Votes: 14 19.7%
  • episode 2 first!

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • i'll play each a little at a time alternating between them

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

Dr0ndeh

Reaction score
seeing as one may have possible spoilers about the other, which order are you going to play episode 2 and portal?

me? im going to play portal first, im alot more excited about it then ep2, and i want to learn more about the gmans involvement! ep2 is alot more likely to have references to portal in it, and it'll be fun spotting them after ive finished portal.

me? im going to play portal first, im alot more excited about it then ep2, and i want to learn more about the gmans involvement! ep2 is alot more likely to have references to portal in it, and it'll be fun spotting them after ive finished portal.

Quoted for truth. Exactly my line of thought.

WTF am i doing as i should not be lurking here. portal first, more innnovative and basically no info on it versus hl2 ep 2 so yes i play portal first. i must lurk in the css section.

A bit of HL2 to jolt my memory > a bit of Ep1 > Ep2 > try Portal and TF2 > complete Portal (hopefully) > play TF2 > repeat.

Since they still sell them together , Episode 2 and Portal maybe, in a week or so

Cant stand multiplayer, always bores me, and I have been itching for Episode 2 since the videos

Wait to learn about tie ins with Ep 2 to start with the others, should be loud around

I know I can complete Episode 2 in one sitting like Episode 1 before it whereas Portal will bore me eventually if I try to play too much in one go and is better suited to 1 puzzle a day or so. That way, to recieve maximum playtime on October 10th, it'll be Epi 2 then Portal at my leisure.

Episode Two for damn sure

Sudano, yes, Portal takes place in the HL universe

Well my current plan for the 10th is thus: play around with Portal first, then EP2 possibly with breaks for more Portal, finish EP2, finish Portal, Spam HL2.net

And I think for the first time ever I'll try to finish a game(maybe both games) without going on any HL2 or gaming-related forums to avoid the inevitable spoilers. Which is pretty weird because I usually take my sweet time with games(eg. my first play-through of HL2 took me nearly a month, and Ep. 1 took almost a week)

Gabe is not the boss of you.

I am the boss of you. Play Portal first.
gabefck.jpg

Episode 2 has got to have more story in it than Portal, why not go through that faster

Since I have yet to play the rest of the series.....

HL2, EP1, Portal, EP2. I need Oct. 10th.

Well, to be exact:

TF2, TF2, TF2, TF2, HL2, TF2, TF2, TF2, TF2, EP1, TF2, TF2, TF2, TF2, Portal, TF2, TF2, TF2, EP2, TF2, TF2, TF2, TF2, TF2, TF2.

I first figured I would play Portal first. After all, it's shorter, and still story driven. That story, however rich it may be, will still be a part of the Half Life universe, and getting it over with faster would be a good precurser to Ep2.

if Ep2 does allude to Portal at all it would be nice to look it over after i've dealt with it... sort of put it in chronological order...

But then again, the same thing could be said in an opposite form:

I may want to play episode 2 first, and remain clueless about the apeture science allusions... like Gordon Freeman would ACTUALLY feel. Then once I have finished with being in Gordon's head, I continue on to Portal, as a sort of flashback in someone elses mind.

Yeah, those arguements together, I think I'll play Episode 2 first. I want to be in Gordon's head the first time around, not my own.

Gonna play a bit of Portal first, then shift to Episode 2 and complete it before gong back to Portal.

Seeing the Borealis with the Aperture logo in EP2 had that "Uh oh, DUN DUN DUN" effect on me that I don't think I would've had if I hadn't beat Portal and saw what Aperture was all about first before EP2.

After all, Portal is back story to a reference made in Episode 2, and not Portal referencing Episode 2 at all.

Back