Pelosi Pops-open Worm Can

speedbump

Reaction score
Just when the Dems and Repubs were getting ready to wax windy about national-healthcare, the biggest Bush-hater of 'em all; Democratic Speaker Of The House, Nancy Pelosi lets-all-the-air-out-of-the-room(Inside Baseball for; knocking the healthcare-debate off the front burner)... with her childlessly-inane, insipidly-juvenille, serial-killeresque fixation upon 'punishing' members of the previous administration.

I was never briefed by the CIA.
The CIA briefed me, but they never told me about waterboarding.
The CIA told me about waterboarding, but they said they didn't do it yet.
The CIA told my staff-members they waterboarded, but nobody told me.
Pick one, Nancy. -Oops you've picked all-4 comments so far.

Her comment from today's press-briefing, after accusing the CIA of lying to Congress: " Politics... is more important than national-security. "

Her House-Speaker days are over unless something dramatic happens. She's become a Queen-sized headache for President Obama, who said 'no' to releasing CIA memos and pix yesterday, trying to move-ahead with his agenda instead of fixating backwards.

Batman Bopped By Beer-Bomb
-the Joker's Journal... 1938

Sometimes I just get pissed with Democrats.

Republicanism and its various political representatives are easy to draw scorn to. But Democrats can be infuriating with their self-sabotage and complicity.

Can someone post news stories and explanations that will help me understand what this man is talking about?

I honestly don't give a shit if Pelosi knew about it, or if some other democrats in office knew about it.

The fact is, many more of us who didn't know about it for sure, even though we suspected it(and suspected right), are still wanting this torture bullshit to end.

wasn't she just an average Conrgress Woman before all this happened anyway?? its not like she was the Democratic Leader at the time

wasn't she just an average Conrgress Woman before all this happened anyway?? its not like she was the Democratic Leader at the time

She was house minority leader from 2003-2007.

But still, the supposed date was back in 2002.

She was house minority leader from 2003-2007.

But still, the supposed date was back in 2002.

i can't even remember what i was doing back in 2002 let along 3 years ago. now try to remember a conversation you had with a friend back 7 years ago. IMO people are stupid for criticizing someone, put yourself in her shoes.

"Nancy Pelosi lets-all-the-air-out-of-the-room(Inside Baseball for; knocking the healthcare-debate off the front burner)"

Making Sense 101
Don't explain one obscure analogy with another that is equally obscure. It's better just to say whatever the **** you want to say.

Also, this is probably the worst original post I have ever seen here.

It's worse than anything of Jverne or Kathakasung. Seriously after reading it I thought you were on about some new kind of Pepsi cola.

Can someone post news stories and explanations that will help me understand what this man is talking about?

Here is an appropriate article.

Here are quotes.

WASHINGTON - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's extraordinary accusation that the Bush administration lied to Congress about the use of harsh interrogation techniques dramatically raised the stakes in the growing debate over the Bush administration's anti-terrorism policies even as it raised some questions about the speaker's credibility.

For the first time, Pelosi (D-Calif.) acknowledged that in 2003 she was informed by an aide that the CIA had told others in Congress that officials had used waterboarding during interrogations. But she insisted, contrary to CIA accounts, that she was not told about waterboarding during a September 2002 briefing by agency officials. Asked whether she was accusing the CIA of lying, she replied, "Yes, misleading the Congress of the United States."

The speaker's discomfort was evident yesterday as she was grilled by reporters for the first time since the CIA issued information suggesting that she and others were told about the use of the techniques, including waterboarding, at a classified briefing on Sept. 4, 2002. Pelosi was then the ranking Democrat on the House intelligence committee.

Conservatives say that, if Pelosi was so opposed to torture, she should have spoken out forcefully when she learned that these techniques were being employed. Her failure to do so then leaves her in a weakened position to protest now, they argue.

House Republican Leader John A. Boehner (Ohio) was quick to challenge Pelosi. Within minutes of her contentious news conference, he emerged to question her accusations. He left no doubt that Republicans believe that the speaker has made a major misstep that will hurt her and perhaps her party as this controversy plays out.

