guard? The National Guard can, if called upon by the state's Govenor.
Yes, if the governor makes that request the president can grant it, which is exactly what happened in Arizona. Governor wanted national guard troops on the border, the president gave her that. But again, you are talking about thousands of miles of border. That's a shit load of national guard troops especially when we are waging 2 wars.

Well, he swore to uphold the will of the people, and despite more than 50% of Americans polled not wanting the healthcare reform he was offering, he and Congress did it anyways.

In this Gallup poll from February, only 36% of Americans polled favored the healthcare bill.

I see. So in your world elections are not what decides policy, Gallup polls do? Again, I have to ask, why didn't you bring any of this up during the Bush administration? He was passing policies all the time that most americans didn't support.

Did you know that 70% of americans wanted socialized medicine in the form of a public option? So I guess Obama should have passed that and you would have been happy, right?

So you want to impeach Obama for events that happened during the Bush administration? From your article:

Bush never went out of his way to not close the border. In fact, I believe the fence was being constructed under his watch.

I guess Mexico should be invading us too, you aware of this recent incident:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007262-504083.html

The kid was killed on the mexican side of the border by a US border patrol agent. In that article it says it was self-defense from large rocks being thrown, turned out that when video surfaced no rocks were being thrown. The kid was killed in cold blood.

Nowhere in that article does it say there were no rocks being thrown.

So you going to explain why you never brought this up during the Bush administration? You've been here since 2006, I'm pretty sure you were active on this politics board at that time. And all the things you are bitching about when it comes to Obama Bush did 1,000 times worse. Yet not a peep from you back then. Whats different now? I have a clue, here is you after Obama won:

Actually, I think summer/fall 2008 was the first time I posted in the Politics forum...

http://halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2804412#post2804412

Pun about the color of Obama's skin and implying he is a muslim all in the same sentence, noice!

Yeah, cause you've never said anything racist, right? You are the one that brought race into THIS coversation.

Yes, if the governor makes that request the president can grant it, which is exactly what happened in Arizona. Governor wanted national guard troops on the border, the president gave her that

Those troops were promised by Obama to have been there 2 weeks ago. Where are they?

I see. So in your world elections are not what decides policy, Gallup polls do? Again, I have to ask, why didn't you bring any of this up during the Bush administration? He was passing policies all the time that most americans didn't support.

1. Gallup polls do not decide policy, but the man swore to uphold the will of the people, and very clearly went against the majority during the more than a year that he spent trying to convince us that this is best for us.

2. Where did Bush try to pass laws that less than a third of the population wanted?

Did you know that 70% of americans wanted socialized medicine in the form of a public option? So I guess Obama should have passed that and you would have been happy, right?

If I have to provide sources, than so do you.

Bush never went out of his way to not close the border. In fact, I believe the fence was being constructed under his watch.
You do know that Bush wanted to give amnesty, right?

Nowhere in that article does it say there were no rocks being thrown.
Because our media blows. Read the excuses that article made then watch the actual video:

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Media/shoo...er-patrol-caught-cell-phone/story?id=10880880

No rocks, just killed in cold blood. Also mentions how 17 mexican citizens have been killed or injured this year by border patrol.

Actually, I think summer/fall 2008 was the first time I posted in the Politics forum...

Nope, you posted in 2006. In the thread I linked to you dismissed the failures of Bush by blaming 9/11 on Clinton.

Yeah, cause you've never said anything racist, right? You are the one that brought race into THIS coversation.
I'm not the one wanting to impeach Obama for something every single president in history has done.

Those troops were promised by Obama to have been there 2 weeks ago. Where are they?
I dont know, you tell me.

1. Gallup polls do not decide policy, but the man swore to uphold the will of the people, and very clearly went against the majority during the more than a year that he spent trying to convince us that this is best for us.
So you support socialized medicine in the form of a public option because 70% of americans do too?
2. Where did Bush try to pass laws that less than a third of the population wanted?

If I have to provide sources, than so do you.

Less than a third of americans supported healthcare reform? again, pull stuff out of your ass much? The gallup poll you linked to earlier didn't even mention healthcare reform. Maybe you don't know this but less than 1/3rd would be less than 32%. Not even close:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

And what policies did Bush pass that were unpopular? Did you really just ask that. You can start with the bank bailout and move your way down for pretty much everything he passed. Do I need to remind you that Bush was the most unpopular president in modern american history?

lol, impeaching a president because of immigrants. HA

You do know that Bush wanted to give amnesty, right?

Because our media blows. Read the excuses that article made then watch the actual video:

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Media/shoo...er-patrol-caught-cell-phone/story?id=10880880

No rocks, just killed in cold blood. Also mentions how 17 mexican citizens have been killed or injured this year by border patrol.

