Do you realize...

Apiary

Reaction score
That its only 3-4 h of game play left until we know the grand secret abaut whole thing...or at least some things that we all want it so much to discover(well maybe not...I hope not)!

And that, after this 3-4h of gameplay probablly nothing for a long,long time(well maybe not...I hope not)!!!

I just hope end of ep 3 will leave us with more questions then answers!!!!I really,really hope so!!

BTW:
WHAT IS FIRST THING THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU HEAR THIS SOUNDTRACK?
(just close your eyes and think of half life)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqejqb0YcmQ

I actually did what he said, closed my eyes and thought about half-life... but somehow I ended up thinking about twinkies.

I thought of Garry's Mod...I had that menu mod for it :p

I thought of the HL2 ending. Thats the credits song isn't it?

The first thing I thought of when I heard that song was NBA Basketball. And I hate basketball.

I tried to think of HL but all I could think of was easy women.

I thought of credits. That song is played over the credits of HL1. A remix of that song is played over some of the credits of HL2.

BTW unless you are a 1337 Pro Ep3 will take longer than 3-4 hours. On average Ep1 was 5.5 hours and Ep2 was nearly 7. I'm expecting Ep3 to be 8 or more hours long.

The song is more appropriate for a car driving video game. First thing that came into my mind was Trackmania. They have songs like this while you driving and jumping all that shit...

I thought of credits. That song is played over the credits of HL1. A remix of that song is played over some of the credits of HL2.

BTW unless you are a 1337 Pro Ep3 will take longer than 3-4 hours. On average Ep1 was 5.5 hours and Ep2 was nearly 7. I'm expecting Ep3 to be 8 or more hours long.

Ok maybe not 3-4h, but IT WAS said that it will take as much as ep 1 and ep 2 right?

Car commercial!

All it needs is a smooth feminine voice saying "The all new Saturn Vue!" or something of the sort.

Car commercial!

All it needs is a smooth feminine voice saying "The all new Saturn Vue!" or something of the sort.

Hhehehehe:LOL:
Well strange becouse I catually find this song really Half life like...you know when you play all the day and at the evening you look out throu the window and you hear this song and you remember of all combine that you killed...aaaa gooood times!!:(

Episode 3 won't be 3-4 hours long, 7 at minimum. (I'm guessing)
And we definatley won't find out the 'Grand secret'...

I'd rather keep gman a mystery, but at the same time reveal a lot about him.

G-man for me is synonymous to mystery. I dont want him to reveal what he 's really doing. Maybe in ep3 you get the pieces to figure it out yourself but you never see Gman actually confirming it. That would be cool

i have a feeling that ep3 will be quite a bit longer than even ep2 seeing as it was supposed to be at e3 and then wasnt and no ones heard anything about it since... theyre cookin up something amazing

Do you realize that episode 3 is going to consist of Gordon finding out that he actually was knocked unconscious at Black Mesa and he wakes up? That is the only part of the gameplay, the player clicks the LB of the mouse to a white screen and as it fades in Gordan sees a random doctor asking him if he's ok. None of this ever happened.

Do you realize that episode 3 is going to consist of Gordon finding out that he actually was knocked unconscious at Black Mesa and he wakes up? That is the only part of the gameplay, the player clicks the LB of the mouse to a white screen and as it fades in Gordan sees a random doctor asking him if he's ok. None of this ever happened.

Whoa dude! Just... WHOA! That wasn't even funny.

I hope E3 is not a big cliffhanger or I will be upset. I think I've waited enough years of my life to figure out who gman is and all this other stuff that I have no idea about.

For the music...

You ever wake up in the middle of the night with the tv on? The music behind those stupid advertising programs on at like 3am.

Lame. LAME! LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE! D:

1: I highly doubt Episode 3 will be a short 3-4 hour game like the first two episodes were. This final installment will be more than likely the length of HL2 considering the amount of time Valve is spending on it, plus the gaming community would be well beyond pissed if anything less than the best Half Life game Valve has produced.

2: Even though I really want to know who the G-man truly is... i have a feeling this will not be revealed in Episode 3. The mystery behind him is one of the biggest "mind ****s" in the history of gaming and has been a huge factor in why the Half Life series has been so successful. We may find out a few things about him, but Valve wont toss away one of the series most amazing characters. Chances are that we'll be left with more questions after Episode 3 than we do right now.

