DM Crossfire:Source

M

Magic-Sim

Download link : http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/crossfire_source/DM_Crossfire_Source.zip

Version 1.0 :imu:

====================================================================

Half-Life² Deathmatch Map

================================================================
Title : Crossfire:Source
Version : 1.0
Release Date : 19/12/2004
Filename : DM_Crossfire_Source.bsp
Author : Magic-Sim
Email Address : [email protected]
Web Page : http://www.3dfxspirit.com

Description : Initially, I wanted to port Crossfire to the Source Engine for a Crossfire fan friend. Finally, it became a mix of the original Crossfire : Bunker, arena, etc, with the HL² philosophy : Combine technology, physics gameplay, gorgeous graphics...... I am not a die-hard multiplayer gamer (I am mostly a singleplayer), but my goal was to iron a map which would give people much fun. I hope I haven't failed.

Construction time : Merely 4 weeks. Well, more if we count original experimentations with the original Source SDK.

Technical notes : Turrets aren't working, sadly. But the bomb is and there's a nifty alarm to signal those going to Boost health & ammo into the bunker or trigger the bomb......

Credits : First, thanks to the original Author at VALVe Software. I also want to thank all the people playtesting it before initial release, and also, XaTriX who asked to put the map on the Hardware.fr server to stress it, and OES <ho brought it to a lan party. Finally, I must thank someone special. I dunno if she'll recognize herself

Bug reporters : B-S ; Gandarius ; Inek ; Mancasters ; Master_Jul ; OES ; thibw ; XaTriX

================================================================
--- Play Information ---
Game : Half-Life² : DeathMatch

Level Name : Crossfire:Source

Game Type : 2 to 12
Single Player : nope
Deathmatch : yep
Other : No
Multiplayer : yep
New Sounds : nah.
New Graphics : Sadly, not.
New Props : nope.
Known bugs : Blue barrels won't behave normally to gun shots.

--- Construction ---
Editor(s) used : Hammer 4.0
Base : Original Crossfire.

--- Changelog ---
RC3 :
Bottles are now respawnable in old hivehand room.
Geiger-Müller counter sound added in the torture chamber.
Mis-aligned fence corrected over crates pile near damaged lift.
Clip-brush added to clear the main bunker door of physics ojects while closing.
Prop_dynamic gas_tank changed to laundry cart because of invisible base.
Disabled entrance alarm for the period of strike alarm to avoid double sirens.
Added sound to strike button.
Moved bottles a little in old hivehand room.
Modified visibility distances for bottles and boxes in old hivehand room.

RC2 :
Put clip brushes ceiling more towards the top of the map.
Fixed the bug allowing players to go through the clip brushes.
Nodraw textures fixed on left-top-side of the right bunker window.
Fixed a floor texture under the lift in front of the bunker.
All sinks are now breakable for more consistency.
Railings have now player clip brushes to avoid stucking, while letting bullets go through.
Collision for tunnel pipes changed from VPhysics to Bounding box to avoid getting caught by a pipe.
Tree position altered to avoid the irruption of a root near the sinks.
Hammer and APC wreck positions altered to avoid floating over the floor.
Fixed elevators. You won't need to press two times the button to trigger the lifts.
Tweaked the elevator bug to simulate a badly working elevator on the far left corner of the map (from bunker view).
Added sparks and smokes to the damaged elevator call button.
Fixed some wall mounted lights rendering strangely.
Slightly delayed env_hurt trigger by the bomb to enable earing of mortar sound.

RC1 :
Changed light strength for Thumper.
Corrected the black square bug near torture chair & hev charger.
Corrected the placement of the ladder_dismount for the top end of the left bunker ladder.
Moved a bit back the func_button of the lifts, they were blocking some players, thus, killing them......
Moved a bit the rocks on the arena ledge near the 357 Magnum.
Added Playerclip brush to the crossbow electric wire holder to prevent stucking.
Suppressed respawn counter for crates, sinks and toilets to avoid their infinite multiplication.
Adjusted the number of exploding barrels from 18 to 19 to max value in the respawn counter, No more doubling of barrels should occur.
Added clip brushes to avoid the loss of projectiles (scannes, radiators, etc).
Adjusted position of computer consoles in the bunker to avoid float.
Added wind to wires.
Improved bunker alarm volume.
Added Nuke sequence (button, sounds, gfx effects, hurt and doors).

RC0 :
Initial Release.

