England Gets the Olympics

Raxxman

Reaction score
Well I figured I'd open the posting

I think it's good, and France nailed itself in the foot.

Just listened to it at work; didn't think we'd get it :D

/me points and laughs at the frogs.

Une meilleure chance la fois prochaine! :D

w00t!! I am really pleased about this. Screw you frenchy's our food is bad? Yours is worse. You see in Paris when they saw they'd lost it for thr THIRD time they all went "Awwww" it was great. When you saw our olympic bid team celebrating there was a women in the front row who looked like she was having a spaz attack....

I liked the change in the guys tone of voice when he said 'London'

i thought it was funny they got becks to promote london when he lives in madrid...

He's still from London.

But anyway, take that you Frenchy French. I bet we got the Finnish vote.

Edit: And tut. Either London got the bid or the UK did. Not this England thing.

Feath said:
He's still from London.

But anyway, take that you Frenchy French. I bet we got the Finnish vote.

Edit: And tut. Either London got the bid or the UK did. Not this England thing.

The Finnish vote is always the tiebreaker.

Feath said:
And tut. Either London got the bid or the UK did. Not this England thing.

London is in England. I'm tired of people being criticised for saying England. The Olympics will be held in ENGLAND.

I wasn't too enthusiastic about the bid. Anyone who commutes in London knows how the transport system is stretched to breaking point simply by people trying to get to work in the mornings, and how shitty Stratford really is.

At the same time I'm happy that we stuck one to the French. Up yours, Frenchies!!

Phuck the French. Congrats to Londoners, Englanders and UKers. I'm glad you guys got the bid. Anything that pisses off the Frogs is a good thing in my book. Maybe Jacques can come by and have a plate of bangers and mash.

And we still have yet to build the stadium and they already have one its like... hmm London is ok but Paris is perfect and all set up... hmm London can have it pwned!

big_king_frosty said:
And we still have yet to build the stadium and they already have one its like... hmm London is ok but Paris is perfect and all set up... hmm London can have it pwned!

You do know we have seven years to build one right?

big_king_frosty said:

Heheheh, quite a slap in the face, isn't it?

One thing that concerns me is that we've been trying to build a replacement for Wembley stadium since the Romans left and it still isn't complete. 7 years might be cutting it fine to get everything completed on time.

Laivasse said:
London is in England. I'm tired of people being criticised for saying England. The Olympics will be held in ENGLAND.

I wasn't too enthusiastic about the bid. Anyone who commutes in London knows how the transport system is stretched to breaking point simply by people trying to get to work in the mornings, and how shitty Stratford really is.

At the same time I'm happy that we stuck one to the French. Up yours, Frenchies!!

It was a British Bid. That's it really.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland put support into this. I don't care when people say England when it's right. But it was a British bid. If you are going to narrow it down, it was the London bid. It isn't going to affect Newcastle anymore than it affects Glasgow. So: British. Bid.

ill be 27 when its on, maybe i'll go, just over the water and i'm there.:D

LOL I thought this was a joke when I saw it...wow lol, I was 100% sure that France would get it.

Hell yeh! We beat the french :cheers: :cheers:

Feath : You'll probably still be debating that Feath doesn't rhyme with teeth :p

Anyways, it's good that England (Or London or GB or whatever) got the Olympics. I suck at French but pwn at English

Wahay! We did it, god knows how but we did! :p

I seriously thought that Paris was gona get it, but never mind! :)

Yeah, I saw that. But I think it would be better to give it to a city that hasn't had it before.

It was funny on Conan last night they did a little thing to mock the Olympics in hopes of New York winning, but anyone who has watched TV in the past month knew that New York wasn't going to win.

Glad for London, should be great.

Burn said:
You do know we have seven years to build one right?

Knowing British Contractors, it'll be late and overbudget by 40% :). From what i have heard though, part of the project for the new stadium and everything will be new transportation links, so hopefully it won't stretch the underground too much.

Woo they're gonna be renovating all of east London for it, so its gonna be awesome, can't believe we won. 20 minutes on the train everyday to watch them, oooh the hard life. London is much better than Paris tbh. For the sake the video for Paris was SO cheesy, with the red arrows making the olympic rings in the sky. So lame, David Beckham doing a crossword in a cafe...? SOLD LONDON! :D

Hehe, I'm glad. I'll reap all the benefits (3hrs journey car or train) yet I don't have to pay the £50 increase in the council taxes to pay for all the new facilities. I was watching it this morning on Breakfast, London did actually look better than France. East London needs work anyway, so this fits nicely in with that.

Heh, my mum could actually be tried out for 2012, as she's actually one of the top Tai Chi practicioners (of the olympic style) in the country. Awesoooome :D

The_Monkey said:
Yeah, I saw that. But I think it would be better to give it to a city that hasn't had it before.

Only Madrid and New York haven't hosted it before. And Spain had it in 1992, so I don't think they took that into consideration.

Time teleportation to 2012 to see what those crazy Londoners have done.

Hectic Glenn said:
So lame, David Beckham doing a crossword in a cafe...? SOLD LONDON! :D

:LOL::LOL:

Just curious, what months will the Olympics will be starting and ending.

The IOC vote took place about 10-15km from my house. :) I'm pissed I lost $5, had a bet with my friend that Paris would win.

I've just seen a few clips of the French reaction at the moment of the result. Funny stuff!! :LOL: :LOL:

Lots of boo's and even screams of agony, it sounded like. And then some whining from snobbish Parisians about how great it would have been if held in France. GO EAT SOME HORSE :E

I'm beginning to build enthusiasm for this thing.

Laivasse said:
I've just seen a few clips of the French reaction at the moment of the result. Funny stuff!! :LOL: :LOL:

Lots of boo's and even screams of agony, it sounded like. And then some whining from snobbish Parisians about how great it would have been if held in France. GO EAT SOME HORSE :E

I'm beginning to build enthusiasm for this thing.
lol gracious in victory i see.;)

congrats guys :thumbs:
i was hoping New York would win since it is closer to Toronto and all..but London deserved it as much as any other city.

JellyWorld said:
The IOC vote took place about 10-15km from my house. :) I'm pissed I lost $5, had a bet with my friend that Paris would win.

Never bet against Great Britain, we always come out on top in the end :imu:.

Back