DirectX Tutorials?

BadBruzer

Reaction score
Do any of you know where I can find some directx tutorials. I have a good hang on c++ and would like to move on to the gaming area. So if you could provide links to some good directx tutorials I would be greatful.

wow your a nub. GOTO freaking microsoft and search for direct sdk and you WILL GET EVERY BEEPING BULLSHIT THING YOU JUST ASKED FOR!
Anyway, If you think you are going to start out in C++ without any programming skills then get a life. You will quickly find that the code is very long and you will give up after five minutes.
oh, C++ is an easy language. but it is harder than visual basic. if you can't figure out visual basic then goto college.

BadBruzer said:
Do any of you know where I can find some directx tutorials. I have a good hang on c++ and would like to move on to the gaming area. So if you could provide links to some good directx tutorials I would be greatful.

A reasonable question...

jackofthetrade32 said:
wow your a nub. GOTO freaking microsoft and search for direct sdk and you WILL GET EVERY BEEPING BULLSHIT THING YOU JUST ASKED FOR!
Anyway, If you think you are going to start out in C++ without any programming skills then get a life. You will quickly find that the code is very long and you will give up after five minutes.
oh, C++ is an easy language. but it is harder than visual basic. if you can't figure out visual basic then goto college.
... and a absolutley pathetic and uncalled for response...

Anyways, here's a list of resources you might find usefull : http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=24

jackofthetrade32 said:
Did you even read the questions?

I don't think we need that kind of attitude on this forum. I'd like the coding forum to remain friendly and helpful as long as i'm here. As such, jackofthetrade32 will no longer be logging in to this site :)

I don't care about what jackofthetrade32 said cause I do have experiance. I program java,php,vb, html and I can do c++ but I am now trying to learn more in the area of c++ to get more advanced. You gotta start somewhere. Anyways why I asked cause I know some sites have very good tutorials like nehe for opengl does.

Every community will have people like jackofthetrade32. Just good thing they don't last long.

I think you can get a lot of information from the DirectX9 SDK. I'm only starting C++ right now, so I'm sorry I can't recommend any good books.

and you can just read the DX SDK Documentation .. people say it's very good you don't even need other tutorials. but tbh I didn't read it so I dunno.

I second that on the DX SDK. It has alot of info in a handy .chm file and examples are helpfull

jackofthetrade32 said:
Hey! Wouldn't it be cool to just SLAM anyone who thinks asking a question might be a good idea?

That's a good pointer about the MS site. Butt the abuse is all about you, not the question.

--
Edit: And I just noticed how old the post was, so guess I'm due a reaming. :dork:

you could learn the basics of winapi (how to create a wnd) first, that isn't that hard: http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

direct3D tuto's: imho, those @gamedev.net can learn it well. The Directx SDK samples & "tutos" aren't (imho) that good, they don't explain things "noob"-friendly.

I've just been playing about with C# and now im disparing at the thought of having to go back to C++ for HL2 :(

Back