Empires Mod Media Update

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Empires Mod don't update very often, but when they do it's certainly worth it. They've just released a load of new renders of some of their vehicles:[br]

[br]For more information on the mod and the current goings-on in its development then visit their website here.

Holy moses, from those thumbnails I first thought it was concept art. That is some hot texturing.

Pesmerga said:
Holy moses, from those thumbnails I first thought it was concept art. That is some hot texturing.
ditto.

Thats hot! :) Very nice vehicles... I love the texturing style as well.

I hope they will have some nice vehicle physics, unlike the buggy in HL2. I didn't like it too much. I enjoyed driving the buggy in Halo 1, this one had some nice physics. *engaging flame shield...* *complete*

The tank is brilliant! Hopefully they'll up the poly count on the barrel before release. The jeep looks a little top-heavy though?

One of the ones i'm waiting for, and so far it looks great :thumbs:

the barrell on the tank doesn't need any more sides really, it's just not been smoothed properly. when it has it'll look way rounder.

Those are some pretty damn amazing renders. I can't wait to see what they look like ingame.

Been ages since we last saw an update from this mod...
Exellent. Seems like it's mod-month as all my favourite mods are releasing media :imu:
The smoothing on that barrel is really obvious though... seems wierd that they did'nt sort that out, as the rest of the models are excellent.

Here are some more new vehicle renders from their site.

Some great texturing on those models. Just one thing though is the likeness to the Nazi's intentional in some of the vehicles on the Imperial team?

DuB said:
Been ages since we last saw an update from this mod...
Exellent. Seems like it's mod-month as all my favourite mods are releasing media :imu:
The smoothing on that barrel is really obvious though... seems wierd that they did'nt sort that out, as the rest of the models are excellent.

From Krenzo on the main website at www.empiresmod.com:

Krenzo said:
The smoothing on the tank's barrel is something that is easily adjusted in the renderer. We're very busy with production on the mod right now, and it's easy to overlook something so small. Your fears will be put to rest when we show in-game shots soon.

Kester^ said:
Just one thing though is the likeness to the Nazi's intentional in some of the vehicles on the Imperial team?

Huh? I guess im just not seeing what you are seeing.

Geogriffith said:
Those are some pretty damn amazing renders. I can't wait to see what they look like ingame.
>> In-game shot << :p

Kester^ said:
Some great texturing on those models. Just one thing though is the likeness to the Nazi's intentional in some of the vehicles on the Imperial team?
Probably semi-intentional... a bit like with the dark side in star wars, based roughly on the nazis...

You guys should try out their unfinished bf1942 version of the mod.
Great Stuff!
Been following it since the beginning and i am very excited about this version of the mod.

Umm could someone provide a link to BF1942 Update to 1.6 please. I have 1.5 and have been looking for 1.6 for a long time, but cant find one that works. Help is appreciated.

Back