doom 3 is pants

Smoke

Tank
Reaction score
has anyone noticed that doom 3 is a really cr*p game?

just my personal opinion thats all, no harm meant to fans.

i noticed that alot of people have really bad adjectives, like 'pants' and others. i saw one guy use 'wank' several types in a single post, it made my eyes bleed.

i also noticed people 'censor' words for no apparent reason.

Until now, no-one has ev*r even the considered the possibility that D*om 3 might not be go*d.

You are truly an enlightened figure to show us The One True Way.

smoke said:
has anyone noticed that doom 3 is a really cr*p game?

just my personal opinion thats all, no harm meant to fans.

Your thread bores everyone. Quit boring people.

Cr*p?Whats Cr*p?

That like some new internet lingo?

....or did you mean crap?

Huh? I have some very good pants, please don't bring them down to doom 3's level.

When I'd like to point out that I think a certain game sucks, I would as a number one priority bring up reasons on why.
You could for example complain about it being too d*mn dark, or pherhaps that it was getting dull only walking through the same dark alleys over and over, but noooo. We're only gonna agree with your statement, aren't we? No reasons, no discussion. Period.

(Note: I myself didn't dislike the game)

The game = sucks

The engine = rocks.

Some people just built Doom 3 up to be something that no game could ever satisfy. Doom 3 isn't going to satisfy everyone. Hell, I did the same with HL2...I still like it, I don't believe it's all it's billed to be....I like the liitle bit of MP we got much better.

Doom 3 was hyped greatly, but when exactly had Id blown our minds like Valve did with HL1. Quake 3?? Maybe for some but I think Quake 3 was owned by UT. Id is awesome at making great engines, but they usually fall flat on gameplay aspects. I went into Doom 3 expecting little more than a badass engine and found myself truely sucked into the atmosphere and storyline.

I can't even imaging the response some will give 3d Realms when DNF is released. Ouch.

lans said:
The game = sucks

The engine = rocks.
This man knows The One True Way.

[edit] Wouldn't "pants wank" = masturbation? :p

StardogChampion said:
They say Doom 3 sucks, but I bet they love the first Doom...

That's because the original Doom is nothing like Doom 3 .. not even slightly.

Doom3 is scary goodness. Tip: Keep your pants away from your wank.

I was too busy playing Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past when Doom came out to even care. I was bored with the original rather quickly. Still playing Doom 3 however, and A link to the Past.

That includes Doom 1 and 2.

Lt. Drebin said:
Some people just built Doom 3 up to be something that no game could ever satisfy.

Actually i just simply asked for something like Undying. Something with original scares and varied/fun gameplay. The first few hours were great, after that it became tedious and boring.

I hear PainKiller should've been called Doom 3 instead, as it actually does Doom better then Doom 3. But i haven't played Painkiller

Sparta said:
Actually i just simply asked for something like Undying. Something with original scares and varied/fun gameplay. The first few hours were great, after that it became tedious and boring.

I hear PainKiller should've been called Doom 3 instead, as it actually does Doom better then Doom 3. But i haven't played Painkiller

I wasn't necessarily talking about you. I said some people. The topic starter gave no reason for his dislike of Doom 3...he just said it was "pants" or whatever.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I did find Doom 3 to have some rather original scares....if you're not slightly creeped out by someone gutted, disemboweled and hung upsidedown on a cross...there is something wrong with you. I'm sorry, but its anti-social to not be slightly disturbed by that or deem it "unoriginal". :|

I was overjoyed to find Doom 3 was little like its predecessors. Honestly, how much worse would you guys reem the game if it was just like Doom 1, gameplay-wise? Painkiller is the definition of tedious and boring IMO....it's the most repetetive game I've played since Serious Sam. I did enjoy Undying, but IMO, it's not on par with Doom 3 and it was not that varied.

If there is a mindless shooter, it is Painkiller, but it's still fun :)

destrukt said:
If there is a mindless shooter, it is Painkiller, but it's still fun :)

Nah a real mindless shooter is serious sam 1 & 2. Although it's good fun.

I don't know if you people played the same game as i did, but i played Doom3, and it was pretty good. The atmosphere in it was amazing, just as good as Halflife2.

lans said:
The game = sucks

The engine = rocks.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-05-24&res=l

I personally enjoyed Doom III. Fortuantely, I have a birthday in September, so undoubtably unlike many of you here, I didn't shell out good cash (or even bad cash for that matter) on the game. I was content to play it through once, gawk at the pretty graphics, get bored of the scares, play a pocket travel game of "Spot the System Shock 2 influences / downright ripoffs" and just generally have some fun. I finished it, play the forgettable multiplayer once or twice and uninstalled it. If I get .

As I usually don't care about ID's products (they're excellent on the technical side, but frankly their actual games suck), I have no nostalgic love of the Doom series (my FPS story started with Unreal - Doom was just a quirky little game my friend used to force me to play on the Playstation), I was expecting Doom III to be pretty crap and didn't spend any money on it, I found that it was diverting and good for the one time I played it.

destrukt said:
i noticed that alot of people have really bad adjectives, like 'pants' and others. i saw one guy use 'wank' several types in a single post, it made my eyes bleed.

i also noticed people 'censor' words for no apparent reason.

I noticed you ain't from UK either. Before i even came in the thread i knew he was english just from using the word 'pants' :p

Lt. Drebin said:
Doom 3 was hyped greatly, but when exactly had Id blown our minds like Valve did with HL1. Quake 3?? Maybe for some but I think Quake 3 was owned by UT. Id is awesome at making great engines, but they usually fall flat on gameplay aspects. I went into Doom 3 expecting little more than a badass engine and found myself truely sucked into the atmosphere and storyline.

I can't even imaging the response some will give 3d Realms when DNF is released. Ouch.

Uhhh...Wolfenstein? Doom? Quake? Quake 2? Wolfenstein was the first true FPS, Doom was the game that revolutionised PC gaming.
The original Quake was the first true 3D FPS (and a damn good nod to H.P. Lovecraft), Quake 2 was the most successful multiplayer experience ever until Counterstrike became famous, hell up until 2001 it was still mainstream multiplayer.

So yeah, Id did set a few benchmarks - and Doom 3 sets a few more with the most realistic lighting engine yet seen in gaming.

Emeril said it best. Bam.

Back