Dota 2 Update Adds New Team Matchmaking + Updated UI

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
While ranked matchmaking in Dota 2 has been a thing for a while now, a new update released earlier this evening has made it that little bit easier to receive a matchmaking rank for full 5-man teams.

slide-jpg.24809
By forming a party of 5 players, users can now choose to use a team identity while using ranked matchmaking in order to receive an official MMR grade for the team's performances. While optional, this system will allow teams to show off their own banners and logos on the in-game map while battling against other closely-matched 5-man teams. The team roster size has also been increased from 5 to 7, allowing even more members to join and manage teams (only 5 players can participate in a match at any one time, obviously).​
Alongside numerous bug fixes and minor tweaks, the update has also overhauled several elements of the UI, including the main menu's "Play" tab and the Hero Picker screen, which you can check out below. While a lot nicer to look at, the new Hero Picker screen also allows newer features, such as the game starting gold reduction, to be shown off in an easily understood fashion, something not really possible with the old design.​
picker-png.24810
Two new compendium rewards have also been introduced, including the 1v1 Practice Mode, which allows players to casually battle together in order to test their skills in the mid-lane, and the Favourite Hero Challenge, which tracks and rewards players for trying out new or lesser played heroes.​
For a closer look at today's Dota 2 update, be sure to check out the official changelog or the announcement blog post over on the Dota 2 website.​

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 18,472
  • Picker.PNG
    Picker.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20,734
I get just awesome feeling when uvil new interface and movie intro at the beginning of the game ! Of course we see in the game are the same trend as in Tf2 a bunch of useful and cheap courier items when schoolchildren stirred them and get clown outfits.. but such party as it makes the game better my eye and pleasant to look at this virtual world
P.S. my most favorite strategy in which I play every day:)
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne,Red Alert 2 , Stronghold.

Back