3: I'm sure EP3 will end with a big cliffhanger and definitely wont tie up all the loose ends.

1: I highly doubt Episode 3 will be a short 3-4 hour game like the first two episodes were. This final installment will be more than likely the length of HL2 considering the amount of time Valve is spending on it, plus the gaming community would be well beyond pissed if anything less than the best Half Life game Valve has produced.

2: Even though I really want to know who the G-man truly is... i have a feeling this will not be revealed in Episode 3. The mystery behind him is one of the biggest "mind ****s" in the history of gaming and has been a huge factor in why the Half Life series has been so successful. We may find out a few things about him, but Valve wont toss away one of the series most amazing characters. Chances are that we'll be left with more questions after Episode 3 than we do right now.

3: I'm sure EP3 will end with a big cliffhanger and definitely wont tie up all the loose ends.

1. It's an episode. Making it as long as HL2 defeats the purpose of delivering 'episodic' content. Also, the game would no doubt suffer big time from such a length. Just as HL2 did.

2. We'll definetly be finding out a few things, I'm sure.

3. Not necessairily a cliffhanger. Just a....transition from this arc to the next. That dosen't mean cliffhanger.

I personally liked that HL2 was long... i always felt like i needed more when i finished episodes one and two each in a single day
i hope ep3 is quite a bit longer especially considering the amount of time its taking to develop... of course it could also be due to them trying to add a new gameplay feature that will blow everyones minds but i have a feeling the mind blowing will come with HL3
idk... i could be wrong

Half-Life 2 did not suffer from length in any way, shape, or form. The length of the game made it amazing.

A few parts of the game were too long (all parts involving manhacks, especially the latter half of Route Kanal). But overall I think it was a good length. And if you complete Episode Two in one day, you need to get outside some more :)

That its only 3-4 h of game play left until we know the grand secret abaut whole thing...or at least some things that we all want it so much to discover(well maybe not...I hope not)!
The truth...you can never know the truth.

When i heard this soundtrack all i really had in mind was all the alien fights you go through in HL1, probably because i just played it again but hey!

And there's my cue to take out the cyanide tablets.

----------------
Now playing: Ben Folds - Before Cologne
via FoxyTunes

That idea was brought up a couple years ago...I mentioned most of our PCs would explode at the sight of 16 bit color...

I have a feeling EP3 will end with the Gman putting you back into stasis or something similiar.

So I closed my eyes and listened to the track and well...I got an image of me jumping over ditches, avoiding gun fire, while firing at evil mutated pies...but I digress.
I'd have to agree with nick 0123. Since it's going (or might) be the last episode until Half-life 3, I'm hoping Valve gives us more than 4 hours of adviser killing...

Episode 3 could end with Gordon finding a way of killing Gman or even Gordon putting Gman into stasis somehow lol i know it's sounds nutso but everythings possible in Half life, althought i would hate seeing the Gman die or even get close to dying, he is a figment of power and mystery at the moment, to see him in pain or to experience his death would ruin his role for me, much prefer him to continue living and mysteriously giving you the creeps everytime you see him

The mystery behind G-man is so big, Valve don't actually know yet either.

#1. There's no way Gman will be revealed.
#2. Nothing will happen to Alyx as she has already died and revived.
#3. Episode 3 will not end the series but will end the graphics testing episodes.
#4. Episode 3 will have a bigger ending to it than episode 2 that will have us crying for Half-Life 3 to be released so we can find out what heppens next.

I wouldn't mind finding about Gman's parents. They would be messed up!

#1. There's no way Gman will be revealed.
#2. Nothing will happen to Alyx as she has already died and revived.
#3. Episode 3 will not end the series but will end the graphics testing episodes.
#4. Episode 3 will have a bigger ending to it than episode 2 that will have us crying for Half-Life 3 to be released so we can find out what heppens next.

Agree, especialy on last one!!But still...they have to gives us at least some enswers...at least what is on Borealis...

And can please tell me someone did I misanderstoon or something but was it not said that Adrian is coming back??Or that is abaut time for him to come back??

Back