Who the **** cares? Crucify Bush AND Pelosi . Hell use the same goddam spike and nail them to the cross at the same time

this partisan bullshit is killing your goddam country. look at the idiocy spewed in the OP; it completely ignores the fact that regardless if she's a goddam hypocrite (Omg politicans are hypocrites? you dont say) she still has a goddam point; CRUCIFY Bush already sheesh. I cant believe how gutless americans are on bringing someone to justice who lied through his ass to send your country to war and your countrymen to an early grave

In 2002 Pelosi was the highest ranking-member of the House Intelligence Committee.
Now she's third-in-line to be President... accusing an entire Government Agency (20,000 ? employees) of lying. -Lying constantly.

this partisan bullshit is killing your goddam country.

Aww gee... Then your relentless slamming of ineffectual sideliners like Palin, Joe The Plumber, etc. was just constructive criticism ?

Idiot mockery is bi-partisan.

The distribution of idiots seems a little uneven though.

Aww gee... Then your relentless slamming of ineffectual sideliners like Palin, Joe The Plumber, etc. was just constructive criticism ?

I am neither american nor partisan. now if the other side gave me a good reason to ridicule them then hell I'll be there with bells on, it makes no difference to me who has the reigns of power ..at least domestically. In fact I'd rather the republicans were in power: much much more material to play with. hell bush alone kept the jokes flowing for 8 solid years and we're STILL not done with

Unfortunately for fairness, the republicans consistantly make better asses of themselves. they really do excel in this so yes it seems one sided but given the opportunity it wouldnt be ..just as Eejit said:

"The distribution of idiots seems a little uneven"

I doubt you'd be so enthusiastic to see Bush hang if you spoke to a few Kurds who'd probably be dead by now had we not imposed a no-fly zone over Iraq. Or people we freed from his secret prisons. Stern.

But then he would be reassured when he spoke to the thousands of families who needlessly lost the people they loved.

Also, OP makes me laugh when he tries to impress people with his vocabulary. Especially when he misspells it.

Love this guy and his politically charged videos!

That guy is seriously gonna kill someone one of these days. Either that or he lives in Boston, as Rescue Me has led me to believe everyone person from Boston is a hard-ass who communicate largely by yelling, drinking and fighting.

Irregardless of his criticism of Palin and Joe The Plumber, Stern is completely right.

Also, Palin was a terrible choice for McCain's running mate, as the GOP now know. It was odd watching the McCain campaign push so very hard to get rid of the image of McCain being another Bush, only to introduce Sarah Palin as his running mate whom is very much the female personification of him.

I doubt you'd be so enthusiastic to see Bush hang if you spoke to a few Kurds who'd probably be dead by now had we not imposed a no-fly zone over Iraq. Or people we freed from his secret prisons. Stern.

We imposed a no-fly zone over Kurdistan. Great, what about the gas attacks and post-Gulf War reprisals we didn't lift a finger to stop?

We imposed a no-fly zone over Kurdistan. Great, what about the gas attacks and post-Gulf War reprisals we didn't lift a finger to stop?
Indeed, that is something our countries should be shameful for.

However, we can be re-assured that we took the best chance of righting those wrong by liberating Iraq. Long overdue, but nessacary.

The problem is that if we 'took the best chance' we certainly didn't take it in the best way. I would post, like, arguments and stuff, but I find myself just wanting to point you to Imperial Life in the Emerald City. If you don't find any time on your hands to read it you could wait for the new Green Zone movie coming out by Paul Greengrass.

Anyway, I'm not sure that debate is relevant here. You doctrinaire liberal, you.

You stupid ****s, the CIA lies all the time, it's a matter of procedure.

That being said, Pelosi is annoying the shit out of me lately with all of her windbag attempts to enact some kind of "justice" in retribution for the Republican Party and Bush administration. Just stfu and sit down and let Obama do his thing.

8 days 'n counting... Proof, Nancy... ya inert congerie of moss-washed swamp-foam.

-wutterwee still back in 1972 'r sumthin' ? We discriminating Rome-stormers prefer an apocalypse now rather than a recalcitrantly-candlelit apocalypse later.

What the hell does that mean?

8 days 'n counting... Proof, Nancy... ya inert congerie of moss-washed swamp-foam.

-wutterwee still back in 1972 'r sumthin' ? We discriminating Rome-stormers prefer an apocalypse now rather than a recalcitrantly-candlelit apocalypse later.

my cat's breath smells like cat food

OP is a time traveler from another dimension

I keep thinking he is an radio personality from World War II.

"This joke brought to you buy Ovaltine, and from the makers of Tang"

Back