Email from Gabe. Re: Pay 2 Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm nothing seen or heard from gabe in like forever and it the past three days he posts in this forum, im starting to doubt the valididity of that username I think its just a MOd of halflife2.netn no offense mods, but twice in two days? hmmmm

What on God's Green Earth are you going on about?

Gabe has been registered here since August. This thread was bumped up from the pits of hell.

Why is everyone talking as if Gabe actually posted in this thread? See, this is the confusion that is caused when threads are bumped.

Yeah, wow... I can't beleive this thread popped back up again....this is older than Dan Rather.....yeah...that's right.. I went there..

Hmmm I read a good portion of this thread - no way I can go through 38 pages though.

Personally I haven't got a problem if I can buy the SP/MP mod capable ver in a box - I do have concerns that future mods will be bought by Valve to give to the subscribers. A case of when a mod gets enough popularity Valve will buy it and sell it (or use it as subscription content), I mean Steam has / will have a option to allow mode devs to sell thier mods over Steam.

Now if you consider the above I feel this may not be to good a thing, up to now the mods were made by people for the challenge and love of the game, the prospect of making money out of a mod will spark off a mod creating frenzy but the motive will be for $$$$.

I am seriously considering getting the single player ver. and wait for the next 'great MP game' - I get the feeling HL 2 won't be that 'great MP game' .

:bonce: i am super upset and need some clarification....hello?.....

This thread is huge!!!!!

Who dug this up from the pits of Hell? You shall be banished from... (j/k)

Originally posted by sssam69
:bonce: i am super upset and need some clarification....hello?.....

if you had bothered to read anyh of this thread, you wouldn't need clarification.

Originally posted by Santa
This thread is huge!!!!!

Who dug this up from the pits of Hell? You shall be banished from... (j/k)

This thread is small.

Read the whole thread, you can't just expect people to give you the summary of it. Closed, please don't dig up any more old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back