Installation
------------
Unrar the file DM_Crossfire_Source.bsp into your x:\..\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\yourlogin\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp\maps directory.
Well........ Start the Engine.

Copyright / Permissions
-----------------------
This level is copyrighted by Simon Thorel, 2004.
Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this BSP through any electronic network (internet, FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.

----------------------
2004 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Half-Life, the Half-Life logo, the Lambda logo, Steam, the Steam logo, Team Fortress, the Team Fortress logo, Opposing Force, Day of Defeat, the Day of Defeat logo, Counter-Strike, the Counter-Strike logo, Source, the Source logo, Valve Source and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation.

======================================================================

Screenshots

http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/crossfire_source/dm_crossfire_source0000.jpg

http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/crossfire_source/dm_crossfire_source0001.jpg

http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/crossfire_source/dm_crossfire_source0002.jpg

The perfect remake IMO.
But it runs well, doesn't it?

this is a very beautiful map, really fun moreover ! :afro:

I hope it will be one of the most played on the web, it must be a classic like Crossfire was a few years ago ;)

The water is a really good idea !

Magic-Sim, if I were you I'd put better screenshots. We can't see the water pretty well. Put one where we see boxes in water and another with what you add in front of the bunker ;)

No prob mate, I'm gonna shoot this asap ;)

Migas_tx > It should run well, the map didn't enter public testing (RC0 --> RC2 ) before I was satisfied with the framerate. I wanted ti to play as smoothly as Valve's maps.

Magic-Sim said:
No prob mate, I'm gonna shoot this asap ;)

Migas_tx > It should run well, the map didn't enter public testing (RC0 --> RC2 ) before I was satisfied with the framerate. I wanted ti to play as smoothly as Valve's maps.

Cool! I'm going to start playing it now.
Then I post my opinion! ;)

thats 10 times better than any of the other xfires iv seen!

well done

I've just played it, and I love it!

It lags a bit on some parts, but the rest perfect!
Great work! :D

Thank you very much, I'm glad you love it. I also assumed that people will be having computers more and more powerfull. When I first played HL, it was a lot more laggy :D

Although this is way better than any of the others we do have crossfire remakes already. Can't someone make a source version of doublecross? Very good job anyway :LOL:

Sadly, I don't like DoubleCross much, and The ovther remakes didn't please me. Also, I started the work early, before HL² release (Worked under CS at first, lol ).

It seems to run pretty choppy, but it looks great. I was running around on my own locked server and it still seemed to be pretty choppy.

Maybe you should practice then. It is not so difficult. you know, at first I decided to wipe off the lifts for ladders. I wasn't able to code one. But, well, I finally managed it ;) And know, we have an alarm fr the bunker, the nuke.... :)

here's my comments, I apologize in advance for my brutally honest comment but that's the kind that u learn the most from.

The map has a long way to go. The lift needs some serious work. My view gets stuttery when I board the lift. Use it often enough and I will get a serious headache. The map is too dark, detracts from the original crossfire. The dark setting really killed the map. We need more sunshine! The blue barrel inside the container just robs the player of a hiding place, like it's placed there "because we can" kind of thing. Water isn't apparent doesn't enhance the look of the map because of the lighting.

A good try though IMO. Radiators are placed well and weapon placement follows the original faithfully. I like that. The Combine ladder is beautiful . Button isn't readily apparent, but that's good cause the newcomers to the map will be at a disadvantage when searching for the button.

the lift is a problem that can only be fixed by valve

and thers to much junk in the back yard

gg whores map

SLickz, tastes and colours depend of each individual. Some thought that the dark setting helped to create an atmosphere to the map.

It is not a rough port, there's things added to it. I didn't want to make a straight port "oh look, I've imported the BSP and textures and that's all". I've worked quite a lot to do more than this. I don't think that it is too dark. In HL, you have a flashlight, you can use it to clear a bit your way :). Water is more than apparent. I don't know which kind of display you use, but it is apparent. It isn't darker than areas designed by Valve where there was water (end of water hazard for instance).

For the blue barrels. Well, you have a grav_gun, no ? It has been done on purpose to block a little bit the way for people to hide. If people just could hide easily, it wouldn't be fun. The grav_gun, the novelty from HL² over HL enables the player to take these barrels and send them to oblivion (well, elsewhere).

Thanks for your remarks, but I must remind people that design choices are design choices. They can please, or not. For the time being, I must say that they please a lot of people, and I'm glad of it :)

SoicBoom > you're right, the same problem is plagging ladders, but less visibly.

