Does anyone care about the current E3 events?

HattyJetty

Headcrab
Reaction score
Personally, I've never put a lot of attention to various gaming expositions, but since E3 is on the spot, is there anything worthwhile in your opinion?

Last edited:
Considering the studio I work for (Rocksteady) announced our new game (Batman: Arkham VR) at the Sony press event yesterday, I'd say I care quite a bit about events at E3. Especially considering how involved with the project I've been!

I also got to meet and listen to Mark Hamill a few weeks ago during a trip to the studio, which was awesome (although not relevant to E3).

Considering the studio I work for (Rocksteady) announced our new game (Batman: Arkham VR) at the Sony press event yesterday, I'd say I care quite a bit about events at E3. Especially considering how involved with the project I've been!

I also got to meet and listen to Mark Hamill a few weeks ago during a trip to the studio, which was awesome (although not relevant to E3).
Wow, being in collaboration with Rocksteady sure is a cool thing.

I have also checked the Sony press conference and there are indeed a lot of delicious projects worth keeping an eye on. Shame I do not own a PS4. Anyway, Sony tried their best at E3.

Wow, being in collaboration with Rocksteady sure is a cool thing.

I have also checked the Sony press conference and there are indeed a lot of delicious projects worth keeping an eye on. Shame I do not own a PS4. Anyway, Sony tried their best at E3.
I'm not really "in collaboration" with them, I work for them in their IT department as a full-time employee! But yeah, Sony's showing at E3 was incredibly strong and well-focused around games and just showing what they had to show - very little bullshit.

I'm not really "in collaboration" with them, I work for them in their IT department as a full-time employee! But yeah, Sony's showing at E3 was incredibly strong and well-focused around games and just showing what they had to show - very little bullshit.
Oh, sorry, I kinda realised you are an employee, my poor vocabulary and lack of sleep had messed things up.
Since I am really curious, could you tell me more about your job, if you don't mind? Like, what are you responsible for?

Oh, sorry, I kinda realised you are an employee, my poor vocabulary and lack of sleep had messed things up.
Since I am really curious, could you tell me more about your job, if you don't mind? Like, what are you responsible for?
No worries, I wasn't offended by what you said - just thought I would clarify.

Basically, I work as Rocksteady's 1st and 2nd line IT support, meaning, probably about half of a typical working day, I'm the person who responds to most of the development team's cries for help with their tech. This includes maintaining desktop hardware (PCs, Macs, consoles, cabling, etc), network infrastructure, software, licensing, and just about anything else around the office with a cable sticking out of it. When I'm not "on-call", I'm typically working on bigger projects like designing meeting rooms, organising or helping out with studio events / parties, building render farms - that kind of thing.

The studio atmosphere is extremely chilled most of the time, and everyone is great to get on with. Free drinks and snacks, special weekly events (watching films in the Mocap stage, etc), free breakfasts once a month, and more! Couldn't ask to be at a nicer studio.

No worries, I wasn't offended by what you said - just thought I would clarify.

Basically, I work as Rocksteady's 1st and 2nd line IT support, meaning, probably about half of a typical working day, I'm the person who responds to most of the development team's cries for help with their tech. This includes maintaining desktop hardware (PCs, Macs, consoles, cabling, etc), network infrastructure, software, licensing, and just about anything else around the office with a cable sticking out of it. When I'm not "on-call", I'm typically working on bigger projects like designing meeting rooms, organising or helping out with studio events / parties, building render farms - that kind of thing.

The studio atmosphere is extremely chilled most of the time, and everyone is great to get on with. Free drinks and snacks, special weekly events (watching films in the Mocap stage, etc), free breakfasts once a month, and more! Couldn't ask to be at a nicer studio.

Wow, definitely looks like a dream job. Thanks for your comprehensive reply!

Sounds nice. The kind of IT I do is explaining to people that Yahoo is not the whole internet, and that when they "call Yahoo" about their email not working, they're literally calling scammers pretending to be Yahoo because Yahoo doesn't have real customer support.

I always imagined game companies would outsource their IT though. Is it really busy enough there to need a multi-person, full-time IT staff?

Sounds nice. The kind of IT I do is explaining to people that Yahoo is not the whole internet, and that when they "call Yahoo" about their email not working, they're literally calling scammers pretending to be Yahoo because Yahoo doesn't have real customer support.

I always imagined game companies would outsource their IT though. Is it really busy enough there to need a multi-person, full-time IT staff?
Definitely is - We're a pretty small team of 5 which has expanded upwards from the 3-4 present when I first started. Most of the team focus on projects and large-scale developments to improve the business, while I'm a lot more focused on individual support jobs that come in as and when needed. Even with the workload spread out between all of us, I still find very little time in any given day to do additional work away from reacting to the needs of the development team. Not that I'm complaining!

Back