did a strider bite eli's leg off?

Logically thinking, how could strider bite anything since it doesn't have a mouth?

Yeah, I'm sure a creature equiped with an alien machine gun, a death ray capable of destroying buildings, would resort to biting someone and then failing to kill it.... :rolleyes:

PvtRyan said:
Yeah, I'm sure a creature equiped with an alien machine gun, a death ray capable of destroying buildings, would resort to biting someone and then failing to kill it.... :rolleyes:

LOL! owned.

it was a bullsquid that took his leg when he was escaping from Black Mesa. Says it in Raising the Bar ... definitely a book worth getting.

Bullsquid, when he was trying to push Kleiner over a barrier into the relative safety of a Combine city.

hahhaa strider...that is classic

Btw where are the bullsquids in HL2? i saw a screenie of them along time ago (all red and spotty) but they seem to have been cut, or they are on the top level of citadel which i havent done yet...which i assume is unlikely.

One thing i wish there was more of in HL2 was Xen aliens...they cut near all of them except the headcrab/zombie :( Stupid combine scum...

Hectic Glenn said:
hahhaa strider...that is classic

Btw where are the bullsquids in HL2? i saw a screenie of them along time ago (all red and spotty) but they seem to have been cut, or they are on the top level of citadel which i havent done yet...which i assume is unlikely.

One thing i wish there was more of in HL2 was Xen aliens...they cut near all of them except the headcrab/zombie :( Stupid combine scum...

They are on the top level of the Citadel which you haven't done yet.

they got cut, there where originally planned in the canal levels. I think they where to gameplay annoying.

What annoys me is the fact you only see the itchysaur once, when you get teleported into random places

Hectic Glenn said:
Me too. Would've been great fun to fight more aliens than the Combine.
And RabidJester was lying you don't really see Bullsquids in the Citadel.
And yes it's a shame we only see the Icthyosaur once, even more a shame that it looks like they used the model from the original game...

yeah i just finished the game in that time...kinda annoyed the fact its so ambigious again! anyone any theories on what happened to alyx there?

Brian Damage said:
Bullsquid, when he was trying to push Kleiner over a barrier into the relative safety of a Combine city.
Why is this stuff ONLY in the book? There should at last be some way of gathering it from the game.

I'm pretty sure Eli lost his leg in the beginning of the original Half-Life. After the accident with the teleporter in Black Mesa you find him laying on the ground with his leg stuck under something, dont remember if it was a chunk of the ceiling or a filing cabinet. It's in that scene with the laser cutting through everything.

Varsity said:
Why is this stuff ONLY in the book? There should at last be some way of gathering it from the game.
because they make more money that way

el Chi said:
Me too. Would've been great fun to fight more aliens than the Combine.
And RabidJester was lying you don't really see Bullsquids in the Citadel.
And yes it's a shame we only see the Icthyosaur once, even more a shame that it looks like they used the model from the original game...

i was surprised it wasn't in the game after it almost eats you while teleporting. Every time I stepped into water tho, I was very careful.

MrWynd said:
i was surprised it wasn't in the game after it almost eats you while teleporting. Every time I stepped into water tho, I was very careful.
if you go deeper, you get attached by leeches.

Forget the ichy, where are the cool walking thingies you see in the citadel?!

Meteor_of_War said:
I'm pretty sure Eli lost his leg in the beginning of the original Half-Life. After the accident with the teleporter in Black Mesa you find him laying on the ground with his leg stuck under something, dont remember if it was a chunk of the ceiling or a filing cabinet. It's in that scene with the laser cutting through everything.

:LOL: Oh man, you just made at least half of that up in your head. :) Eli isn't hurt after the cascade when you see the scientists, he's the one that opens the door for you. There's no collapsed ceiling or rubble in the room, but the other scientist is on the floor clutching his gut.

KagePrototype said:
:LOL: Oh man, you just made at least half of that up in your head. :) Eli isn't hurt after the cascade when you see the scientists, he's the one that opens the door for you. There's no collapsed ceiling or rubble in the room, but the other scientist is on the floor clutching his gut.

First of all i said "i think", meaning i was guessing. And i'm not talking about in the room with the machine that gets destroyed, i was talking about in the corridor with that laser that was cutting through everything. Who can tell anyway, there was only like three character models for all the scientists in the game.

Brian Damage said:

That's from Raising the Bar?

PvtRyan said:
aaahahahahaha :thumbs:

Can someone please tell me this... WTF Is a bullsquid? I played hl i just cant remember.

Back