E-mail Questions

Pressure

Reaction score
From what I've seen when you E-mail Gabe he usually e-mails you back pretty quickly. I sent him an e-mail a week or so ago and still haven't got a reply. I dunno if hes not answering e-mails anymore or what. Oh yea I also sent it from a free E-mail provider (i.e. hotmail,yahoo, etc.) does he not answer e-mails from them because they might be spam or something?

Ya he answers e-mails, but he just doesnt like you...I'm sorry, so so sorry :p

Originally posted by Pressure
From what I've seen when you E-mail Gabe he usually e-mails you back pretty quickly. I sent him an e-mail a week or so ago and still haven't got a reply. I dunno if hes not answering e-mails anymore or what. Oh yea I also sent it from a free E-mail provider (i.e. hotmail,yahoo, etc.) does he not answer e-mails from them because they might be spam or something?

No .. he just chooses not to answer some of the questions. Especially multiplayer and story related ones.

I asked about Alyx's DOG today. Do you think he'll reply to that one??

Hmmm... then i guess X-Tender is gonna have to leave DOG out of Codename: Gordon..... oh well

I think he just takes a sampling of questions and answers those that he can. I'm sure he gets far more email than he can ever ever answer.

Yeah, I asked him about sprites in HL2 (something no-one else has asked yet). He didn't reply (it's been a while) but I guess he's just too busy. Maybe I shouldn't have started the email "Hey, Fatso!".

You didnt, did you? if HL2 doesnt get released im hunting you down :p

Me: Will you delay Half-Life 2 until 2009 if I say the word jooingly?

Gabe: Yes

Me: Jooingly

Gabe: Half-Life 2 has been delayed until September 30, 2009

Im hunting you down. Prepare to suffer.

i asked 13 questions in mine..... will he answer those"????

Maybe you asked too few questions? Try emailing him over a hundred, and make sure that each is at least a paragraph long: he's bound to answer one of them that way.

Or block your email address.

I've sent a couple e-mails asking about clipping (you know, the annoying body half stuck in a wall etc.) and he hasn't replied in a week :/

i have sent him like 4 emails and he has replied each one! send them in the afternoon

Originally posted by BaNDiT
i have sent him like 4 emails and he has replied each one! send them in the afternoon

Which e-mail are you using, lmao, perhaps I'm using the wrong one?

I sent Gabe an e-mail a few days ago regarding the dismemberment of enemies; no reply yet.

Those who got a reply, did you receive replies during the week? I sent my e-mail over the weekend, so I was assuming that he'll probably get to it on a weekday. Hopefully.

If you want replies, don't ask the same damn questions as everyone else.

Originally posted by Wesisapie
If you want replies, don't ask the same damn questions as everyone else.

I checked the Valve info thread; I didn't see a question like mine asked. I asked whether or not you could shoot the leg(s) off a Strider and watch it try to balance itself out on its remaining leg(s).

If people are gonna spam him, he wont answer anymore ;(

Hi, where can I find gabe's email?
I would like to ask him a question about resolutions supported in hl2.
And the request of adding the resolution 1400x1050.. A very common resolution with new laptops..

NEVERMIND, I found it :( sorry for posting this reply without searching the forums replys.. I did find his email in one fo the replies...

Back