episode 3 announcement on 3/11?

will valve announce episode 3 on 3/11?

• yes

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • no

Votes: 79 82.3%

• Total voters
Let's say they do announce episode 3 at GDC, even if thats not a common thing for developers to do at GDC, all you will look so stupid

this, I gotta say.

oh and by the way, just so we're clear, I don't think they will and I didn't vote yes: I'm not sure! that's why I made the bloody thread!

anyways, I hope they do.

GOOD NEWS, GUYS

HALF-LIFE 2's BEEN ANNOUNCED. OMG CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER.

Shut it, fool. Half-Life 2 is going to be amazing.

Game developers don't announce games and showcase games there.

Spore springs to mind, followed by the countless other vids I can find on the interweb

But I personally don't think they'll show it at GDC but they will mention it in some form in April

wow the IGF awards show is pretty lame and awkward... I really don't think there will be any major announcement coming out from this speech.

lol hes talking so much lol he said he was going to answer questions then it went blue, and he said it wasnt working what a tricky guy that was so on purpose!!!!!!!

FFS HE WAS GOING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT PORTAL AND STUFF AND THEN HIS COMP BLUE SCREENED SO HE SKIPPED IT ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

see he was talking about how they make a partnership with the customers that is exactly what he did there by teasing us with that blue screen bullshit

I am starting to feel like we wont get ANY episode 3 news until after Portal 2 is released....maybe we will get the first bits of news in an episode 2 update early 2011.

However what i think was interesting how they said they STARTED some of their recent collaborating with the community with the portal update...meaning they will probably do more stuff like this near the eve of episode 3 news.

Very smart, funny, and fustrating that we ALMOST got some news. Oh well here is to E3 2010:cheers:

My god you 2010ers are annoying...
Why did you think he'd make an announcement? What factual evidence was there?

I am starting to feel like we wont get ANY episode 3 news until after Portal 2 is released....maybe we will get the first bits of news in an episode 2 update early 2011.

However what i think was interesting how they said they STARTED some of their recent collaborating with the community with the portal update...meaning they will probably do more stuff like this near the eve of episode 3 news.

Very smart, funny, and fustrating that we ALMOST got some news. Oh well here is to E3 2010:cheers:

i agree, especially with all the talk about the length of the development for original half life and shit, I'm sorely disappointed though lets see what they release to us in the near future.

I do not think Ep 3 even exists.

I'm sure most of you long-timers have accepted this as well.

I believe the episodic system has been dropped in favor of a major release, possibly to showcase an updated or even advanced game engine.

I'm giving a 50/50 chance to one of two possibilities: the above, or Valve has been so absorbed with TF2, L4D, Portal, that they just have not dedicated much time to the next HL installment.

I don't know, we didn't know anything about Portal 2 either and then suddenly WHAM - Valve shows up with updates and a whole load of media and information.

If they did all this then Episode 3 will be even bigger, the whole internets will go offline. Don't forget Gabe used to say that "people recognize our company by us being late when it comes to releasing games, we will delay games to improve quality. Games can be delayed for a short time, but they can suck forever."

Or something along those lines..

clearly games can be delayed for a long time also.

A very long time.

I suspect the date was just a mention of the GDC and the award Gab was going to get and nothing more. (if I understand correctly)

there a clip uploaded anywhere? i watched for an hour but left 4:15 dam!!

i think we should start expecting a full game release, or at least something larger then Ep 3. Who knows, maybe they'll still call it Ep 3 but it'll be a huge game in itself?

I will not say "Expect HL3" just due to the fact that the time it takes Valve to develop a full on game + Valve Time = full game in 5 years lol

I will not say "Expect HL3" just due to the fact that the time it takes Valve to develop a full on game + Valve Time = full game in 5 years lol

Well, we're getting close to it. The orange box came out in 2007.

its going to be a major release in 2011 for def really. I cant remember if it was this thread but I posted an article that it wont be out in 2010, and this year we have portal 2 which i reckon will have a serious upgrade to the source engine.

It will be almost 4yrs if it comes out late 2011. finically it would make sense to deal with portal 2 this yr and episode 3 in 2011. The last few years its been 1 game a year so I suspect that's valves new trend. Hopefully we learn something about episode 3 in the portal 2 story :)

Also i think it will be half life 3 and the first chapter will be what episode 3 would have been, but thats just a guess, it's hard to see half life 2 episode selling so well on its own by 2011 :/ it would need to cater to a new audience as well :/ that's the only thing that worry's me

yeah cant believe gabe did that, obv done on purpose to annoy us :( so a big fat joke to him is it!!! :p

We only got one thing out of this from Gabe.

aaylic.jpg

HAHA!!! i wish i saw it what he do? he just about to mention it then OH NO MY PC GONE WRONG :p gabe shud move to windows 7 then he cud tell us the news without fail

He discussed the future of donuts (that being rainbow sprinkles, I totally agree cause you get the different textures), various Valve things, and then OH NO BLUE SCREEN. Also, there was a Mega64 sketch with them running to the GDC building only to come face to face with Gabe.

oh isn't this funny, last time I saw mega64 they were bitching about l4d2 - now they're doing a sketch featuring gabe...

Back