DM Crossfire:Source

this map=ubercool, the dark atmosphere kicks ass

:) I've played a bit of it today on a server, I really suck, but I'm proud of it !

Oh, I thought of something you could add to help in the atmosphere department (although it might take some resources, but shouldn't be too much). The citadel in the sky-box directly behind the bunker. Would just tie the whole thing together, I think.

Yup, I have already tried. But I couldn't figure how to do the clouds on top of it and it looked absolutely weird.

Howether, I have revisited the torture chamber, expect a little surprise on the next release ;)

Hmm, the ones I've looked at in-game just seem to have the building itself going transparent as it gets higher, so what look like clouds is really just the background skymap coming through. If that helps at all.

Although one thing to keep in mind with the default citadel is that it's got those 5-6 big fat cables coming out of it that end nowhere - it might be possible for you to see the "ending nowhere" bits from parts of your map, in which case you'd need to do some editing.

The model for the citadel is actually really huge. There's also 4-5 models. Maybe I haven't tried the good one. I'm launching hammer right now to take a look. But I'll have to rework my skybox, again (doh, lol).

I've looked, If I want to use a Citadel, I havbe to change my skybox, environment lighting, and everything. All Citadels are to be seen in counter-light, in fog, and with grey clouds over them, or from a distance.......

It would change completely the atmosphere..... :-/ So I think I'll keep it like this.....

Magic-Sim said:
I've looked, If I want to use a Citadel, I havbe to change my skybox, environment lighting, and everything. All Citadels are to be seen in counter-light, in fog, and with grey clouds over them, or from a distance.......

It would change completely the atmosphere..... :-/ So I think I'll keep it like this.....
how about adding the nova prospect thing in the background. you know, the big steal structure that sits behind the prison.

Good idea, but I can't touch it anymore soon : version 1.1 is released today and it will be on the cover disc of a UK mag.

You can find version 1.1 here : http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/crossfire_source/DM_Crossfire_Source_1-1.zip

1.1 : Torture chamber has been decorated a bit to be be more like a torture chamber.
Tuned bunker alarm sound to be less annoying. It'll ring once per entrance and not 5 times.
Vertical pipes in tunnel have proper player clip brushes.
Combine MegaCharger has now it's green light going off when charger is empty. It'll return at refill.
Added cubemaps (VALVe finally fixed the command buildcubemaps).
Tweaked heavily cubemapped areas lighting to better suit to cubemapped surfaces.

u do a chicken dance 7 times around the combine thumper that's directly infront of the base. That will trigger the nuke.

He means activate.

One thing I noticed about your map, although I still haven't managed to play it online (come on servers with decent pings!) is that it seems to take a lot longer for the nuke to explode than in the other crossfire remakes (I suspect they are a tad on the short time), and by my memory of the original crossfire your's is also on the tardy side.

I suppose this is probably a good thing though, because currently you basically have 1 shot at getting inside the bunker from the other side of the map, and if you die, you're toast.

In fact I did this in the prupose of contenting people wanting the nuke (they can play with it now) and people hating it (ie playing on nuke disabled map). A sort of compromise.

there are a lot of servers with the map. if you want to add machine guns to the fort where the bomb is activated (which would be really cool) try and see if you can get them to run properly in hl2dm.

here is the map:

Great map! I got one suggestion. Can you make that big blue dumpster bin a VPhysics object?

You know, there are other textures you can use for the exteriors of the buildings in the courtyard. Some variety would go a long way.

As it stands now, it's certainly a decent remake of crossfire, but it could use more work. I think I have played an earlier version of this map on a random server, and if so then you've got some serious scaling issues in my opinion. The courtyard seems larger than the original, and it's just too big for HL2DM's slower movement. I could be confusing people's maps though, so sorry if that's the case.

This wasn't the same map ;)

Crossfire source is not crossfire 2.

Also, for the concrete textures, it makes odd things if you use more than one texture outside. Concrete is concrete. Crossfire is all about concrete.

Evil^Milk said:
there are a lot of servers with the map. if you want to add machine guns to the fort where the bomb is activated (which would be really cool) try and see if you can get them to run properly in hl2dm.

here is the map:

I tried it and it doesn't work. Even by incorporating the whole entity set....

Back