Did anyone notice....

SerialCarpens

Reaction score
I hear all about the story and all that bs. But not ONCE, have I heard anyone mention that the combine IS a FoRtEsS?!??!?! thats Eating the CITY!??!?!?!? AM I crazy, watch the big ass movie and hear the guy say that! Gabe newell or whatever:eek:

"these are combine soldiers, the combine is a fortress, that's eating its way through the city".

Gabe newell, beginning of last segment, in the one big momma gamespy movie.

Really weird.

Wait a minute .. he said:

"in this last sequence you'll get a look at the citadel at the center of the ALIEN combine. The combine is a fortress which is slowly eating it's way through the rest of City 17 ..."

I always though the combine were not very friendly with the aliens .. as shown in the prison movie when the alien commander comes out? Now I'm confused ..

2 alien forces?

Assuming they are both alien forces, they can have different objectives/uses on/for earth. So.. that could explain why they fight eachother and/or you.

So this is like everyone against everyone. It would be fun if in the middle of game you could ally with Xen or with new aliens, and go with different storylines from that point.. Eh, dreams :)

Well then again the aliens in HL1 attacked eachother so...

IDEA! What if the combine are just humans being controlled by aliens, just like the headcrabs but by, idunno, some sorta physic force. Someone mentioned something about them also - "the combine are soldiers driven crazy by alien phermones". I think it was something like that, can anyone confirm this?

Originally posted by Bad^Hat
Well then again the aliens in HL1 attacked eachother so...

When, I don't remember that happening at all, or are you talking about OpForce add-on?

BUt HOW CRAZY IS THAT

The fortress....its EATING the ****ing city, THATS INSANE, you see it in the video too. The fortress walls or whatever, come down on the city. Thats freaky shit. No backtracking I figure...

Your buddy calls to tell you about the sick ass weapon in that one area....

"Cool bro, ill just go get-AWWWWWWWW SHITTTTT!"

You'll be looking like this sucker ----->:flame:
When youd rather be looking like this ****er------>:bounce:
....Now heres me:cheese:

WTF!!!!!!! LOL this guys on something heavy, pass it around man.

Reak: The fat acid-spitter things always went for the headcrabs... I seem to remember some that'd beat up the doggie things too.

bwhahaha, the combine confuses me, but we will have to wait until the game is released to know more :D

Damn Valve! Damn them to hell with their secret story! Leak it! LEAK IT!!!!...*ahem* Sorry.

-Vert

Lol serialcarpens, that was like the best post ive seen in ages.

I think there are 3 parties here:
You + Rebels, etc.
Xen Aliens.
The Combine.

Since we know from the last game that thanks to gordon, xen is under control of the gman/his employers now, we can assume that The rebels and the Xen aliens are fighting the same enemy, but are also still hostile to each other.

A situation like this could occur if the rebels are made up of City-17th original inhabitants, and gordon went to help them. That way, the gman and Xen aliens are fighting the combine, but trying to get the rebels out of the way, and the rebels are fighting the combine while trying to defend themselves from the Xen aliens/gman.

I wonder if that made sense..

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
So this is like everyone against everyone. It would be fun if in the middle of game you could ally with Xen or with new aliens, and go with different storylines from that point.. Eh, dreams :)
haha its already been announced that some xen aliens are your allies (slave, etc, the Alien Grunt hasnt been mentioned in any of the previews)

Also its not Xen Aliens that are in major part of the conflict El3tro, it would be the Combin, Resistance, and the Antlion (independent alien race? or controlled, noones to sure bout this part of the info...)

I believe that antlions are xen critters.

And i also think that those "animals" (like headcrabs, bullsquids, antlions) from xen dont have any real purpose if not eating and killing stuff.

The situation is different with the most civilized creatures (slaves, etc)

uhm, but anyway something could force those "animals" to attack certain areas... i dont know....

Maybe the faction are:

Gordon Freeman and his friends
Rebels
Combine
Slaves
Xen slave-masters
Xen creatures
The Gman agency

nah, i wouldnt think the Antlions are Xen aliens. If they were they would have been mentioned in HL, but if not, another thing that points out they arent just regular animals because they have an insect social structure, or at least that of a military squad (due to the fact they have a "leader" the Bull Guard Antlion? i fergot wat it was called, within each group). So they would have at least, have played an important part within the Xen world.

I maybe wrong, we'll just havta c wen HL2 comes out :)

Originally posted by Speculator
nah, i wouldnt think the Antlions are Xen aliens. If they were they would have been mentioned in HL,

Uhm,
1) If you were in a research base pulling with hostile alien life and special operation soldiers that want to kill everything in sight, would you care mentioning the so fascinating species you have studied to a researcher with a dumb beard and dumb glasses?
2)Are you sure that they studied ALL living species from the ENTIRE xen world?
3) are you sure that the 100 % of alien fauna were in the three floating island that the xen chapter offered??

but if not, another thing that points out they arent just regular animals because they have an insect social structure, or at least that of a military squad (due to the fact they have a "leader" the Bull Guard Antlion? i fergot wat it was called, within each group). So they would have at least, have played an important part within the Xen world.

I maybe wrong, we'll just havta c wen HL2 comes out :)

So they are not regular animal, but regular insect. Well, a bit overgrown, but they are certainly not a civilized race.

haha i knew that someone would talk about the devestation in BM would interfere, so thats y i had the
"but.." in it

Yet with their ability to have a somewhat complicated tunnel system they use, it wouldnt be likely that they're Xen Aliens which, base on the geology we've seen, is somewhat a gas planet. Hence the many floating islands everywhere.

Originally posted by Speculator
haha i knew that someone would talk about the devestation in BM would interfere, so thats y i had the
"but.." in it

Yet with their ability to have a somewhat complicated tunnel system they use, it wouldnt be likely that they're Xen Aliens which, base on the geology we've seen, is somewhat a gas planet. Hence the many floating islands everywhere.

Well, for me xen didnt make sense at all, it looked like a bunch of floating island in a strange looking dimension. There is no sign of visible planetoid btw.

But my theory is that somewhere very huge and big floating island exists, were critters like the antlions lives.

Uhmn, i'd like to read other ppl's impression\theories about xen..

Back