Normally, we shouldn't use lifts in mp..... First versions of C:S were with ladders. But crossfire without a lift..... It isn't crossfire, even if it is a remake.

I'm confused: is this the same map that's being played as crossfire_b2, or is this a different remake of the same map?

it is a different remake. i started this map way before crossfire 2 popped as beta and wanted to continue.

Downloaded.

You ARE submitting this to the comp. right?
And is this the final, definitive x-fire?

Only looking at the screenshots, don't have time to play right now.

I must agree with SLickz, it's too dark. It may be atmospheric, sure, but if the map is too dark, people simply won't want to play on it. Imagine being in team MP and trying to tell if the dark blob in the distance is a combine or a resistance member...

There's a remake of Gasworks as well, where the top-side is at night, and it's entirely too dark and makes the map aweful to play. I suspect this could the case here. Although I'll reserve further judgement until I can have a go at it.

screenshots are darker than real map (think gamma correction).

Also, HL has a flashlight, use it. I use it in dark areas.

In overwatch or lockdown, if you don't use a little the flashlight, you may encounter situations where you can't identify people insight. That's a bit normal.

In fact it has already been playtested quite heavily, and people didn't complain about lighting.

flash light is disabled in some servers,
lanthanide said:
Imagine being in team MP and trying to tell if the dark blob in the distance is a combine or a resistance member...
flashlight doesnt light things up on a long distance
and u shudnt need to use it anyway

flashlight is realistic in some sort.

Servers shouldn't disable it. You can't have only bright areas in a map. There are some in my map.

Juste see this as another way to develop skills too. Otherwise, why don't we put small arrows over payers' head to show them + brightskins, etc....... :-/

Magic-Sim said:
screenshots are darker than real map (think gamma correction).

Also, HL has a flashlight, use it. I use it in dark areas.

In overwatch or lockdown, if you don't use a little the flashlight, you may encounter situations where you can't identify people insight. That's a bit normal.

In fact it has already been playtested quite heavily, and people didn't complain about lighting.
Using a flashlight in DM is suicide.

Anyway, nice map, but a little too dark/sp :)

If everyone is forced to use it, it is a suicide for everybody, isn't it ? It is then fair.

And you have to develop skills : ie learn to play as efficiently as possible with the less light possible.

Otherwise, would you tell the strange capabilities of the tau cannon fair ? Wallhack, laphack, etc had to be mastered. Well, here is another thing to learn. :)

And I wnat to rememeber that lockdown has some dark passages too.

First off, I absolutely love this map, best re-make in source of an original map by a long shot. Great work, I particularly love your use of ambient sounds, it really sets your map apart from other mappers who don't pay attention to sounds. I had a run-around the map and it's not actually too dark (in large spaces) at all. Only part that is pretty dark is the combine bunker, and that's ok.

I did find some bugs in the map however and some things that could/should be changed (IMO) just to add the final polish. I'll start with the bugs:

- I was able to stop the main bunker door from shutting properly by wedging the water-dispensor machine under it. I couldn't tell if the occupants inside would still die when the bomb went off with the door jammed like this because when I went near the door, it killed me automatically (no, it wasn't the bomb, I tried approaching from several directions and died each time). So it seems that the door was still trying to close shut, and when you go near it, you die - jammed under it?

This was a major problem, because once the door is jammed like this, it will never open up again, and it's impossible to punt the drink-machine out from under the door. The result - the main door to the bunker is stuck for the rest of the game, and if you go near it you will die instantly. I have screenshots I can send you if you'd like to have a looksee at what I did.

- The console has a list of errors popping up while you look at it: "ambient/energy/zap1.wav was not precached(0)". Also zap2 and zap3 have this error.

- Not very much of a problem, but the stack of boxes by the magnum. If you destroy them at different times, they will re-spawn at different times. Interesting things happen here because a few boxes spawn, and their presence stops the other boxes from respawning. So you come back again, and instaed of finding 6 boxes all stacked, you find 3-4. If you destroy the 3-4 that are there (use the magnum), the other boxes will immediately spawn out of nowhere on top of them again. A bit strange.

