EarthCraft - Alternative server for your enjoyment

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
Alright so here is the server me and my friend owns, its not a "Half-life2.net" server, but you guys are free to play on it as you wish. Its hosted by multiplay.co.uk in Germany.

Currently the small town and the area around the spawn has grief protection, so you have to venture a little bit before you can build your own stuff. Just post your username here so i can make you VIP (Without this, you wont be able to build anywhere). Also, for now, please dont build anything on the caves across the water from spawn, we have specific plans for those :) We also have a spleefing arena (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spleef), and we intend to have tournaments there sometime in the future if we get a nice userbase going.

The rules for our server are simply this: Common sense, dont be a huge dick.

IP and Teamspeak and other info here: http://asmosource.com/index.html

Here is the texture pack we are using, we are modifying it atm to make it as best looking as possible:
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/28375039/file.html

Note:
We welcome you to play on our server. If you randomly get kicked from the server or from Teamspeak, its because they are full while me or my friend are trying to get in, so dont get offended :) If the max player limit is constantly reached, we will upgrade to allow more players. Oh and if you are on the teamspeak and random Italian people joins, just ignore them lol. We will also not allow cheating (spawning materials and high-end items), we did so the first few days but that will cease as it takes out the fun in the game, work for your materials fool!

Vexillum = Admin and owner, he payed for it.
Strogg = Me, also admin.

Currently its just me and my friend, and we have not experienced any lag problems whatsoever. Multiplay is one of the best gaming server providers in the world. Might depend on your location tho.

I'm in the middle of the U.S. with a crappy ISP on slow wireless net, will lag be an issue?

Actually, I'll probably just have to try it out myself.

Yep, punched a sheep and it only took two seconds for it to drop wool. Better than 45 seconds to get into a chest on Pi's server. I'll check it out soon.

Try connecting to the server and try it out, it doesnt have a whitelist so anyone can join, although i would need your username if you want to build/destroy.

EDIT:

lol Atomic Spark, you silly goose. Made you VIP ;)

I'm in the middle of the U.S. with a crappy ISP on slow wireless net, will lag be an issue?

Actually, I'll probably just have to try it out myself.

Yep, punched a sheep and it only took two seconds for it to drop wool. Better than 45 seconds to get into a chest on Pi's server. I'll check it out soon.

You do realise that it's the exact same host that I use?

I'm entirely new at mcpatcher, Mediahub, teamspeak and the like.

Would anyone care to give an explanation or reassurance?

Also. This texture pack you suggested doesn't have textures for the most recent update. Also, I can't use the default textures now. For future reference, how do I reverse the textures?

Nobody wants to play? :( We just want to start a small little community of players, you dont even have to be active, just when you feel like getting your minecraft on you can hop onto the server.

EDIT: Yeah we will change texture pack soon if we find a good one.

Here are some screenshots i took of the nearby landscape, lots of floating islands we are connecting to start some projects on:

earthrr.png

Sexy! It makes me want to play again. I haven't played since the old server went down and I've been waiting for the new one to become stable.
Maybe I'll start playing on this server.

Quixoticism < add me please. :)

Something is up with minecraft. I jumped on your server for a bit and when I got I could not start up minecraft. I would click login, then I would get the Mojang screen and then the window would just disappear. I uninstalled mcpatcher and the Doku pack. I even re-downloaded minecraft... same problem. is anyone else having this issue?

Weird, try deleting the .minecraft folder in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ (w7/vista), and re-download the .exe from the site, and then redownload the entire game.

Currently its just me and my friend, and we have not experienced any lag problems whatsoever. Multiplay is one of the best gaming server providers in the world. Might depend on your location tho.

I'm thinking of buying a server for me and about 9 other friends with Multiplay (California Hosted). Are they good?

Name: sheepops

I haven't been on in a while.

I found this really awesome are. Its so cool it either needs to be a well planned project of a preserve.

I'll show it to you next time we are on, Raviloi.

Also, about how many people do we want as VIPs?

Sounds interesting!

Hm not sure, no limit atm. VIP doesnt really mean anything right now, it just enables you to build/destroy, an alternative to using a whitelist.

I had an idea for an "imperial city." I would be the largest city (we'd build in stages) with the Forum (a mix of roman and medieval style) at the center. This would include an acropolis like senate building, a Palace (with "apartments" for all the Admin, a Temple, and a bathhouse/club. There would also be a athletics area (a big Spleef arena).

More areas:
A market district, a residential district, industrial districts (docs), and a barracks/castle.

All would be connected via a subway system. I also had an idea for a sewer system beneath the city (made out of mossy cobblestone) with entrances "hidden" around the city.

I have no idea how large it will be but I think we should start with making a MASSIVE forum and go from there.

Here is a cool Spleef Area. I don't thing outs will be quite so complicated, but it has some cool ideas.

Add me please as I'm slowly getting back into minecraft. My name on it is themellish

Sorry for the double post.

Where is everyone? I looks like there has been almost zero activity on the server since last week.

Yes, the few times i could get on was when everyone else were offline, and i only like to build stuff when im doing it with 1 or more players, being nocturnal really sucks. My latest addiction to Quake Live doesnt help either.

It is frustrating. I'm on mostly in the evenings: about 8-12 Central time in the U.S.... I'm not sure about the time difference.

I've been clear cutting that site I told you about.

I've stopped on mu tomb because I can't spawn the materials I need to finish it. Any word on making me an admin?

Also, do you think we could get a map render so we can plan and maybe even draw on them to outline our plans?

Are several people active on this server? Just wondering.

There are several people who would reportedly get on regularly, I'm one of them. The issue is that due to time difference and schedule wee have trouble being on at the same time.

The more people we have logging on the less of a problem it will be.

I joined because I liked the idea of a community centered server where most of the projects are group efforts. We just need to build the community.

Hey Ravioli, could you whitelist me please?

gDub85

EDIT: I'm getting a message that the server is outdated.

<-

tcfrombn

A project I'd really like to work on is recreating the mines of moria from lotr.

It'd take me forever to go it alone, so hopefully someone out there would be interested too!

The server has been down since the update. Once it up you they will be able to add you guys.

In the meantime, I've been working on a city.

So far I've done a lot (shitloads) of tree clearing and terrain alteration.

I also have a harbor/warehouse district mostly done. There is an outline of a fort guarding the entrance to the bay, and I have started and extensive sewer system underneath the city.

You should be able to find the site if you travel south/southeast from spawn. Its marked by a bunch of towers.

here is the harbor
port_and_harbor_by_lord_raken-d39gofh.png

The biggest thing we need to do for the city is to come of with a street layout and district plan.

Do you have at least have the map file in a place where I can download it?

Guys, is this server still going, and are you still accepting whitelist requests?

I'm considering creating a minecraft server, but would be reluctant if you guys already have one going for the community to use.

Back