Dump your oh-so-artistic screenshots here! [possible spoilers]

that brings up a question of mine.... what are the synths anyway? are they mechanicaly enchanced creaters from different planets that combine have taken over, or are they machines that have highly advanced AI??

yeah because machines with advanced AI grow organic brains...

ummm that jest makes me even more confused about....
or mabye thier creatures from a different dimmension were oprganic material is like their minerals and iorn and stell are like what everything is made out of or something :smoking:

ummm that jest makes me even more confused about....
or mabye thier creatures from a different dimmension were oprganic material is like their minerals and iorn and stell are like what everything is made out of or something :smoking:

YOU SHOULD WRITE FOR VALVE!

lol like i said in a different thread... "the sarcasim its sooo suffacating i cant!.... :x"

yes well unfortunately i dont have 2 days to look through all the threads on halflife2.net, but thanks for the link anyway (even though i new about wikipedia before :hmph:).

Whats with the reviving of the old threads?

Stop. and get out. :|

And for my first official post after lurking for some time (and in direct defiance of the previous post), I'd like to revive this thread to ask for the wallpaper-sized goodness, please. The earlier posts of the larger sizes seem to be missing and these are simply crazawesometastiweet.

----
Two of my favourite shots from Ep 2:

alyxcitadel2croppedrb6.jpg

alyxdogrs5.jpg

What do you think?

I've only got the first one in wallpaper size I'm afraid. Here it is:

Click for 1280 x 800

I've only got the first one in wallpaper size I'm afraid. Here it is:

Perfect! Thanks a lot! Here's a small selection of mine I dug up, with a focus.

It's dark out there...

Alert.

Me?

Profile.

It's easy to miss this one when you're running around.

Talking.

Crouching Alyx, Flying Bullet Casing.

Hope.

Why can't I do this?

The expressiveness and emotion in both of their faces here is really amazing.

could someone please post a screenshot of the look-out point at white forest? it's to the right just before u pull into the base. preferably with no weapons or HUD, but that's okay if there is. thank you.

I wasn't sure if you meant the lookout tower at the front gate or the lookout point that gives you a view of the valley, so I took screenshots of both.

It's the shotgun lady, yay!

She's that medic you find under a bridge in Anticitizen One who joins your squad after the guy she's working on dies. The last two times I've played the game through, she stuck with me from there until after the big fight at the generator plaza (and she survived even that).

I'm not reckless with my squad members, but I don't usually go out of my way to keep them alive in difficult situations either. While all of my other original squad members got lost and left behind as I went through the apartment buildings or died in the fighting, she survived it all. >_>

My favourite screenshot of Resistance members during the uprising, with her in it, of course:

And here she is again, looking quite mean:

It irritates me how even the generator-plaza survivors get killed by soldiers from across the bridge. So I barricade them inside the hotel with furniture and washing machines. Just don't try that with a dumpster or you'll crush them to death.

I was talking about the view of the valley so these are perfect. Thanks!

Here's one of mine. It's not Half Life, but it's Half Life related.
This is gonna end up like a scene from Moonraker or something.
orbiter2009-03-2022-21-41-90-1.jpg

This is also my first attempt at editing with Paint.net

I'll just leave these here.

abyss.jpg

alyxbridge.jpg

alyxcecil3.jpg

alyxcecil2.jpg

antlioncavesmine.jpg

bridgewithcitadel.jpg

cavessunlightz.jpg

griggsandsheckley.jpg

hunterencounter.jpg

minelandscape.jpg

minesunlight.jpg

portalstormsoverhead.jpg

(This one surprised me, I never noticed that transparent effect before)

portalstormsparks.jpg

supfreeman.jpg

watercaves.jpg

warehouse.jpg

valley.jpg

I'll just leave these here.

abyss.jpg

alyxbridge.jpg

alyxcecil3.jpg

alyxcecil2.jpg

antlioncavesmine.jpg

bridgewithcitadel.jpg

cavessunlightz.jpg

griggsandsheckley.jpg

hunterencounter.jpg

minelandscape.jpg

minesunlight.jpg

portalstormsoverhead.jpg

(This one surprised me, I never noticed that transparent effect before)

portalstormsparks.jpg

supfreeman.jpg

watercaves.jpg

warehouse.jpg

valley.jpg

that screenshot of the portal storm with the train is amazing... would love to have that as my desktop

http://img24.imageshack.us/i/d2coast030000.jpg/

Now I know it! Hl2 actually takes place here in Finland... For the most of you who arent Finnish, thats a real Finnish milk carton you're seeing there :D It says Valio Fat Free milk.

And yes, I'm using the fakefactory mod, but still I thought It was so funny I had to take a screenie.

Awesome thread...
ChiliFan, could you mind giving a desktop variant of the cavesunlightz.jpg file?

Have I mentioned the thread is awesome?.. :)

Hey Chillifan I actually just set that as my desktop background.

Hey Chillifan I actually just set that as my desktop background.

:D

I went through the whole game picking out scenes I liked. Not got round to posting the rest of them yet, so here's Riding Shotgun to Our Mutual Fiend.

vistazi.jpg

advisorbarn.jpg

advisorpodclosed.jpg

advisorpod.jpg

alyxhunter.jpg

floodedtracks.jpg

zombieswater.jpg

takingcover.jpg

helicopterbattle2.jpg

scrapyardd.jpg

zombiesd.jpg

cavep.jpg

mountainpass2.jpg

vistac.jpg

dogstrider.jpg

alyxdog.jpg

whiteforest.jpg

ar3g.jpg

welding.jpg

lamarr.jpg

civiliancorridor.jpg

turretj.jpg

waterh.jpg

flooding.jpg

silo.jpg

advisor.jpg

civiliansmagnussen.jpg

And a few from that scene with the message from Mossman (a personal favourite in terms of character development).

arguing.jpg

elikleiner.jpg

eliborealis.jpg

alyxgman.jpg

eliho.jpg

Awesome screenshots; just set the Alyx/Hunter one as my desktop background.

Back