doctor who series 5 this saturday

Hopefully the weeping angels episode is half as good as Blink.

Memories of last seasons flashing back! RAGE RISING! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

HOT MAD, HOT SMASH!

well with that twat tennant out of the picture, i'll at least give this a go. can't say i've much high hopes for it as that trailer looked pretty woeful, but whatever.

Karen Gillan

Christopher Eccleston was a great doctor.

Misheard the Dalek, thought it said 'IT'S BIGGINS'.

Would be entirely believable. They're running out of British people to put in the show and his presence would go some way to maintaining the incredibly high flamboyance ratio set in the RTD years. There's a big gaping Barrowman hole to fill after all.

That's innuendo too.

Ahhh been looking forward to this, I have high hopes that Matt Smith will perform well in the role :D

well with that twat tennant out of the picture, i'll at least give this a go. can't say i've much high hopes for it as that trailer looked pretty woeful, but whatever.

Get the **** out.
Tennant was a great doctor, and this guy looks like a tacky knockoff.

Get the **** out.
Tennant was a great doctor, and this guy looks like a tacky knockoff.

i thought tennant was rubbish, i've a feeling i'll feel the same about this one too, just glad he's gone

Wait, they changed the actor for Doctor Who again? The only one I liked was from season 1.

It'll be shit if they do, I don't know I prefer a dark-ish childs hero, makes him seem more real rather than a timetraveling superman.

I didn't know it was starting already. I liked the look of the military Dalek. The broken Cyberman too, although unfortunately it's a Cybrus Cyberman again. How many times exactly have they broken through the impossible-to-break-through barrier between the worlds now? They should just bring back the originals.

I'll watch it but I am definitely apprehensious about the new guy especially after how good tennant was :|

Really looking forward to Matt and Steven's Run of who. Tennant was good but he was a bit too OTT. Eccleston is my doctor by the way.

new companion is doable

103b89a09091b4b8c15673f.jpg

A little bit yeah...

Clip from Vampires in Venice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7UvD1n2K6c

Episode One was quite good I thought, though they seem to be trying to make this Doctor really dangerous (from his speech at the end of this and the trailer) and I hope they don't overdo it. Also, is the M?TH computer a real brand or foreshadowing of something? It was pretty obviously placed on the laptop.

New assistant is pretty good looking too. And on a final note, where is Samon? We can't have a Doctor who thread without the Welshman bitching about how crap it is.

Edit: Forgot to mention, hate the dickybow.

Better than I expected. He could be better than Tennant, but we'll have to see if he can match Ecclestone.

Liked the Fish Fingers and Custard.

I think he is already better than Tennant who in my opinion is RIDICULOUSLY overrated. Can he better than CE? Hmm, time will tell. Enjoying the series so far though.

Yeah, I rather like him already.

Too much fantasy in my science fiction at the moment mind. Space Whales? Bloody hell. The whole Post-War Britain in Space aesthetic was atmospherically pulled off, but fundamentally daft. It kind of gave the setting this creepy BNP idea of Britishness which would have been interesting, if the entire oppressive police state thing wasn't completely forgotten in favour of the whole Elizabeth X punchline. The setting was sort of Cities in Flight at best and G Gundam at worse. Could have been better, but has almost always been worse up to now.

I'm about to watch Episode 2, but I liked Episode 1 a lot. Apart from a few mis-steps, pointless moments, bad CG and so on, it was generally pretty great. What I like about the new doctor is his unpleasant edge. His show-offy swaggering ego is more evident, his dickish edges undisguised. Tennant was cool but I see what people mean when they say he was too cute. Smith comes off as kind of a jerk and I like that.

Hail Moffat.

at some point this week i'll watch both episodes. that or i'll just wait til i get back to uni internet speeds and catch up around episode 3. things sound positive so far, maybe it'll be fun

A babe?

lolwut?

She looks like she's about 15 and is the whitest person I've ever seen.

Although episode two was well executed the plot in general was a pile of what the hell. Looking forward to Winston Churchill mowing down Daleks with a tommy gun while smoking a cigar (hopefully).

I ahve to say that was one of the best starting episodes so far.

A lot better than that ****ing living plastic shit.

Holy crap the new Daleks are gay as Christmas. They seriously look like toys. I can understand making them bigger but their new shape looks really bad from the side.

Holy crap the new Daleks are gay as Christmas. They seriously look like toys. I can understand making them bigger but their new shape looks really bad from the side.

Also damn they're so overused.

Return near the start of a season, killed off at the end. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Well at least this time they didn't pretend he killed all the Daleks in existence like the show usually does. They even took a dig at how the Daleks keep returning when the Doctor just goes "fell through time blah blah blah." Perhaps they won't be in the finale (would be refreshing) but used before it. I just hope their next episode doesn't end with I KILLED EVERY DALEK/EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT.

Apparently, Moffat wanted to do a Dalek-free first season but BBC intervened. So, high hopes for less Dalek appearances.

Back