Do you think Valve should help bring back old DOS games similar to ROTT?

Zink

Headcrab
Reaction score
I recently had a nostalgia attack for this one game called "The Pursuit of Greed". The game itself was similar to Doom and ROTT(Rise Of The Triad). There were many characters to choose from like a cyborg to a lizard. The main point of the game was to collect treasures until the primary treasure appeared. That means that the player would have to survive until the main treasure appeared. Once the player got the main treasure, he would need to find a secondary treasure to complete the level. It was a very old DOS game with a good soundtrack from what I remember. I think SOFTDISK was the company that produced the game. It would awesome if Valve could bring this game back or remake it like ROTT, except with a multiplayer function. That also goes for other DOS games that are almost extinct like Hexen: Beyond Heretic, Blake Stone: Planet Strike, and Turok

Usually the producers just bring the games to Steam themselves. I don't think that Valve is going to bring in a lot of specific games, except if there is a very high number of potential customers, which there isn't. Sorry Pal.

But I agree, it would be pretty cool to see some of the very old DOS games. And play them without running that damn DOSbox.

Back