E.Y.E - New Game Using Source Engine

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
E.Y.E is a new game scheduled for release in the not too distant future developed by Streum On Studio. The game is actually a hybrid of a first person shooter and a role playing game and is being developed on the Source engine.
The story takes place in a dark future that has seen unending wars between the Federation - a several worlds union, and the Metastreumonic Force - an ancient and mysterious power. The player, travelling through a solo campaign in which FPS and RPG merge into one set, must fight the coming back Metastreumonic Force, but also help the Federation to take control again.
E.Y.E will ship with a singleplayer, multiplayer and co-op mode, and it looks really promising. Check out the trailer below. The title will most likely be available on Steam later this year. Streum On Studio website.[br]
<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/96Kx-AZlUB0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/96Kx-AZlUB0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>​

Get out of here, Stalker.

Seriously though, that looks like a pretty damn fine mod. Will keep an eye on this.

It just looks like a mod to me. Lackluster effects, uninspired hud and color scheme, boring looking gameplay...

The should have seen some sense and not made it real time strategy, only fps.

Trailer from '08 looks more promising, it shows more RPG elements.

its been a mod for a long time, didnt know they went commercial.

-dodo

I did! Everyone else missed that!? Thank you, changed.

And you guys are right, it used to be a mod, but the development team purchased a license for the Source engine from Valve as creating it as a mod wasn't sufficient to complete some of the ideas they had. You can assume they feel there is a high level of quality and has a high possibility of generating some revenue. We shall see...

looks interesting

not exactly super interesting but enough to keep my attention

I'm not really sure about the gameplay and whatnot, but the story and art direction interest me, so I'm very excited.

I'm loving the art direction. We'll see how some of their more ambitious ideas pan out, but the trailer did show some promise. Looking forward to the final product.

Ill download a demo and try it out at the very least.

Not impressed with the video though, looks and sounds like a fan made it, so the impression of 'quality' is a bit diminished. However I'm not gonna let that from stopping me to checking it out at the very least, could end up one of those average looking games with good game play.

At the very least it'll be interesting to see what they do with Source since its aging quite a bit now.

Back