Does anyone watch Batman The Brave and The Bold?

hot564231

Reaction score
21j9b87.jpg

I find it hilarious, its so over the top and campy, but in a good way and a light heart take on batman which hasn't been seen since Adam West's days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T837zAuUMLA

And one of two of my favorites episodes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi5wYZTpxA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7K-cgiN0NE

Anyone else watch the show?

I tried to watch, but I just wasn't a fan of the extreme fantasy/sci-fi angle they took with the show. I guess Batman the Animated Series set the bar too high for me.

I watched an episode of it involving The Clock King and quite quickly decided that no, no it really wasn't for me at all. There's a reason Adam West's incarnation of Batman exists in the 60's and is so justly scorned.

I tried to watch, but I just wasn't a fan of the extreme fantasy/sci-fi angle they took with the show. I guess Batman the Animated Series set the bar too high for me.

So high, I can barely make it out.

tlf4.jpg

Okay, all right, before I'm accused of rattling Darkside's cage (by none other than Darkside himself), I do very much like TAS, but I confess - as good as Hamill in the Clown Prince of Crime's shoes is - the Joker episodes, for the most part, stink.

Yeah, I agree, the episodes with the joker are pretty bad. Except for "Jokers Favor". One of the best eps of the series. And while I still think TAS is the best, I did enjoy Batman Beyond.

I never said it was better than the TAS, god no, The TAS was a god-like tv show, BatB shouldn't be taken seriously, its a campy comedy, think of it as a Saturday morning romp, nothing more and its not as bad as 'The Batman' god I hated that one.

Now I don't make me use more aquaman clips! don't make me

Alright you've forced my hand! Outrageous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibDtsl92QWk

I know you weren't making that claim. Its just that its too campy for me because TAS was my saturday morning romp, and I just couldnt look at another animated batman the same. Im sure its a good show for what it is, but Brave and the Bold never really did it for me.

It's good and bad. Hated it when I first saw it but it grew on me. That said some episodes are just bad (the one with Morgan leFay is dreadful). The over the topness is pretty funny though and I love Aquaman. I also really like the evil universe episode, though I never saw the follow-up one.

Did anyone else think the Christmas episode was horrible? I don't mean bad, but really mean for a Christmas episode.
It's the one where they deal with his parents' murder, and make it even worse by making him a brat when it happened. Also robot santa's face melting off. And Red Tornado short circuiting, thinking it's the spirit of Christmas he's feeling, and then exploding. I know he was ok afterwards, but still.

the Joker episodes, for the most part, stink
Joker's Favor? Joker's Wild? Almost Got 'im? Joker's Millions?

As for Brave and the Bold, it's funny that the camp was met with such trepidation before the show's release, but ended up being what makes the show OUTRAGEOUS. It's not trying to be a poignant or thoughtful show like TAS, it's about Batman pulling lightsabers out of his belt, teaming up with other heroes, and beating up on villain-of-the-week in cool, often ridiculous ways. What's also great is said other heroes and villains are some of the most obscure characters; people like Kamandi and Crazy Quilt.

Plus the show has one of the coolest original villains ever (who may have been inspired by Libra, a New God who works for Darkseid):

EQUINOX

2mfyzx4.jpg

Riom said:
Red Tornado
It's OK--robots don't have feelings. Also, I am the best character.

2a5n286.jpg

but you're slanty eyed and asian whereas the boy/girl in that pic is defiantely white

I love Brave and the Bold. best batman cartoon well since the animated series which was ok in terms of art style but the animation was rather poor but you didnt watch it for the animation

Brave and the Bold has a lot of nods to pop culture a la Venture Bros for a family viewing audience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08MuWwJ_LU

sometimes it's subtle. in the above episode Huntress implies she'd like to get rear ended by batman. no really

Im another victim of this. The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond. Those are more my speed.

Im still trying to give this show a chance though

Teen Titans had a lot of sight gags, a whole lot of chibi/SD stuff with big heads and dialogue bubbles and sweat drops. Really heavy gag anime influence. BatB doesn't do any of that. The art styles have only passing similarities. BatB is probably closer to Legion of Super Heroes.

the gags in Teen titans fell flat and a little too in the sytle of anime humor (giant eyes, arms windmilling, cheesy over the top emoting, etc)

brave and the bold is unlike either show in terms of art direction. it's most like Jack Kirby and Silver age comics in general

Did anyone catch: The Super-Batman of Planet X! & Chill of the Night!

The Super-Batman of Planet X! is a play on the superman story, with the voice of Kevin Conroy as Batman of Planet X and Superman TAS voice stars of Lois and Lex (Clancy Brown) reprise as they goofy other world selves.

While Chill of the Night tells to story of Batman search to find his patients killer, this is the first episode that sets a dark tone for the show, although in keeping with the campy nature of the show, this episode guess stars: Mark Hamill as the spectre, Kevin Conroy as Phantom Stranger and Adam West as Thomas Wayne.

Chill of the Night is also a hallmark episode, as this is the first episode to show Bruce Wayne's face.

"The Super-Batman of Planet X" was actually based off an old, old, old story about the Batman of Zurr-En-Arrh.

Haven't seen Chill of the Night yet.

Did anyone catch: The Super-Batman of Planet X! & Chill of the Night!

The Super-Batman of Planet X! is a play on the superman story, with the voice of Kevin Conroy as Batman of Planet X and Superman TAS voice stars of Lois and Lex (Clancy Brown) reprise as they goofy other world selves.

While Chill of the Night tells to story of Batman search to find his patients killer, this is the first episode that sets a dark tone for the show, although in keeping with the campy nature of the show, this episode guess stars: Mark Hamill as the spectre, Kevin Conroy as Phantom Stranger and Adam West as Thomas Wayne.

Chill of the Night is also a hallmark episode, as this is the first episode to show Bruce Wayne's face.

dammit they've stopped airing season 2 episodes here. havent seen those yet

The land of Oz has been airing 'em, if you know where to look you can get them online.

Back