And many more US citizens have been hurt by illegal immigrants and cartels in the past 6 monhts, too.

Nope, you posted in 2006. In the thread I linked to you dismissed the failures of Bush by blaming 9/11 on Clinton.

What could Bush have done to avert 9/11? He had only been CiC for less than 8 months when the towers fell.

I'm not the one wanting to impeach Obama for something every single president in history has done.

Like I said before, Just because others got away with it, doesn't mean everybody should be left off the hook. The problem will never be solved unless those responsible are held accountable.

I dont know, you tell me.

Seems pretty obvious those troops have NOT been mobilized, as Obama had promised.

So you support socialized medicine in the form of a public option because 70% of americans do too?

Show me where 70% of Americans support socialized medicine?

Less than a third of americans supported healthcare reform? again, pull stuff out of your ass much? The gallup poll you linked to earlier didn't even mention healthcare reform. Maybe you don't know this but less than 1/3rd would be less than 32%. Not even close:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

The Gallup poll I presented you earlier CLEARLY shows the numbers I mentioned. I'd trust a Gallup poll over whoever sponsored that poll you are showing me. Even then, looks like the majority of their sources show the majority of people polled are against the plan.

And what policies did Bush pass that were unpopular? Did you really just ask that. You can start with the bank bailout and move your way down for pretty much everything he passed. Do I need to remind you that Bush was the most unpopular president in modern american history?

Bush was a lame duck. I don't know why he passed it. He could have easily ignored it, let the bill die on his desk, and then let Obama sign the next version 3 months later. Poor move on his part. Got a source to Bush being hte most unpopular? Or is that among your family members that you polled?

Ridge said:
If I have to provide sources, than so do you

I'm sorry but you have proven time and again that your "facts" are not to be trusted as you've made inaccurate/incorrect statements on several occasions. I think at this point you should post a source every single time you type ANYTHING into the messsage box. you have ZERO credibility: it's earned not implied

Jesus christ...it hurts.

And many more US citizens have been hurt by illegal immigrants and cartels in the past 6 monhts, too.
The point is should mexico invade us because of what we did to their citizen?

What could Bush have done to avert 9/11? He had only been CiC for less than 8 months when the towers fell.
Not the point, you blamed all of Bush's failings on 9/11 then blamed 9/11 on Clinton. Absolutely insane.

Like I said before, Just because others got away with it, doesn't mean everybody should be left off the hook. The problem will never be solved unless those responsible are held accountable.
Like we said before, you weren't making any noise until the black guy got here.

Seems pretty obvious those troops have NOT been mobilized, as Obama had promised.
You'll have to forgive me but I need a source.

Show me where 70% of Americans support socialized medicine?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/19/AR2009101902451.html

On the issue that has been perhaps the most pronounced flash point in the national debate, 57 percent of all Americans now favor a public insurance option, while 40 percent oppose it. Support has risen since mid-August, when a bare majority, 52 percent, said they favored it. (In a June Post-ABC poll, support was 62 percent.)

If a public plan were run by the states and available only to those who lack affordable private options, support for it jumps to 76 percent. Under those circumstances, even a majority of Republicans, 56 percent, would be in favor of it, about double their level of support without such a limitation.

As much as 76%.

The Gallup poll I presented you earlier CLEARLY shows the numbers I mentioned. I'd trust a Gallup poll over whoever sponsored that poll you are showing me. Even then, looks like the majority of their sources show the majority of people polled are against the plan.
Dude, the gallup poll you posted doesn't even mention healthcare. Not once on the entire page.

Bush was a lame duck. I don't know why he passed it. He could have easily ignored it, let the bill die on his desk, and then let Obama sign the next version 3 months later. Poor move on his part. Got a source to Bush being hte most unpopular? Or is that among your family members that you polled?

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

You need to show me a president that left office with approval ratings below 30%. I don't think even Nixon did that bad.

And so your excuse again here is what? The issue we were talking about was you can impeach presidents if they pass legislation that Gallup polls show americans don't support. So this is another thing Bush should have been impeached for that you never seemed bothered about.

I'm sorry but you have proven time and again that your "facts" are not to be trusted as you've made inaccurate/incorrect statements on several occasions. I think at this point you should post a source every single time you type ANYTHING into the messsage box. you have ZERO credibility: it's earned not implied

Stern, I'd dare say you have less credibility. Half the time, instead of attempting to refute my claims, you just post something along the lines of "HAHA".

Carry on.

Stern, I'd dare say you have less credibility. Half the time, instead of attempting to refute my claims, you just post something along the lines of "HAHA".

Carry on.

Stern, wether you love him or hate him, doesn't pull stuff out of his ass as you have done over and over and over again. I mean jesus, you can't even source things correctly. You talked about support for healthcare being in the low 30% area but the poll you cited didn't even mention healthcare.

