Dino-Instinct Update

A

Azlan

Dino-Instinct is a Counterstrike inspired mod using teams of dinosaurs instead of humans. Each dinosaur will have specific skills, varying levels of Speed, Strength, and Range. Obviously, most attacks with be of the melee variety seeing as dinosaurs can't use guns. However, certain dinos will be able to spit acid (ala Jurassic Park), which will have the same effect as a flash bang in Counterstrike (blinds player for a certain amount of time). In addition, dinosaurs with long or armored tails will be able to power their tails up (kind of like the sniper rifle in Team Fortress) for a slow, but lethal attack. [br]</br>In addition, several game types are planned. Currently, there are three concepts planned: Eat the other dinosaurs food (using a dead dinosaur as food) against a team of dinosaurs protecting their food (the dead dino the other team is trying to get), Free for all (dm style), and Capture the Food (CTF style, both teams go after the others food. I assume this means using an Offense and Defense for both teams). [br]</br>They have released a ton of new map screenshots to show just how far along they are.[br][br]To visit this mods website, click here.

Looks pretty good. I wonder how long it will take someone to yell Counter-Strike Clone!!!!1

WritingARequiem said:
Looks pretty good. I wonder how long it will take someone to yell Counter-Strike Clone!!!!1

COUNTER STRIKE CLONE!!!!!!!!11111111 :p

Maps look OK. Definately could be better.

After looking at those screenshots of the exterior showing all the windows.
.. did anyone else get the sudden urge to shoot them, send toilets through and jump through them all?

I did! :D

-Alix

Taken off of Dino-Instinct's page:
About
The Description Behind Dino-Instinct

Dino-Instinct will be a first person multiplayer where you will be a dinosaur. Each Dinosaur will have special skills in which you will become stronger every time you kill. The skill will consist in Range, Speed, and Strength. The majority of the game is melee attacks but with some range attacks due to limiting the running such as acid spit that can serve as a flash bang (blinds the opponent). Some of the melee attack will differ some will have power ups such as a the tail whip attack that will power-up and will attack slow but deadly (insta-gib) sort of like an awp.

First concept would be a defusal where one pack (team) of dino has to eat the other pack food without getting killed (defuse). The other protecting pack needs to protect their food in the given time they have 5 min or so. A dead dino will be the defusal (being eaten).

Other concept would be obviously a free for all

And last will be a capture the flag where they got to steal the food and bring it back to there base.

As for the dinos they will be able to do lots of things such as, stomp, knockdown, acid spit, roar ( stuns dino for certain amount of time), ram, pounce, and much more.

I came to the conclusion that their biggest inspiration is Counterstrike. I think its a fair assetment to make.

where are the player renders? The player render/animation is what will make this mod look cool or look stupid...i'm not interested if it looks like nanosaur 2 or something equally gay...

Azlan said:
Taken off of Dino-Instinct's page:

I came to the conclusion that their biggest inspiration is Counterstrike. I think its a fair assetment to make.

Ah, now I understand :]. Now it's them who make funny comparisons :]

I think its looks original for be about dinosaurs

maybe they say to compare it to CS cuz they are 2 teams?

I don't see anything wrong with using counterstrike's gameplay as a base to work from. Obviously, it works.

Alix Mcdean said:
After looking at those screenshots of the exterior showing all the windows.
.. did anyone else get the sudden urge to shoot them, send toilets through and jump through them all?

I did! :D

-Alix

I SURE DID!! :D

I was just thinking, damn, shame dinosaurs dont have rocket launchers to blow all those windows out!! :afro:

I think that a mod involving dinosaurs would be better if it were human v. dinosaur.

Plenty of options there, that way.

Just my opinion.

I think they should take screenshots at lower resolutions. Maybe 10 pixels by 6 pixels. Cause the lower your resolution your monitor is at, the more awesome your mod looks.

WHY DO MODS NOT TAKE BETTER CARE TO RELEASE HI QUALITY PICTURES?!?! I mean, do you want to people to think of your mod as low quailty? Well then, by all means, release screenshots at low resolution, and then use really low jpg compression to round out the evening.

It's like they don't even care what it looks like. All the time spent on those maps and such...and they can't take the time to crank their settings and get their maps looking their best.

waa waaa waaa waaa at least their releasing SOMTHING ;)

is this the same mod with the colorful dino models? I like the concept, son't really like the cs gameplay though.

more then dino versus human, how about dinos versus aliens?

I think that this mod is going to be not good. The way they have it just doesn't sound like it will work. Either movement will be awkward, or shooting and all kinds of wierd stuff with such a strange idea. On top of all that they better have some damn good gameplay to compensate their blocky and poorly textured maps. After mapping myself with Hammer you realize that maps like that only take about 5 minutes and leave alot to be desired.

Anyway why are there buildings in a game with only dinosaur vs. dinosaur. Doesn't make sence, If it where human vs. dinosaur ala Jurassic park style then it would have made sence but now come on make some lush forestmaps instead...

When discussing the mod with my team, CS never came up.

How does having teams make a mod a cs clone. So is it fair to say that HL2:DM is a cs clone? That HL2:CTF is a cs clone? Bah :frog:

Yeah those windows are just sirens aren't they?

Back