Dexter - Season 5

Really looking forward to it. Heh, you beat me to the thread!

Nice article here.

And what a fantastic trailer that was. I'm so excited for it.

Looks fantastic. I'm kind of hoping this is the last season.

Holy shit that looks awesome.

And yeah, definitely has a final season vibe to it.

I don't like to spoil anything, should I watch?

I don't think the spoilers in there are significant enough to avoid watching this trailer. I think the excitement you get to feel after watching it is worth it.

720p available here.

Unless you haven't watched the last season then definitely don't watch it.

I'm assuming he did, of course.

Also, although there is definitely some kind of "last season vibe" in the trailer, surely Showtime's most famous cash cow isn't getting off the leash that easily.

Considering that the last few episodes of S4 broke several of Showtime's records, I'm very sure that this season is not the last one, and if the show keeps growing at this rate, the 6th season won't be the last one either. From a business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to end it on it's 5th season.

While that's certainly true, the fact that Showtime keeps this at 12 episodes instead of upping it to 24 suggests to some degree that they care about how well it's being done. There's only so much more that can be done with it, before it gets repetitive. That's even already starting to show a bit in the trailer alone, with Quinn investigating Dexter like Doakes did.

I'm not sure there's anything they can do about that from now on. The last original story they wrote was S3. S4 was similar to S1 in some ways, but the fact that it was wonderful anyway shows that they're all still doing their very best.

Also seasons of cable shows are always short from what I've seen. I think it has to do with the amount of revenue networks vs cable generate in terms of ratings and ads. I think they just can't afford 22 - 24 episode seasons.

Wow. This just looks insane. I cannot, cannot fathom the degree of insanity season 5 will bring us. I'm so excited and scared at the same moment.

I WANT THIS NOW, OTAVIOW.

I'm going to agree with Yorick in hoping that this is the final season. I think that anything more is just going to feel like its overstayed its welcome. That said, this trailer has me jumping in my seat. Its going to be incredible seeing Dexter's transformation into a normal person, complete with all the emotions he's lacked in every episode before.

I definitely agree that this should be the last season too, it just feels right. I would much rather have it end too early than too late. I just think Showtime wouldn't want to end it soon.

Yeah, as much as i love the show, it's time to put it to rest.

Just make the best out of this season and give us a good ending.

The trailer did really make it feel as though this might be a final season of sort. I mean, most of the trailer has all of the people finally leading up to and question Dexter. It would be pretty weird to continue the show after Dexter, I am guessing, being finally exposed. That is like one of the main plot attributes, that he is doing all these killings without leaving any trace or raising any suspicion.

Can't wait!

As much as I don't want to admit, this very much had a "final season" vibe. But, this is a cash cow for Showtime, as someone as put it, so who knows? Perhaps ST might attempt some sort of spin-off? Heh, anything's possible I guess.

And Dexter going crazy at the end was awesome, should be an intense season.

Also, new-ish interview with MCH. http://wirk.radio.com/2010/07/25/interview-dexters-michael-c-hall/ This excerpt is interesting,

I’d really like to, but the scheduling for the show just won’t allow for it. I’d need to dedicate anywhere between 6 to 18 months for a play and I just can’t spread my commitments that thin. Dexter’s going to be around for a while and that’s all I can say about that.

New promo.

I’d really like to, but the scheduling for the show just won’t allow for it. I’d need to dedicate anywhere between 6 to 18 months for a play and I just can’t spread my commitments that thin. Dexter’s going to be around for a while and that’s all I can say about that.

See, I told you guys. It's rather sad actually :|

the requiem for a dream theme, seriously? come on. dexter is pretty original, i see no reason for why it's pr marketing should take a unimaginative turn

hate that song so much

I can't wait for this, this trailer got me all pumped up for it and now it's still over a month wait :(.

I had just gotten done watching the last episode of Season 4, and it was a very shocking episode for me. I don't want to give away any spoilers as to what had happened, but I get the feeling that this situation will drive Dexter closer to his "Dark Passenger" than ever before.

If there was one change in season 4 I found odd (and just thrown in) was how Quinn was a dick to Dexter. It's like they made the change to put Dexter up against another Doakes. In season 5, I hope someone (hopefully Dexter, but anyone will do) knocks his teeth out. I know I would have thrown him in the hospital if he tried that "tough guy" attitude with me, as I have little patience for such backwards caveman thinking.

It'll be interesting to see what unfolds in Season 5, but it's starting to look like his 'double life' may be catching up, and making others catch on. Hell, I think it's only a matter of time before his sister finds out about his "second life" (like in the novel series).

dexterp.jpg

Can't wait! I feel like it's been ages since season 4 ended.

Well, not the homerun I was hoping for, but definitely looking forward to where they go from here.

****ing LOL'd hard at the episode name, tho, "My Bad". Too funny.

Will certainly be interesting to see where they go with this. LaGuerta mentioning he was possibly with them at the time of the murder could give him an alibi, but he certainly can't explain the time lost while he was killing Trinity.

Really enjoyable, although it gave the season no direction.
Dexter looked especially suspicious through the episode, and I loved to see him mourn.

Mauling random guy in the bathroom. It's alright, though. Dex had a bad week after all

****ing lol at Dexter telling the kids their mom was dead with the mickey mouse ears on. Although, the episode was really sad overall. Very unlike the show, but it was certainly great imo. The situation couldn't have been handled any better than it was here. I like it that they didn't cheat and flash forward 6 months or anything like that.
Also... WHO. THE ****. ARE YOU?

^ this episode felt like a direct follow-up to last season. Next one will probably feel more like a season opener.

I loved it.
Teared up a few times.

Deb was awesome.

I was super tickled to see that on reddit yesterday as well. Masuka WOULD be the redditor of the show.

On that note, it seems like just about everyone on hl2net also reads reddit religiously.

Damn it why do they show the baby in distress :( they know my weak point gets me watery eyed :(

great episode, although I kind of laughed unintentionally at dexter showing emotion when he...

beat that guy's head in, he sounded like a pig in heat

As I said, I laughed unintentionally.

Damn it why do they show the baby in distress :( they know my weak point gets me watery eyed :(

great episode, although I kind of laughed unintentionally at dexter showing emotion when he...

beat that guy's head in, he sounded like a pig in heat

As I said, I laughed unintentionally.

That was very disturbing. Doesn't sound like a sound coming from a normal person.

BTW, Quinn vs Doakes. Bare hands. Who would win?

Btw, this is annoying me during the whole episode, is it me, or did Quinn look more of pretty boy compared to last season...

and Doakes would win, he was a bad ass, Quinn a poor man's Doakes.

Back