Eli Vance (spoilers)

Reaction score
What a sad ending for Episode 2. And with Alyx and Gordon not able to do anything but watch. Why did he try to attack that thing with a crow bar? I don't even know how he was able to move when Alyx and Gordon couldn't. But why didn't he just run? Those developers are good though, I can't believe I'm actually sad over a video game character's death lol. I'm hoping a Vortigaunt shows up with some of that antlion extract they used on Alyx when Episode 3 comes out, I dunno about you lol

The daughter of a father had just been kidnapped by an alien. The father can just... 'run'?

Antlion extract is actually really good for gluing skull fragments back together.

The daughter of a father had just been kidnapped by an alien. The father can just... 'run'?

Yeah I thought about that after I posted. But I figure he would be smart enough to know hitting it with a crow bar isn't gonna do anything either. Well, if he was real that is. lol

Yeah I thought about that after I posted. But I figure he would be smart enough to know hitting it with a crow bar isn't gonna do anything either. Well, if he was real that is. lol

If you had a son daughter that you really cared about, you would do just about anything to protect them, wouldn't you?

Eli could see that the Advisors were going to kill Gordon and Alyx, and they probably would have killed him too, so, in a ditch attempt to stop the advisor killing them both, you could call it a distraction, he fwacked the bastard.

How would he have any idea what the effect of blunt trauma be on an Advisor? They look pretty delicate to me actually, I think it was worth a shot.

By the way, he didn't use a crowbar. He used some sort of pipe, it looks like the one that Leon used to fight off the manhacks in Half-Life 2.

I'm just letting you know.

Yeah, he didn't exactly have a choice as to what to attack with. So he was just desperately trying to distract the advisors at least. Heck, it even worked - they switched their attention to Eli and later Dog scared them off, so Eli did succeed at saving his daughter by sacrificing himself.

As to why he was able to move, it's just a limitation of what advisors can do. At this point in their lifecycle (these are recently hatched advisors, probably far from their maximum strength) they do have the power to immobilize one human each but not more. Eli had difficulty moving but couldn't be stopped completely with the advisors' energies focused on pinning Alyx and Gordon to a wall.

The vorts cant use the antlion extract because when Alyx was attacked by a hunter she was nearly killed while Eli is completely dead. In way Alyx didn't get revived but rather healed, while Eli has to be revived to be alive again. And yea its the exact same pipe model Leon used to fight the manhacks.

I dont think you can ever be healed by antlion extract with half of your brain already gone

It would be pretty awesome though...imagine the possibilities of antlion extract on the open market...I think I'm blurring the lines between fact and fiction...again...

I think I'll go watch the Breencasts...maybe he'll have the jugglers on again...

Back