Things that should/could be changed:

- I really hate the loud droning (siren/clanging?) noise coming from the combine complex, I think it makes this noise while the bomb is recharging, because it went away eventually? I also seemed to be able to hear it from the otherside of the map (I was no-clipping around so perhaps that bugged it). I know you've put it there for the ambiance and atmosphere, but I REALLY hate it and it gets on my nerves, making the map less fun to play. I still think it would be perfectly atmosphereic without this sound. I think that what I will do if you don't change this sound is actually open up my game files and make that sound-file 75% quiter, because I think I will be playing your map a lot and if I don't this will drive me insane.

- There is a ladder on the combine-thumper, yet you can't climb it? You could during the single player maps. This could make an interesting sniper spot, if you put some health/bolts up there.

- There are some pipes that are vertically placed on the wall in the little tunnel that connects the inner courtyard to the outer field. It is possible to catch yourself and stop-dead while running through this tunnel. Yes, they look nice, but they impede gameplay, so I think they should be removed (or replaced - something going along the ceiling?).

- Some blood in the interrogation room, and why are the walls in there so drastically different from everything else? Looks a bit weird.

- Compared to the other Crossfire remakes for HL2, your one seems to be missing a couple of health chargers around the inner complex - was the other map wrong, or is yours? Be nice to see them there anyway, and there is not very much health around in your one.

- The combine recharger unit in the bunker has a green light on it that is always on, whether the charger is full of health or not. This is very annoying. It -is- possible to tie a light to a recharger unit that turns off/on depending on whether the charger is full or not (see the Stalkyard map - the orange rechargers). I think it would be nice if you also took the lights that were used on the stalkyard map around the charger maps and added to yours - the orange glow for the recharge units and blue ones for the health.

- Probably too many exploding barrels in the inner courtyard. This is where people spawn, and it's bad enough that you can kill them instantly with the crossbow/rocket launcher/SMG grenade, let along blow up the barrels next to them. Then again, it would also give those players a chance at kill the enemy. However regular barrels would also do that - if they are next to the spawning player, they are in no danger of being exploded, but they also have the ability to pick the barrels up and use as shields/weapons.

- The old HEV charger plate can't be picked up by the grav gun, why?

Hi thanks for your post.

*Bunker door : I have already put a system that avoids blocking in most cases. howether, you've seen it's not perfect. Howether, the only way to be able to avoid completely the problem is to deny the possibility for a VPhysics object to go through the door. annoying too. Had to make a choice.

*sound caching : just enabled the sparks for the damaged lift and the console reported this. Sounds not cached is not a big deal at all, the maps continues working, and it did not do any impact on performance. Apparently.

*Crates near magnum. Not a very big problem I think. Would be awefull, howwever, to script a rolled respawn for crates.

*Bunker alarm. Well, it's a bunker alarm signaling that someone is going through the main door. I had the exact opposite complain, it wasn't loud enough. A new release may come once, it will be fine tuned. For the time being, it appears that during firefights, it isn't so loud.

*ladder on combine thumper : I tried, but the ladder just didn't work. Velve must have done something special. It's like turrets, currently, they simply don't work.

*blood in interrogation room. Well, I dunno, there's so much water everywhere that bllod should have dissolved with time ;) Also, it is a dark area, i imagined that it wasn't necessary to have another graphical overhead (I prefer to work on visible things).

*pipes : I don't collide with them and have not had any report for now. If there is another release, I'll add noclip brushes like in official maps to force the player to slide on it instead of being stuck.

*health chargers : yes and no, if you take into account the combien recharger, you'll see that the amount of helth is strictly the same (even better with suit energy) thant in original crossfire. you don't have much helth in crossfire.

*combine recharger : when I did it, I was a complete noob with I/O (it was way before I could manage to have a working lift). Then, I forgot about it. I'll see what I can do for another release.

*normally, there's only 1 spawn point in the inner courtyard. also, they only respawn when the 19 of them are destroyed, thus, they don't respawn too often.

*Old HEV plate : Haven't tried in Kleiner's lab, but there is simply no option to enable physcannon physics on it. It has been put here for decoration purpose (souvenir of old Crossfire).

Thank you for your intervention.

Notes are taken.

- Bunker door: yes, you did have to make a choice, however this really is a map-breaking problem, where a large, critical part of the map is bugged for the rest of the play-time. Particularly a problem because if you go near it, you instantly die - curious people get hurt for their curosity, unless they already know about the problem. Sure, there are other ways to get in, but this is the main way. Would it be possible to be able to force the bunker door to automatically open itself again, rather than being stuck? Or have it try and close, if stopped just roll up again (and thus kill everyone inside the bunker still - turning a bug/problem into a strategy).

- Yeah, just thought I'd mention it.

