Dota 2 Weekly Patch - 13/02/13: Tusk Has Arrived

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
tusk-jpg.23984
"It's a great day to do some squat thrusts and lift a barrel of fish, is it not?" - Ymir the Tusk
The Dota 2 Test Build has recently received it's weekly update for the 13th of February 2013. The patch has introduced a new hero named Tusk, who acts as a melee strength hero most commonly played as a support. Be careful around this walrus, however, as Tusk features the ability to quite literally snowball out of control if given enough time to farm. His ultimate, "Walrus PUNCH!", allows him to hit a guaranteed critical strike on the next enemy he engages, dealing massive damage and a large 40% slow for up to 4 seconds at max level.

Medusa has also been added to Captain's Mode while many other areas of the game have received bug fixes and visual improvements, all of which you can read about in the update change log available right here. The update is now live in Dota 2, glhf everyone!

Thanks to Dota Cinema for the heads up on the changelog.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 12,763
  • Tusk.jpg
    Tusk.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17,822
I've still not got around to playing this. Is it really worth playing?

Yes. Takes a lot of time, practice and dedication. But its an incredibly enjoyable game.

If you're going to give it a shot at all, you really have to commit to learning the game, because it has a very steep learning curve and you won't start having fun (you'll be frustrated and if you're playing with others, they'll yell at you) until you get a decent feel for it.

I think I'll give it a shot soon. I've got a crapload of college work, and a house move next month to contend with, but after that I'll shunt this to the top of my list.

I think I'll give it a shot soon. I've got a crapload of college work, and a house move next month to contend with, but after that I'll shunt this to the top of my list.
Considering you can still play/watch/learn and enjoy the game at the same pace as any other multiplayer game (say playing TF2 regularly for several hours a week), you have little to no reason not to give it a shot. There is just more to learn in general. Just be ready for fail and anger.

*sigh*... downloading now.... Oh well, that paper due monday can wait a little longer... (I know what I'm like, if I get into this game I'll get right into this :yuck:)

*sigh*... downloading now.... Oh well, that paper due monday can wait a little longer... (I know what I'm like, if I get into this game I'll get right into this :yuck:)
Well just be prepared for a lot of players to spam Tusk tomorrow after he's added to the normal client. Happens every time a hero is added, people get excited and try to master a hero they have no idea how to play. Kind of similar to the old TF2 class updates where all you see for a week is 1 class.

Yeah, I remember the TF2 spamming after updates. Used to use them as an opportunity to figure out the weaknesses in the 'new' stuff... while avoiding jumping on the bandwagon with the excitables.

I don't really like doing all-pick these days. Sick of playing against heroes that people tend to pick. Single draft and all random are more fun for me.

All Pick is shite.

Captain's Mode with friends. Otherwise Random Draft or Least Played. All Random can be ok, but you can get even more messed up teams than All Pick sometimes.

Random draft and all random are fun. Least played gives you too many options in my opinion. I still use all pick for when I feel like playing a particular hero (recently I've been able to stomp with AA for some reason).

Back