Do You Think There Will Be A Half-Life 3?

Kschreck

Reaction score
After all the stuff that happend to Valve, do you think there will be a Half-Life 3? I read in a magaizine interview with Gabe Newell that they plan to create another Half-Life, but this was when Half-Life 2 was first unveiled, so it could have changed. Tell me what you think!

Hell yeah! After HL2 is released and after a little promotional phase, I think they will take some much neede time off, and then get working on HL3. I just hope it won't be another 5 years.

Half-Life 3 has been confirmed. It was also said that HL2 will have an open ending like HL1, you'll still won't know all the details to the story.

To be honest I don't think we can rest assured that there will be a third, esspecially considering recent problems Valve have encountered.

If there will be a third, don't expect it anytime in the next 5 years. :)

If valve decides not to realize HL3, maybe another company will purchase the rights and create a third game.

Valve have said that they were proberly going to do it, they havn't confirmed anything. If HL2 is succefull then I think they will do it and I hope they take there time doing it.

Taking their time, both with HL2 and HL3, is definately a good thing. As impatient as I am about HL2 being released, I am happy just knowing that it will be released, unlike before last April, when there was no word whatsoever.

They did say they were planning on it.

Arcturus: I doubt tehy would give up their sprkling gem. But, if they did, it would most likely suck. I just don't see another Dev Team delivering the same experience.

I'm pretty confident in the eventual release of a HL3, but maybe I'm just blindly obsessed with HL :afro:

Well, I doubt they will need to create yet another engine for HL 3, so thats time saved. But, they may have axed the plan all together, which is leading to the delay... they need to write and create a good ending. That of course, is just my opinion. But they won't be too slow, this franchise is pretty good. :E

I'm fairly certain. In an interview with PC Gamer somebody from Valve (possibly Gabe) said that they feature closed the engine at the end of 2001 or 2002 and all the features or technology that weren't ready would have to wait for the third one.

Back