- Crates aren't really a problem, just thought I'd mention it. Could you make it so they don't all respawn until all of them are destroyed, like the explosive barrels do?

- Ah hah, I didn't realise that. In that case it's probably not that bad, I was just running around maddly and it seemed to always be playing for no reason (but it was simply because I was going in an out). Very good idea, however IMO the specific sound used is very annoying, dunno if there's anything else appropriate/available to use. What if they fall down the vents by the guns, does it sound then?

Would it be possible to have an overwatch voice that says "miscount detected" or "intruder detected" or something like that instead? The current klaxon sound lasts for quite a long time, so it's kind of strange. Also, instead of making it really loud (so it could be heard on the other side of the map), just make it play from the speakers on the other side of the map, so overall it is quieter (so when you're next to it you aren't deafened), but it can still be heard.

- Pity about the ladder, oh well.

- Yeah, just meant on the wall. Was a fairly minor niggle, its just that room seems half-completed. It's like there's just a chair sitting in the corner for no reason at all. Something like in Lockdown with lights and a computer nearby, or blood, or -something- to make it look like it's actually used for something, rather than just randomly being stuck there for no reason (looks amatuerish).

- Yeah, not sure if you would collide during play, just saw it as a potential problem that might as well be fixed.

- Oops, seems you've misunderstood what I meant by 'inner complex'. There are 3 parts to the map as I've named it: the combine bunker, the field in front (outer-complex, including the ladders and the rooms with windows) and then the inner complex which is the inner courtyard bit with the rocket and all the surrounding rooms. So in the inner courtyard there isn't enough health chargers around compared to the other maps - rooms have an energy charger and a health charger, while yours just has an energy charger.

- Cool :)

- Ok. Was just comparing to the other maps where there are 3 player starts in there, which is quite different. Should be fine, in this case.

- Weird. It's in MrMoff's stalkyard map too, I was pretty sure that you could pick it up in his one, have to go back and check it seems.

Couple more comments I forgot to mention the first time

- I don't like the buttons on the lifts. I'm not sure if the original crossfire had it, but the other remakes just have lifts that automatically raise for you. This saves a lot of time during gameplay where you may end up dead if you try and stop and press a button and miss. I think not having buttons is a little less realistic, but in terms of gameplay it really speeds it up and it's less irritating.

- There's perhaps a little too many large objects in the outer area (vending machine, office table etc). I find objects that you can't pick up with the grav gun to be really annoying. Also removing some/all of these would help to prevent the door-jamming problem I described.

- If you climb up the ladders to the gun lookouts, you can actually jump off the ladders and onto the side concrete parts with the force-fields. Currently you can only stand on the front bit with the back bits being player-clipped. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but IMO it would be great to allow players to go into these areas fully - it's a nice sniping spot if someone isn't expecting you there.

Keep up the great work, I love the detail in this map.

i like it except for the big pounder thing in the middle. gets annoying getting shaken all the time. plus its pounding concrete :)

Lanthanide :
*well there is no silver bullet here, I'm afraid. In my original Idea I wanted to make a clip for VPhysics that would push objects out of the and block them from the door, only when operating. Howether, I haven't guessed any way to make a clip entity move (no parentation possible).

*alarm : only the main entrance is monitored. I've tried several other sounds. This one caught me. Voices would not fit : there is nobody except players in the map. It is desertified.

*torture : putting a computer in a water saturated room would be amateurish. ^^ Well, I understand what you mean in fact. the thrown away argument could be used with other objects oo, like.... the water cans distributor. Doh ! o_O

*they are two health chargers in the inner complex, and two energy chargers. Yes, they are ! And they are at the places of the original crossfire ones ;) If other maps added some, then, they have too much health in fact ;)

*you can't take appart maps from other people to pick the megacharger for instance. I copied it from lockdown, but I/O weren't retained.

*crossfire had buttons on the lifts. Other people are taking the easy way, coding buttons is quite harder (I had quite a big pain to make them work, the damaged lift is in fact a bugged one I left for gameplay purpose).

*big obhects are to replace the crates existing in the original crossfire. Yes, there are crates normaly there ;)

*I won't allow people to go there for two reasons : I would have to develop the scenery around the area a little more (IE, I would have to make the engine draw more of the bunker ==> kills performance). Also, on the original Corssfire, you couldn't stand there... Choices as always.

Thanks you very much for your interrest. I've looked for the alarm sound, I've put it from 80% to 50%, the megacharger's light functions now (normally ^^), and a clip brush has been put over the pipes.

