Dino D-Day Coming out on the Portal 2 engine?

BakonGuy

Combine
Reaction score
Dino D-Day is coming out soon, used to be a source mod I guess? I've never heard of it until today but from what I've gathered it seems to be using the portal 2 engine.

Here's a Link

This is just an assumption, but maybe it would be a nice preview of what the portal 2 revision of the source engine will bring. Anyway, just to say were this assumption came from, the screenshots show dynamic lighting used in ways not available before p2 (aka not env_projectedtexture), and also the system requirements almost match that of portal 2.

Thoughts?

There are definitely some post-processing effects added to those screenshots.

Also, lol $19.99.

Was worth hoping for I guess. I wonder why a game like this has a 3ghz requirement?

This game was originally a mod that they further developed into a game... It is not on the Portal 2 engine.

There is no "portal 2" engine... Its using source, same as hl2, css.... It obviously has had more features added but its still source.

I know what source is I'm developing on it. It has different revisions though and they are referred to as L4D engine, Portal 2 Engine, Orangebox engine and so on

I'm guessing it's based on the Alien Swarm version (there's a swarm_base folder).

Thats probably it, it explains the 3ghz requirement. I should've figured valve wouldn't let them use the updated engine, I guess I was just hopeful.

I would of thought the reason why is during D-D-Day development, Valve were still working on Portal 2?

Back