Ep4

Max35

Tank
Reaction score
I heard Ep4 will have a standalone plot and be developed by someone other than Valve. What do you think it will be about? Shepard's return, the lost week, maybe even the 7 hour war. I think those would be the best three options for a standalone story IMO.

If Valve play to the community then it will be Shephard (although they may do Barney instead :x) fighting the 7 hour War preferably or the lost week
To me the former (shephard and 7hour war) makes sense and would be an excellent way to roll out Team Fortress 2 hint hint :)

Yikes, no idea. Part of me says the Lost week, part of me says something else. I've a feeling it's a blast back into the past though, I mean...there's alot of content there that has a great deal of potential. It has been said that the 7-hour war may be a little dry in terms of how it'd play out, but I don't know - I'm sure whatever company takes it up will make something of it. Which, for the record, I doubt will be Turtle Rock studios. Yes they said they had a Source based project up their sleave but they've mentioned that's it's the foundations of thier own universe.

Possible ideas:

Another, more plot-driven view of Black Mesa.
Portal storms/7-hour war.
Post invasion. Foundation of the resistance and things such as.
Sometime during the 20 years before Gordon - another part of the world.
Lost week.

Something entirely different.

Well IMHO I think any story showing what happened during those 20 years would be good, but what exactly I've got no idea.

Samon said:
Another, more plot-driven view of Black Mesa.

God, that would be awesome! But unfortunately, it sounds a tad unlikely.

the conflict where the combine kicked earth's sore ass...

As I feel like being helpful:

7 Hour War.
When the Combine came to Earth, despite all of Earth's scattered armies, they got beaten by the Combine in 7 hours. Well.. not beaten, but after 7 hours Breen negotiated the surrender of Earth.
Evidence: The newspaper clippings in Eli's lab. Ask him about them.

The Lost Week.
When you and Alyx enter the teleporter at the end of Entanglement, you are put into a slow teleport, similar to the stasis Gman keeps you in. When you emerge a week later in Kleiner's lab, the Resistance has risen up in an attempt to get Eli back: their only hope after your apparent dissapearance.
Evidence: Did you actually listen to the in-game dialogue? (There goes my helpfulness)

Laidlaw has said that the lost week is one of his favorite parts of HL2. The 7-hour-war also has potential.

BUT, let's not forget that it's EPISODE 4. That means we have 3 episodes for even interesting possibilities to arise.

I hope it is the 7 hour war so that we see the true power of the Combine, how Earth gets slaughtered and maybe we can see what portal storms look like. I hope it isn't Shepard because it seems like a waste of an episode to delve into unknown areas for a marine who was rubbish and I hope GMan lost the key to his Time Stasis cell.

The lost week will surely be cleared up in ep. 1, 2 or 3. Or at least i think so.

I still think 7 hour war would suck. Depending on which side you play you should either get completely wtfpwned or completely wtfpwn your opposition.
Meh.

Rizzo89 said:
The lost week will surely be cleared up in ep. 1, 2 or 3. Or at least i think so.

Why? The only thing that happened was people took up arms against the Combine.

Well something surely happend seeing how it is the"favorit part" of the Half life saga.

The lost week? When Alyx and Gordon where in the slow teleport?
Was it Marc Laidlaw who said it? That the lost week was his favorit part in Half life? So somethin is bound to have happend, that we will be informed about, in gameplay or in a scripted event as Barney telling you.

Just because he liked it doesn't mean something major happened. There was an uprising.

Yes, and you think that the uprising was the onely event that made it so great? Im not saying that something major happend, just something intressting enough to hear about or see.

I just don't think anything happened during that week that makes it note worthy for future events.

Upon what do you base that? We know next to nothing about what happened during the lost week.

I can understand that, but as eejit says we know nothing, and i realy belive that it will have some significance to the story. Wheter it's important or not.

Back