Stern, I'd dare say you have less credibility.

lol I dont even have to post sources and most people will take my word for it because I've EARNED that right. and yet I still post sources. you sir are known for shooting your mouth off without knowing the facts and you've been called on it a number of times much to your embarrassment

Half the time, instead of attempting to refute my claims, you just post something along the lines of "HAHA".

Carry on.

because some of the shit you post is just laugh out loud funny (or at the very least "hahah you're crazy" funny)

Jesus christ...it hurts.

The point is should mexico invade us because of what we did to their citizen?

They're welcome to try.

Not the point, you blamed all of Bush's failings on 9/11 then blamed 9/11 on Clinton. Absolutely insane.
I did NOT blame all of Bush's failings on 9/11. In fact, I think most of his problems were due to his idiotic decision to invade Iraq.

Like we said before, you weren't making any noise until the black guy got here.

Correction, I wasnt making any noise until the socialist guy got here.

You'll have to forgive me but I need a source.

http://politic365.com/2010/06/25/arizona-gov-questions-obama-about-plans-for-border/

That is from October 2009. Once people finally started to find out what was actually in the bill, such as direct government access to their bank accounts, that is when the fan numbers plummetted.

Dude, the gallup poll you posted doesn't even mention healthcare. Not once on the entire page.

healthcarew.jpg

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

You need to show me a president that left office with approval ratings below 30%. I don't think even Nixon did that bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Presidents below 30% include:

Truman
Nixon
Carter
Bush Sr
Bush Jr

And so your excuse again here is what? The issue we were talking about was you can impeach presidents if they pass legislation that Gallup polls show americans don't support. So this is another thing Bush should have been impeached for that you never seemed bothered about.

Just because I didnt post here didnt mean I wasnt bothered about it. Patriot Act was wrong. So were the bailouts. Invading Iraq was wrong. Socialized medicine was wrong.

lol I dont even have to post sources and most people will take my word for it because I've EARNED that right. and yet I still post sources. you sir are known for shooting your mouth off without knowing the facts and you've been called on it a number of times much to your embarrassment

Most people will take your word for it because the vast majority of the members on here lean hard left, and you are preaching to your own choir. I make statements that break their fragile view of reality, and they respond with hostility.

because some of the shit you post is just laugh out loud funny (or at the very least "hahah you're crazy" funny)

Pop another blue pill, then.

They're welcome to try.
You miss the point entirely.

I did NOT blame all of Bush's failings on 9/11. In fact, I think most of his problems were due to his idiotic decision to invade Iraq.

I am going to quote you directly now:

Pi Mu Rho: So who do we have to thank for the past 8 [years of Bush] then?

Ridge: Clinton, since the economic decline was a result of 9/11 which happened because Wild Bill chose not to off bin Laden when he had the chance...

Yes, you blamed the disaster during the Bush years on Clinton.

Correction, I wasnt making any noise until the socialist guy got here.
Look up the word socialist. Because you clearly don't know what it means.

That is from October 2009. Once people finally started to find out what was actually in the bill, such as direct government access to their bank accounts, that is when the fan numbers plummetted.
The numbers for a public option never went below 50%. You need to find me a poll that says otherwise. Remember, we are not talking about the healthcare bill. We are talking about a public option which americans clearly supported through the entire debate and still support today. And using your iditoic logic that means Obama needs to pass a public option right away or he needs to be impeached for not doing so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

Presidents below 30% include:

Truman
Nixon
Carter
Bush Sr
Bush Jr
Only 2 of those got lower than Bush, Nixon by one point and Truman by 3. Like I said, Bush was the most unpopular president in modern history unless you count the guy that got impeached for watergate, he has him beat by 1 point.

Just because I didnt post here didnt mean I wasnt bothered about it. Patriot Act was wrong. So were the bailouts. Invading Iraq was wrong. Socialized medicine was wrong.

Right, you just never called Bush socialist for any of that and never said anything about impeaching him. Then Obama gets in to office and you literally loose your shit.

Most people will take your word for it because the vast majority of the members on here lean hard left, and you are preaching to your own choir.

hard left? in comparison to your own extreme right ya sure but the norm is probably closer to center (as has been shown in countless political compass threads)

I make statements that break their fragile view of reality, and they respond with hostility.

like the "reality" of mexican GM workers making $27/hour when in fact they made $26 a day? my fragile reality = blown to smithereens!!!

btw this sentence is all kinds of awesome:

"I make statements that break their fragile view of reality"

but not for the reason you think it is

Pop another blue pill, then.

you're the one who seems delusional: your reality (ie magical mexicans making $27 and hour, racism built into healthcare bills etc) is not unlike the reality found in bizarro world; up is down, down is up, superman is a dick and lex luther is a hero etc

Back