I won't release another version too soon. I'll wait for Fileplanet and Hl2files to start hosting it, and wait for other little bug reports to come.

poseyjmac > generally speaking, people have loved the thumper. I can't please everyone, so I'll leave it ;) It makes the atmosphear oppressive, ideal for a tense deathmatch.

I like how well u respond to user comments. Keep it up! This kind of dedication will definately make the map that much better.

nothing against this version of crossfire.. just a general rant here..
i just wish all the servers would get rid of the buggy versions of this map and actually get the version where everything works perfectly.

i am tired of ladders, elevators and the sonic booms not working correctly :(

I really do appreciate your effort to listen to my ideas and come back with your reasons for them. Some other mappers I have talked to haven't, and it really just gives me the impression that they're lazy/arrogant and don't actually care about making their maps better - IMO most of my suggestions are fairly sensible and helpful. But then I would say that :)

Anyway, replying to your last lot of statements

*well there is no silver bullet here, I'm afraid.
- Ok, so long as you've looked into it. Hopefully you'll be able to think of some other way around it.

*alarm : only the main entrance is monitored. I've tried several other sounds. This one caught me. Voices would not fit : there is nobody except players in the map. It is desertified.
- Ok, cool. A deserted map doesn't mean there can't be voices though, I mean security systems still have pre-recorded messages (or klaxons...) that get played when triggered.

*torture : putting a computer in a water saturated room would be amateurish. ^^ Well, I understand what you mean in fact. the thrown away argument could be used with other objects oo, like.... the water cans distributor. Doh ! o_O
- Yeah, not strickly suggesting a computer, just anything. In fact, an old computer that has been shorted-out/ruined by the water or something would probably be the best thing to put in there. I dunno, I just think there needs to be SOMETHING in there in addition to the chair, looks to empty, and as I said, silly/amertuerish right now.

*they are two health chargers in the inner complex, and two energy chargers. Yes, they are ! And they are at the places of the original crossfire ones If other maps added some, then, they have too much health in fact
- Yeah, I suspected this might be the case, other people modifying the map. As to whether it was a good idea for them to do it, I'm not sure, I guess I'd need to play this map to see.

*you can't take appart maps from other people to pick the megacharger for instance. I copied it from lockdown, but I/O weren't retained.
- Yeah, I realise that. I just think adding additional lights to all the chargers is a nice/nifty effect.

*crossfire had buttons on the lifts. Other people are taking the easy way, coding buttons is quite harder (I had quite a big pain to make them work, the damaged lift is in fact a bugged one I left for gameplay purpose).
- Ah, ok, that's fine then. I'm still half-wanting automatic lifts, but if the original had it, that's good enough of a reason for me to use it again.

*big obhects are to replace the crates existing in the original crossfire. Yes, there are crates normaly there
- Yeah, I know, the green ones. The ones in the original crossfire couldn't move however...

*I won't allow people to go there for two reasons : I would have to develop the scenery around the area a little more (IE, I would have to make the engine draw more of the bunker ==> kills performance). Also, on the original Corssfire, you couldn't stand there... Choices as always.
- Ok, fair enough. I just thought it'd be a nifty place to go. I'm a pretty good camper because unlike most I vary my positions dramatically over-time so no one can simply come around the corner and fire a rocket off where I am 95% of the time, because I won't be there, so having these as a potential spot to snipe from just caught my attention.

Ok, I've worked out what I don't like about the klaxon and why I never realised it had to do with entering the bunker - the klaxon sound is played 3-5 times (seems to vary?) when you enter the bunker -once-. It should only be played once per entrance, and then it would be perfect - I can live with that, what I don't like is that it repeats so much and it's so loud and droning.

Perhaps the sound file itself is 4 'bleeps' long, in that case would it be possible to only play x seconds of it rather than the whole thing? Or would you need to include a custom sound in the map?

You're right, I can program the ambient generic for the amount of time needed to play only one revolution of the sound. After all, your right, to signal the entrance, we don't need it to ring that much. I'll do what I can, you have pointed something manageable here ;)

SLickz said:
I like how well u respond to user comments. Keep it up! This kind of dedication will definately make the map that much better.

I've done this map for my pleasure, but it is, after all, mainly for other's pleasure, that's normal to listen to them, I think ;)

Looks very nice m8, cant wait to get home and try it.
looks like a worthy rebuild

Back